Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 1 Pajero

Generation 1 Pajero NA - NG Models 1983 - 1991

Old 19-11-14
Valued Member

Thanks for the link. I have the aussie spec model with more useful guages (volts/oil) but have always wanted a decent indoor/outdoor temp display to go with my other three guages. Might have to think about purchasing one of those US truck guages!

Edit: Actually, I just remembered I bought a second hand set of import pod guages years ago with the altimeter and temp guage. Can these be retrofitted into aussie spec models?
1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan
Old 19-11-14
Valued Member

so refreshing to see someone having a crack at this sort of thing rather than ripping it out altogether and binning it!

Well done!
Old 19-11-14

Default Inside thermistor location

yes you could and I can help you with which coloured wire goes where if you want, just message me what specifics you need to know. You would need to buy two thermistors, which are fairly cheap to get and I have seen them listed on another thread.

Last edited by Craig Williams; 19-11-14 at 10:41 PM.
Old 19-11-14

In reply to Techlegend... As far as I have read in other posts it is mounted underneath the drivers side steering wheel cover
Old 20-11-14
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Williams View Post
yes you could and I can help you with which coloured wire goes where if you want, just message me what specifics you need to know. You would need to buy two thermistors, which are fairly cheap to get and I have seen them listed on another thread.
so would I need the thermistors for the jap spec guage or the US truck guage or both?

Sounds promising!
Old 20-11-14

the US gauge would come with two one outside, one inside, if you use the second hand Mitsubishi one you already have, you would need two that match the specifications which is 1000 ohms and as temp increases, resistance decreases (you can get ones which go the opposite way).
Old 21-11-14
Valued Member

Thanks mate. The US one sounds simpler and might be a good option for a b'day gift early in the new year...
Old 04-12-14

Default US Thermometer Gauge

Yes the US Gauge would be easier as it comes with all the wiring needed I would imagine plus instructions I should think. But it is USD 132.50. Plus postage! You could probably fix your existing old Pajero gauge for less, providing the electronic circuitry in the old gauge is still working? The Thermistors are only a few dollars each then you need some wire, like speaker wire would do the job I believe and know how to solder and basic wiring stuff.
Old 14-12-14

Hi Craig,

I have tried searching for the inside thermistors with No Luck. Also I have pulled out my Circuit and just wanted to see if it powers up before taking to a electrician. (I have checked for busted Caps/Resistors).

Looked up in my Haynes Repair Manual but there is no mention of this 3 gauge cluster.

Previous owner of my Paj has removed the wiring from the 3 gauge cluster so now It only gets power. (By the looks of it)

Any Wiring Diagrams/Help would help greatly.

See below Images from my Pajero Gen 1 1988
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5181.jpg (95.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5179.jpg (111.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 16-12-14

Default IOTG wiring diagram

I will sketch up a wiring diagram for you tomorrow, photograph my sketch and attach it to my further reply. You need a 12V power supply a positive (from ignition "Accessories") and a negative going to earth. You need two wires going to the inside thermistor and two wires going to the outside thermistor (which are not polarised i.e. positive and negative do not matter which way around you wire them). Speaker wires would do the job. There were also two other wires going to the Pod/Combo gauge for the wedge shaped light globe to light up the gauges at night, which is wired to come on when you turn on your head lights. That's four pairs of wires altogether: 1) Power supply to the IOTG, 2) Inside Thermistor, 3) Outside thermistor, and 4) the Light globe. Those are the eight wires coming from the photo in my post on this topic.
Hand sketched wiring diagram to follow tomorrow, good luck, Craig