Any help would be appreciated
    1992 v6 LWB
    thanks
    Len
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Paint codes are in the FAQ section on the main page.
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Lugs
      • Mar 2016
      • Sydney

paint codes again

Thanks Pickle but i have already looked there

Comment

• Les PK Ranger
        • Dec 2015
        • Adelaide

Be aware Len that paint codes and getting the right colours off the michine are a right pita for repairers now.

For the past few years I am back into some minor panel / paint for clients, and let me say there are more times than not that a car month / year of manufacture and paint code STILL don't mean I can get a mix done.
        Even a BA Falcon a few weeks back have 3 variations of colour !!
        A Nissan Patrol had 5 variations, on a solid BLACK !!

They site different manufacturing plants around the World for some discrepancies, but even vehicles made here in Oz can have variations over a number of years.

In these cases, I had to take the car down to the paint supplier and have them do a scan with their spectrophotometer.

Nowhere to go, all day to get there . . .

Comment

• vladguan
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Lugs View Post
          Ok folks
          tearing my hair out
          cannot find the correct or any where near the colour codes
          Metalic green , plate says paint NS
          Silver trim plate says A6
          not sure what the options are on the plate
          cannot find these on any sites
          Any help would be appreciated
          1992 v6 LWB
          thanks
          Len
          On the NX, they are on the front passenger door frame, near the hinge.

My graphite/dark grey has code AE. There are three variations to the dark grey according to a site I found: AE, CMU10019 and U19.

Please call me Vlad.
          -----------------------
          MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Lugs
            • Mar 2016
            • Sydney

Hi thanks found the plate . Just can't find the correct paint codes for NS green metallic and A6 silver/gold ish trim
            Len

Comment

• vladguan
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Lugs View Post
              Hi thanks found the plate . Just can't find the correct paint codes for NS green metallic and A6 silver/gold ish trim
              Len
              What does your plate say?

Never mind. I was reading NS series Pajero.

According to a paint code PDF from another forum, the two tone combination for NS is:
              MMAL Code : NS
              MMC Code: G2S
              Main Colour: Hannover Green (QV)
              Sub Colour: Wheat beige (QX)

Hope that helps.
              Last edited by vladguan; 06-04-16, 11:10 PM.
              Please call me Vlad.
              -----------------------
              MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • doncaster east vic

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                Paint codes are in the FAQ section on the main page.
                Might want to update that pickle, it hasn’t been done since 2007
                Im looking for the ironbark code
                Back from the Dark side
                NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• Pickle
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2007
                  • All over Oz

Originally posted by GOSSAMER View Post
                  Might want to update that pickle, it hasn’t been done since 2007
                  Im looking for the ironbark code
                  Ironbark (JG)
                  Dave
                  NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                  Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2008
                    • doncaster east vic

Thanks, Where are you suppose to find that? It's certainly not on the plate??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by GOSSAMER; 24-08-16, 07:44 PM.
                    Back from the Dark side
                    NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• Pickle
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2007
                      • All over Oz

Ironbark is a unique colour for Oceania (Aus/NZ) region. Might be something else on the plate but that the colour code on the criteria for ordering an NT from MMAL .
                      Dave
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Pickle
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2007
                        • All over Oz

COLOUR

Warm White (P)
                        DA MMAL
                        W23 MMC

Cool Silver (M)
                        CE MMAL
                        A31 MMC

Blac k (P)
                        EY MMAL
                        X24 MMC

Graphite (M)
                        AE MMAL
                        U19 MMC

Ironbark (M)
                        JG MMAL
                        C06 MMC

Champagne (M)
                        HA MMAL
                        S18 MMC

MMAL (Mitsibishi Motors Australia Limited)
                        MMC (Mitsubishi Motors Corporation)
                        P (Pearlescent)
                        M (Mettallic)
                        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • doncaster east vic

paint codes again help

When you zoom in it says C06 I thought it said 006 so it's showing the MMC code rather than MMAL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Back from the Dark side

Comment

• NFT5
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • Canberra

Originally posted by Les PK Ranger View Post
                            Be aware Len that paint codes and getting the right colours off the michine are a right pita for repairers now.

For the past few years I am back into some minor panel / paint for clients, and let me say there are more times than not that a car month / year of manufacture and paint code STILL don't mean I can get a mix done.
                            Even a BA Falcon a few weeks back have 3 variations of colour !!
                            A Nissan Patrol had 5 variations, on a solid BLACK !!

They site different manufacturing plants around the World for some discrepancies, but even vehicles made here in Oz can have variations over a number of years.

In these cases, I had to take the car down to the paint supplier and have them do a scan with their spectrophotometer.
                            Only 3 variants? You got lucky. There is a Toyota silver that has over 130 variants in my system (Axalta)

There are many reasons why colours vary. Factories change suppliers, mixes are not done carefully enough, colours settle in the drum, lines not completely flushed, guns/tips lose their settings, even the weather can change a colour.

These days, no paint shop should be without a spectrophotometer. I use it on every single job.

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
                            On the NX, they are on the front passenger door frame, near the hinge.

My graphite/dark grey has code AE. There are three variations to the dark grey according to a site I found: AE, CMU10019 and U19.
                            Those different codes are not variants of the colour, they are different ways of expressing the colour code. Mitsubishi have 3 ways. First, the full colour code, which in your case is CMU10019. Then a shortened version of the same, U19 (the other letters/numbers have different meanings).

Third is a 2 letter code. This is a factory or regional code and varies from factory to factory. Unless you know when and where the vehicle was made it shouldn't be used to identify the colour since it can used in a different factory for a different colour, sometimes even in the same factory a few years later for a different colour. There are separate codes which indicate a two-tone vehicle, as you found.

Variants are produced by the local colour labs in each country as they take vehicles from the production line and check the colour against what they already have. If the difference is significant enough then a variant will be formulated. It retains the same colour code but may have a different stock code or other numbering/lettering according to the system used by that paint company.

When I looked up U19 on my system it gave me 2 different variants for that colour but, from experience, it is a quite difficult colour to match with the balance of blue, violet and red being critical. That's why we use colour chips and spectrophotometers - to narrow that range down to something that will be at least a blendable match. It's a challenge, but with the right tools and checking by eye, good matches can be made.

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                            Ironbark is a unique colour for Oceania (Aus/NZ) region. Might be something else on the plate but that the colour code on the criteria for ordering an NT from MMAL .
                            Dave
                            That colour is produced in Thailand, the Philippines, Japan, the USA and other factories. It's only called "Ironbark" in Australia. Elsewhere it's known as Quartz Brown, Greyish Brown and Granite. C06 is the correct code and I have 17 different variants in my system.
                            Chris

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2008
                              • doncaster east vic

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
                              That colour is produced in Thailand, the Philippines, Japan, the USA and other factories. It's only called "Ironbark" in Australia. Elsewhere it's known as Quartz Brown, Greyish Brown and Granite. C06 is the correct code and I have 17 different variants in my system.
                              Well that sucked arse Plugged JG into the system and it came up with Quartz Brown so i figured i was on the right track but had 3 choices Std, Lighter or Greener so i got a can of std made up and its not even close it looks really close to the metallic grey on the spare wheel cover
                              Back from the Dark side

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X