• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryan175
    • Mar 2019
    • BRIGHTON EAST

CV Joints Grease

Hey Guys I've recently had my front left outer CV boot split so I'm looking at replacing all 4 boots because I figure they're probably about all shot.

I've got the repco CV boot kit which comes with grease, however I have no idea what grease it is and the quality of it. Is this grease good to use or should I opt for something else? I had my eye on the Penrite CV Joint Grease tubes however I'm a bit put off by the price. Are there many other decent quality options?

Thanks,
    Ryan
    1986 LWB 2.6, 31" AT BFGs, winch, UHF, 52" light bar and spotties, rear light bar, roof rack, awning, 2 jerry cans just to get anywhere
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

CV Joints Grease

No idea on the CV kits but I have 2 Repco branded bottles of oil - one is auto tranny fluid and the other is power steering fluid. Both say on the back “Blended for Repco by Penrite Australia” etc. so it’s possible the CV kit uses decent quality grease.

Pic added

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ryan175
      • Mar 2019
      • BRIGHTON EAST

Interesting, I always assumed Repco stuff was as cheap as possible but I'm more inclined to use it if that's the case. I'm also curious that they give an 80g sachet in the kit however the penrite tube is 100g and other sources say use as much as it will take
      1986 LWB 2.6, 31" AT BFGs, winch, UHF, 52" light bar and spotties, rear light bar, roof rack, awning, 2 jerry cans just to get anywhere

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
        Valued Member
        • May 2017
        • Sydney

It could also be terrible quality non Penrite stuff LOL. If the car is a keeper and in good shape and if the grease supplied is of unknown quality maybe the safe bet is buying some branded stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ryan175
          • Mar 2019
          • BRIGHTON EAST

That's what I was thinking and why I was looking at the penrite stuff but for 32 bucks a side it seems a bit dear.

Comment

• Ryan175
            • Mar 2019
            • BRIGHTON EAST

So for future reference I've talked to a couple of shops and been recommended to get the castrol Spheerol LMM grease which is used for CVs and comes in a 500g tub for $18 and I can't seem to see much difference between the two so I'm going to go with that one.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X