Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 1 Pajero

Generation 1 Pajero NA - NG Models 1983 - 1991

Old 16-11-17

Perseverance and being methodical will overcome your fault.
There are heaps of used parts available here in Australia which makes it easy for us.

maybe it is the crank sensor ? The CPU will cut volts to the fuel pump as well if the crank sensor has a snooze. Mercedes made a heap of cars of the late 90's early 2000's where the crank sensor was almost gauranteed to die..

I have had my 1989 V6 for a few years now... I bought it with low kms 200,000...but it had been run into the ground. i took the heads off and valve guides were replaced. one had come loose and dropped half way out. biggest issue was cleaning years of congealed oily mess off everything from numerous serious oil leaks.. The left bank of the motor had about a bucket of sludge in it and it blocking coolant flow to the back of the left cylinder head.. I used a pressure washer to blast every coolant channel(and the odd oil feed channel) and blew it all out onto the carport roof
It took about a year of hobby project time to get it back running as it should..

First trip out and doing 100kph it just cut out. 10 minutes later it started again and I got it home.

Took the fuel filter out and got covered in liquid mud and petrol...it was full of dirt. That has been my only problem apart from a head welch plug falling out.. it survived... and I got to do a lot of my work again..except I did it better and faster.

Ignition timing... I set it up by the book but it was missing power..I just advanced it until it sounded happy and have left it there.. and it goes very well and is almost economical and very reliable.