Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 1 Pajero

Generation 1 Pajero NA - NG Models 1983 - 1991

Old 16-12-14

Default IOTG Wiring Sketches (my Diagrams)

These sketches below are exactly what I used to fix my Outside Inside Thermometer Gauge (OITG)
IMG_1097.jpg
FYI I drive an IMPORT 3/11/1988 2.5TDI SWB
IMG_1464.jpg
Power Supply
+12V Blue White and Black Green (-) Earth (to Chassis)
Inside Thermistor Red and Red White
Outside Thermistor Black and Black White
Light Globe Green White +12V and Black Yellow (-) Earth (to Chassis)
IMG_1465.jpg
Circuit Board locations of each of my coloured wires, as per my OITG. Turn your one upside down so the four connections are at the bottom of the photo and the next row up only has three wire locations (no need for the light globe earth wire on the circuit board, if you understand what I mean?).
Below is a link from POCUK, for the Thermistors. You could order them over the Internet or I am sure someone like Prime Electronics, here on the Gold Coast, Queensland would have. The one in the link looks different to mine, but probably does the same job TBC.
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/1912235/
Just reply if you need me to explain further (ignore the rectangular shadow in both photos it is my iPhone)
One last thought, even if you connect the power supply an Error Code "E" will light up until the Thermistors are connected in too. I honestly do not see what purpose the light globe wire on the OITG circuit board fulfils?

Last edited by Craig Williams; 18-12-14 at 09:15 AM.
Old 17-12-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Williams View Post
These sketches below are exactly what I used to fix my Inside Outside Thermometer Gauge (IOTG)
Attachment 26161
FYI I drive an IMPORT 3/11/1988 2.5TDI SWB
Attachment 26159
Power Supply
+12V Blue White and Black Green (-) Earth (to Chassis)
Inside Thermistor Red and Red White
Outside Thermistor Black and Black White
Light Globe Green White +12V and Black Yellow (-) Earth (to Chassis)
Attachment 26160
Circuit Board locations of each of my coloured wires, as per my OITG. Turn your one upside down so the four connections are at the bottom of the photo and the next row up only has three wire locations (no need for the light globe earth wire on the circuit board, if you understand what I mean?).
Below is a link from POCUK, for the Thermistors. You could order them over the Internet or I am sure someone like Prime Electronics, here on the Gold Coast, Queensland would have. The one in the link looks different to mine, but probably does the same job TBC.
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/1912235/
Just reply if you need me to explain further (ignore the rectangular shadow in both photos it is my iPhone)
One last thought, even if you connect the power supply nothing will light up until the Thermistors are connected in too. I honestly do not see what purpose the light globe wire on the OITG circuit board fulfils?
Hi Craig,

Thanks alot for your time, I will try this over the weekend and get back if some thing is required, You are a savior

BTW attached Image is my Ride, 1988 LWB 2.5 TD
Old 17-12-14

Good luck, and I could not see your attachment?
Old 21-12-14

Quote:
Good luck, and I could not see your attachment?
I think the office network screwed the upload, This is my Ride
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1244188_10203908282572064_3662370606642096716_o.jpg (138.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 23-12-14

Thanks it worked this time!
Old 24-12-14

Quote:
Thanks it worked this time!
Hi Craig,

Thanks to your diagram and bit of elbow grease I managed to get the device to work again,

How ever there is a component which becomes very hot, I have circled it in the Red. Is this Normal ?

Note: I am not an Electronic Expert hence don't know for sure whether this is a Diode or something else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1186.jpg (182.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 24-12-14

Default I do not think it is a diode

If it is a fairly large resistor 62 ohms 2 Watts (which means it gets very hot!).

Can you run it for say an hour or so, to see if it maintains the temperature evenly and remains working? Be ready to turn it off is you smell something bad happening.

Last edited by Craig Williams; 03-06-17 at 09:29 PM.
Old 24-12-14

Default For a comparison from Google Images - Resistors

image.jpg
This is just an example only, the real one is 62 ohms 2 Watts
BTW congratulations for getting it working!

Last edited by Craig Williams; 03-06-17 at 09:33 PM.
Old 22-09-15

Default IOTG update for my Import Pajero 2.5TD

Just recently I have had to "tap" on the side of the gauge to get it to come back on, if you hit a bump or pot hole in the road. To fix this means remove and "re-soldering" all the joints. One of them must have become a "dry joint" but who knows which one so I shall have to do them all again. It is 27 years old now! I had to do the same to my 1997 Delica's clock. After numerous " taps" which were getting harder as it became more often I finally bit the bullet, removed and dismantled it, and run the soldering iron over every single soldered joint. It is now working again fine. I do not add more solder unless it looks questionable and needed. Mostly just remelt it as smoothly and quickly as you can, so as not to over heat it. Do not do them all in a row. Go in some-what of a pattern but jump from one side to the other to "spread out" the heat sink, so to speak.
IMG_2651.jpg
I re-soldered all joints on 23/09/15 and now, over a week later, 2/10/15 it is still working fine. Update 1/11/15 a month later and it has not missed a beat.

IMG_2650.jpg
Here is how I re-connected the wires which come out the back of the IOTG. The white wire connector comes in "blocks" from Jaycar, they are a little bulky but do the job.

Last edited by Craig Williams; 01-11-15 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-05-17

Stay tuned for an update as the IOTG started to play up again (1/5/17) and I have removed the 62 ohm 2 Watt resistor (it gets hot and has broken down) and I am waiting for a replacement via eBay (China) to come in the post. I have taken photos 9 which should be very helpful. See page 4.

Last edited by Craig Williams; 06-05-17 at 10:49 PM.