• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Avan1950
    • Jan 2010
    • Canberra

Footwell light

Hello all,
    I had my first night drive in the NT pajero tonight. Is it normal to have the front footwell lights lit while driving, no other interior lights were on at the time

Thanks
    Avan
  • Dazza.
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Northern Territory

Yep, there's 3 settings on the overhead lights.

1) off altogether
    2) auto when doors open - when closed subtle lighting in the footwells - also a very small light (but surprisingly effective) near the overhead lights.
    3) lights on.
    COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

• robshep
      • Feb 2009
      • Patterson Lakes Vic 3197

Footlight well

I leave my overhead lights in the "off" position for two reasons;

One - I kept seeing the small overhead light out of the corner of my eye and found it annoying.

Two - One of us doesn't close her door properly when she arrives home at night and has, in the past, managed to flatten the battery overnight.

On the subject of switches, I was surprised to learn that the mirror adjustment panel on the dashboard was not illuminated.
      Thinking I'd blown a globe/fuse I rang the dealer, he tried the NT on the showroom floor and, no, the panel isn't illuminated.
      Thought it strange that everything on the dashboard, except the mirror adjustment panel, was illuminated.

Comment

• Avan1950
        • Jan 2010
        • Canberra

Thanks guys

Comment

• Dazza.
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2009
          • Northern Territory

Originally posted by robshep View Post

On the subject of switches, I was surprised to learn that the mirror adjustment panel on the dashboard was not illuminated.
          Thinking I'd blown a globe/fuse I rang the dealer, he tried the NT on the showroom floor and, no, the panel isn't illuminated.
          Thought it strange that everything on the dashboard, except the mirror adjustment panel, was illuminated.
          On this same topic, does the 4WD selection options illuminate on anyone elses Pajero's? I noticed last night that the 4WD selections don't illuminate. This normal?
          COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

• brett
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007

Yep that's normal, been like that since NM. First I thought it strange as it would be good to be able to see it. But when you think about it thats what the lights on the dash are for.

Comment

• bushman
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2009
              • Wollondilly Shire NSW

I wondered the same question re the foot well lights soon found they go off if you turn the switch off, but more convenent to have it in the on auto postion, though damned if I know why you need your feet lit up while driving, tend to turn it of if longer drives at night.

One thing amazes me though, All this you bute techno stuff Mitsi add to there vehicles, they fail to have adjustable lumbar support in the seats . maybe VRX and Exceed do.
              09 NT Di-D Auto RX (Now Gone)
              2014 Golden Eagle Escape in tow ( Now Gone)
              2021 QF Pajero Sport
              ​​2020 Vacationer Roadtracker in tow
              LOVE'N THAT CAR"

Comment

• marcthelegend
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2008
                • Gosnells, WA

Originally posted by brett View Post
                Yep that's normal, been like that since NM. First I thought it strange as it would be good to be able to see it. But when you think about it thats what the lights on the dash are for.
                Strange, my 4wd selector stick thing illuminates the '2H, 4H, 4Hlc, 4Llc' the 4Llc illuminated a soft orange-red color. Does this mean mines unique!!?

I am toying with the idea of illuminating the + and - for the manual-auto mode, took it apart but am unsure as of how to go about it?

Cheers

Marc
                05 NP GLX 3.8 Auto. 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Granke mk3 12,000lbs winch, Uniden UH015sx, HID spotties, Roof mounted light bar, Work lights, Upgraded stereo, Tinting, 2.5t tow, dual battery setup (homemade), Radar Renegade tyres, wired up dummy lights, Bushskinz Sump/Intercooler plates, home-made diff breathers (front and back) and a cheap ebay snorkel.

To-do:
                brake upgrade, oil seals (again!!)

Comment

• green monster
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • Adelaide

rckon i checked mine a while back and it had the mounts for the lights but no glpbes/wires, is it worth my time fixing it up ???
                  cam
                  NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• marcthelegend
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2008
                    • Gosnells, WA

Originally posted by green monster View Post
                    rckon i checked mine a while back and it had the mounts for the lights but no glpbes/wires, is it worth my time fixing it up ???
                    cam
                    Pretty useless IMO, I already know the order of the 4WD selector - 2h,4h,4hlc,4llc and only really use 2h/4h, rarely 4hlc and even rarer 4llc, most of my 4x4ing is done at daytime anyway and the dash lights tell you what gear your in.

Cheers

Marc
                    05 NP GLX 3.8 Auto. 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Granke mk3 12,000lbs winch, Uniden UH015sx, HID spotties, Roof mounted light bar, Work lights, Upgraded stereo, Tinting, 2.5t tow, dual battery setup (homemade), Radar Renegade tyres, wired up dummy lights, Bushskinz Sump/Intercooler plates, home-made diff breathers (front and back) and a cheap ebay snorkel.

To-do:

Comment

• Mike DiD
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by robshep View Post
                      One of us doesn't close her door properly when she arrives home at night and has, in the past, managed to flatten the battery overnight.
                      Leaving the doors open on my NS won't flatten the battery - there's a timer that turns all interior lights off after 30 minutes - if you're in the Auto Position.

At long last Mitsu have recognised that some people use Pajeros to go camping, where you leave doors open.

This is a huge improvement over the NP, where the ONLY way to to stop the door lights flattening the battery was to remove the bulbs - there wasn't even a fuse you could pull.
                      Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

• Blinky Bill
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • Bellingen NSW North Coast

marcthelegend - Nice alias by the way.

Interested in your comments and how much off road you do. Personally speaking I live where many people would consider 'pretty off road' and like you I seldom ever needed more than 2H or 4H in my previous chariot (Landy Defender).

Now that I have the new Pajero I'm of course interested in what it does and how to safely operate the vehicle. Yes I've played with the 4hlc & the 4llc and even the rear diff lock. But realistically how often I'll ever need more than 2H & 4H, yet remains to be determined.

I'm certainly no hard core off roader. 'Tread Lightly' is my motto. I believe in minimum impact to the tracks and to the vehicle.

Hopefully others will chime in with how they use their centre diff locks etc. No doubt there is a time and place when they are needed.

Cheers - Blinky
                        2013 NW Platinum Auto DiD - Tow bar, rubber mats, MM GPS, MM neoprene front & rear, ARB compressor, Safari snorkel and Bridgestone D697's.

Daily transport & tug for 2000 Kimberley Kamper.

My 'one day' list:
                        * ARB air lockers
                        * Bilsteins, Lovells & 50mm lift
                        * nudge bar

Comment

• marcthelegend
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2008
                          • Gosnells, WA

Blinky Bill, The pajero seems to perform so well in 2H/4H.

Wherever I go, I give it a try in 2H, and am often surprised by how far it gets in 2H, if that fails, I go for 4H and that 99% of the time gets it going, sometimes I need 4Hlc (though rare) when rock hopping. I have a vid somewhere when going over a series of badly placed rocks, no matter what path you take, you will always have 4 wheels on the 'up' part of the rocks, and being at say an 80 degree angle, it took a fair bit to get over them. 2H failed early on(as expected), 4H got over the easier stuff, then also got stuck, 4Hlc didnt get over the steep rocks, and 4Llc with TC buzzing / clicking away got up it just fine.

I still use 4Hlc/4Llc, though rare, but I did need them to get up a rather steep sand dune, It was a 60 degree dune, where you could get a minimal run-up due to a 90 degree bend just before the bloody thing, after 5 attempts, I put it in 4Llc, tyres at 12psi, and just gunned it around the corner and up the dune.
                          Nothing is more scary that hitting a 90 degree bend in sand at 30kph. But once over that, it tackled everything perfectly, this was my first ever sand dune as well, so lesson learnt.

Cheers

Marc

To-do:

Comment

• Rocketsurgery
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by marcthelegend View Post
                            Blinky Bill, The pajero seems to perform so well in 2H/4H.

Wherever I go, I give it a try in 2H, and am often surprised by how far it gets in 2H, if that fails, I go for 4H and that 99% of the time gets it going, sometimes I need 4Hlc (though rare) when rock hopping. I have a vid somewhere when going over a series of badly placed rocks, no matter what path you take, you will always have 4 wheels on the 'up' part of the rocks, and being at say an 80 degree angle, it took a fair bit to get over them. 2H failed early on(as expected), 4H got over the easier stuff, then also got stuck, 4Hlc didnt get over the steep rocks, and 4Llc with TC buzzing / clicking away got up it just fine.

I still use 4Hlc/4Llc, though rare, but I did need them to get up a rather steep sand dune, It was a 60 degree dune, where you could get a minimal run-up due to a 90 degree bend just before the bloody thing, after 5 attempts, I put it in 4Llc, tyres at 12psi, and just gunned it around the corner and up the dune.
                            Nothing is more scary that hitting a 90 degree bend in sand at 30kph. But once over that, it tackled everything perfectly, this was my first ever sand dune as well, so lesson learnt.

Cheers

Marc

I take a slightly different approach. Generally the way you find out he 2H is inadequate is that your wheels are spinning and you're not moving. That's not very 'tread lightly'. If I'm on dirt I'm in 4H, if the track is sufficiently gnarly I prefer to move to 4Hlc then 4LLC before I really need them. I'd rather keep the drama and damage to tracks to a minimum.

Comment

• Blinky Bill
                              Valued Member
                              • Oct 2009
                              • Bellingen NSW North Coast

marcthelegend - That's interesting!

On the 4x4 training course that I attended it was taught for us to select the best gear (low or high) & centre diff lock before getting into bother, and that was with heaps of helpers about to dig or tow you out.

I guess in the scenarios that you talk about, there's no real drama of getting stuck. Being from flood prone Bellingen, I'm probably more concerned about deep mud or water crossings than sand dunes. Though the guys doing dunes seem to be having fun.

So I was kind of wondering if the auto & various ratios available (2hd, 4hd, etc) can actually be engaged easily before momentum is lost is mud or scooting across sand.
                              2013 NW Platinum Auto DiD - Tow bar, rubber mats, MM GPS, MM neoprene front & rear, ARB compressor, Safari snorkel and Bridgestone D697's.

Daily transport & tug for 2000 Kimberley Kamper.

My 'one day' list:
                              * ARB air lockers
                              * Bilsteins, Lovells & 50mm lift
                              * nudge bar

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X