• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wesyscott
    • Sep 2019
    • Echuca

I'm in

Officially Joined the pooj club today, what should the first mod be?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
  • tonee
    • Jun 2019
    • Queensland

A catch can if it doesn't have one yet

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Pwoffey
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2013
      • Adelaide

Nice looking vehicle
      It looks like you already have some basic mods (I can see a bull bar and driving lights) so what else did the Paj come equipped with?

Your next mods will very much depend on the sort of activities you want to get up to with the Paj. If you let us know that, then there will be no shortage of advice forthcoming. But whether or not you will be doing any off-road stuff, consider protecting your engine with (i) a catch can (ii) an EGR blocking device and (iii) an auxiliary fuel filter.
      BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• Ozzz
        • May 2019
        • Brisbane

egr disable mod is quite good
        My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• wesyscott
          • Sep 2019
          • Echuca

It's really just the bullbar and driving lights at the moment, down the track I'd like to set it up for touring and make it capable for off road. Pioneer rhino rack, 50mm lift, winch, underbody protection, snorkel. Not sure if there is much benefit in an exhaust? I will definitely look at the catch can and egr block, is there a catch can that's better suited than others?

Comment

• Pwoffey
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Adelaide

Have a look at this comparison article: https://www.unsealed4x4.com.au/the-g...an-comparison/

Just be careful to assess the real estate under the bonnet when fitting a snorkel and a catch can and an extra fuel filter. For example when I got my catch can I already had an Airtek snorkel (on the driver's side) and a Fuel Manager pre-filter on the passenger side. I also have an air-compressor fitted on the passenger side. I needed to fit the catch can on the driver's side. The HPD catch can provided a bracket that specifically allowed for the position of the Airtek snorkel in a late model Paj, so I went with that. [The comparo article, which appeared after my build, recommends some other brands ahead of the HPD, but I am happy with my choice.] Of course there are always new products and bracket designs coming out and some people make their own custom brackets to squeeze things into the engine compartment. The key is to plan things carefully so all of your accessories are compatible.
            BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by wesyscott View Post
              It's really just the bullbar and driving lights at the moment, down the track I'd like to set it up for touring and make it capable for off road. Pioneer rhino rack, 50mm lift, winch, underbody protection, snorkel. Not sure if there is much benefit in an exhaust? I will definitely look at the catch can and egr block, is there a catch can that's better suited than others?

Get the Provent. Proven, reliable and quality.
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• farcanal
                • Mar 2010

I bought the provent without the brackets. You can buy with or without.
                Made my own brackets , pretty simple using aluminium strapping from Bunnings.
                Welcome to the club, many in here have had multiple Pajeros, I'm on my 4th starting in about 1990.
                A bloke I work with is on his 6th.

Comment

• Seigried
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2016
                  • brisbane

Originally posted by farcanal View Post
                  I bought the provent without the brackets. You can buy with or without.

Made my own brackets , pretty simple using aluminium strapping from Bunnings.

Welcome to the club, many in here have had multiple Pajeros, I'm on my 4th starting in about 1990.

A bloke I work with is on his 6th.
                  Yup thats what i did too. I bought mine from brisbane filters at brendale, all up hoses, brackets, hardware,and provent cost me ~$200 (for each car) as i did both the ns and nw at the same time it was a significant saving.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• wesyscott
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Echuca

Thanks all

Comment

• wesyscott
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Echuca

Is there a way of playing music from a device through this head unit?
                      Much appreciated

Comment

• dreamerman
                        Valued Member
                        • Sep 2009
                        • Sydney

Is there a way of playing music from a device through this head unit?
                        Maybe a FM transmitter?
                        03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• bige
                          • Apr 2010

have a look in the glovebox for a Ipod cable and or usb connectors

Comment

• wesyscott
                            • Sep 2019
                            • Echuca

Thanks yer the transmitter might work, no USB connection unfortunately. Think I might look at replacing the headunit.

Comment

• dreamerman
                              Valued Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • Sydney

Thanks yer the transmitter might work, no USB connection unfortunately. Think I might look at replacing the headunit.
                              I mean this transmitter. Just plugin cigarette power and tune to frequency. Easy.
                              03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X