• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg Grey Grumbly
    • Aug 2012
    • Brisbane, Southside

PS Door Trim Removal

I had to remove the passenger front door trim this morning after dropping an external mirror nut while changing the mirrors back to standard from my big OCAM mirrors.

This was the first time I've had to do this job on the PS, and I'm thinking there must be others that would like some insight so here it is:
    • Removal of the trim is relatively easy but to avoid damage identify and remove the three (3) screws that hard attach the trim to the door.
    • These screws are found:
      • upper trailing edge of the door trim near the lock under a round cap that just unclips with fingernail pressure
      • under the small plate in the armrest - it unclips with a small flat blade in the slot
      • behind the internal door handle - the cover plate which is a simple pullout is shown in the below photo

• If you haven't already, remove the tweeter cover by pulling in from the front edge, it comes off easily and is only held by one clip and a tang that engages the door trim at the front
    • Then working from the front edge, prise the door trim off following it around the door frame, then lift from the rear up out of the window recess (best to have window down)
    • the internal handle can be released from the door trim by undoiing the bright silver retaining screw from the back, then unclip the elec windows plug and unscrew the door lamp and the whole trim can be removed away.
    • Install is the reverse starting with the internal release

Once having done this job its about 15 mins each trim, hope this helps. By the way, the door trim does not have to be removed to swap the standard mirrors for the Clearviews or OCAMs, just the tweeter cover needs to be removed - strongly suggest using a dab of silastic on the long 10mm socket though to avoid dropping the nuts inside the door!

Greg
    Attached Files
    Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
    Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186
  • The Commodore
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2009
    • Macarthur Region NSW.

Thanks for that Greg, I've lost a nut a couple of times when changing mirrors but they have only landed on a "shelf" formed by the door liner I guess.
    From there I have been able to use a magnetic pickup.

I had the linings off the NT several times to change speakers etc. but when it's only a quick simple job it's not the time to fiddle around taking the door linings off for the first time.

Great description thanks.
    Regards.....Keith.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X