• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dddean
    • Feb 2020
    • Eimeo

Pajero 2000 Escape bullbar

Hey fellas,

Got a Pajero 2000 Escape, build month 12/99. Been told by different bullbar shops that my build was a 6 month period where the mountings differ to the previous and next models.

So I was wondering if it was too much of a hassle to fit an older/newer model bullbar onto my pajero. Or if anyone else has done it and can give me tips about doing it.

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks!
  • aussieguy
    • Oct 2015
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by dddean View Post
    Hey fellas,

Got a Pajero 2000 Escape, build month 12/99. Been told by different bullbar shops that my build was a 6 month period where the mountings differ to the previous and next models.

So I was wondering if it was too much of a hassle to fit an older/newer model bullbar onto my pajero. Or if anyone else has done it and can give me tips about doing it.

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks!

My 02/00 has a ARB bullbar that I pulled of my NK before it went to the wreckers.
    05/97 NK 3.5L DOHC - DEAD
    02/00 NL 3.5L SOHC

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

I had an Oct 99 build NL Escape, and easily fitted a polybar which was supposed to fit a NJ/NK model Pajero. There was nothing about airbags on the Polybar (I guess that the earlier models didn't have airbags). The polybar was great - I easily removed it to work on the timing belts etc and its weight was probably not much more that the original bumper and side pieces which the Polybar replaced.

Comment

• stumagoo
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2014
        • Perth WA S.O.R

load of crap NL escapes use the same bull bar as all the previous gen 2's the NL Blister side has a different width and end design to suit the guards.... the escape with flares uses the same bar as a flared gen 2 the non flared (rare as hell) uses the gen 2 pov pack bars --- the bar height is set by the mounts on the chassis there is no variation - I have used NL front bumpers on 3.0 NJ's on 3.5's with flares and bull bars from eralier models on NL's
        1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
        *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
        1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• pharb
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Tyers,Vic

Had what I was told was an NL blister guard type ARB bar that I fitted to my non flared GLX NJ.

Just has some small recesses at corner of bar that I have always assumed are to accomodate the wider flares.

Might be able to Google an ARB price list which includes part numbers and application.

Would probably find the part numbers for the various year models are the same.
          PCOV Member 1107.
          Daily driver NX GLX
          Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
          Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
          Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• dddean
            • Feb 2020
            • Eimeo

Awesome, thanks for all the help! 😁😁

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X