• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

This is where I ended up affixing the UHF. Two small black screws into the slide mount. Made sure it’s not in the way of my leg before predrilling into plastic. There’s a nice flat spot on the trim right where I located it. Figured 2 little holes down there won’t make a difference. Might put some double sided tape under also to minimise shake and enlargement of screw holes over time. When I’m not on a trip I’ll remove the radio and tuck the wires up under the panel. I’ll use heavy duty double sided tape for the remote head bracket most likely, below the left hand driver’s vent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Tis
      • Feb 2018
      • Northern vic

I ve added mine underneath the passenger side air vent. The small panel on the door side pops away easily and hides the screw holding the unit in place
      Attached Files

Comment

• PaulMcG
        • Apr 2017
        • Sunshine Coast

Some great ideas here. Just wondering where various installations have run the antenna cable through the firewall. There's one smaller existing hole, about 18mm diameter, fitted with a grommet, left hand side below the main cable penetration. I've already used this to run 12v cabling to rear anderson plug.

There is another large hole, upper left hand side, probably about 40mm, with a grommet, on the NX you have to pull back the soundproofing material in engine bay to see it. But without removing the glove box, I can't get a run through here with my yellow tongue- just seems to go into a small void area. Any info on this would be appreciated before I remove glove box. Thanks.
        NX 2016 GLS (non-DPF); MMA towbar, nudge bar; Boo's intercooler, sump, transmission Bash Plates 3mm; Donaldson secondary FF; Provent Catch Can; SPV mod; Stedi ST4K 28" lightbar; Falken Wildpeak AT3W; MM4x4 Auto Mate; Kings raised coils/ Dobinsons IMS struts & shocks.

Comment

• Young Jimmy
          • Jun 2019
          • carlingford

Had one break off on a trip back from Cape York last year. It snapped just above the mount. It was one of those skinny ones that was always flexing. Bought a thick 6dB one in Weipa and no more troubles.

Comment

• Payero
            • Dec 2019
            • Melbourne

I’ve got mine mounted in the vanity under the glove box, running the mic cable along the transmission tunnel and terminated in the console. I wanted it hidden and only out when in use. Nice clean install and very secure.
            --
            2017 NX GLX - Ex Police
            Safari Snorkel, ARB Bar, Warn winch, Stedi Type X Pro driving lights, Falken Wildpeak at3w 265/70R17, Hayman Reece Towbar, Boos bash plates, GME UHF, EFS/kings 40mm lift, Wedgetail roof rack, Ironman awning, iDrive throttle controller, Bushskinz rock sliders, Department of the Interior rear drawers.

Comment

• Turorit
              • Oct 2016
              • Adelaide

I've mounted my Uniden UH8060s (remote mic) and my Icom IC208H under the dash on the trans tunnel.

Remote head for the IC208h is in the center console compartment, I'm 50/50 on this spot but I'm trying to keep a clean, factory look in the car.

The extended mic cable for the Uniden exits down the side of the handbrake/drivers seat and the mic has a magnet on the dash.

Added a break glass hammer under the drivers seat while I was there
              Attached Files
              2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
              --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• v8r
                • May 2014
                • mudgee, nsw

why not mount the main unit of these remote head radios inside the dash / under the seat (as they are designed?)

granted, my paj already had a little groove cut into the air duct (looks like its ex police or water board etc), but the brain box lives inside the dash with only the handpiece mounted on the dash (rhs uhf, not the HF under the dash). any of the bits ive modded are easily and cheaply replaced if required

My Fuelly.com stats

Comment

• redbruce
                  Administrator
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Melbourne

I've mounted my GME 3350 under the back section of the centre console. There is ignition controlled power close by (cig lighter) and mounted my aerial on the frame of the rear tyre garnish (don't have a bullbar and don't like an aerial in drivers field of view in any case). Run the lead in through the umbilical between rear door and body , under carpet and into rear of console.
                  PCOV Member 1954
                  MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer, ARB Smartbar. Stockman Extreme pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

• pajflareo
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Syd

Originally posted by redbruce View Post
                    I've mounted my GME 3350 under the back section of the centre console. There is ignition controlled power close by (cig lighter) and mounted my aerial on the frame of the rear tyre garnish (don't have a bullbar and don't like an aerial in drivers field of view in any case). Run the lead in through the umbilical between rear door and body , under carpet and into rear of console.
                    Great idea, where did you put the hand piece?

Comment

• jkwpajero
                      • Jun 2008
                      • Young, NSW

Originally posted by redbruce View Post
                      Same as me but my antenna is on the bullbar. I fitted the hand piece in this phone bracket.

James
                      Attached Files
                      2014 NW VR-X, with a few modifications and an Automate fitted Driving Pajero number three.

Comment

• OldEmmGee
                        • Jan 2016
                        • Adelaide

I wonder why more people don't replace the silly flip-lid credit card holder (under the air-con controls) with a 1-DIN storage pocket (elsewhere on this forum for part number) and store things (like radios) in there. Pretty grumpy about the lack of storage on my Pajero Sport...
                        2018 PS; King Springs on rear; Nudgebar; Hardkorr lightbar; rear storage inc Aux battery/Redarc BCDC; Provent EGR filter; Rear diff breather; reversing floodlight; MSA mirrors for towing a Bailey caravan....rarely....

Comment

• Pugg
                          • Mar 2016
                          • Queenstown

Hi ,
                          Iv'e been reading this thread with interest.
                          I'll attach a pic of an ideal location for a hidden unit if you are using a handpiece with all controls.
                          My vehicle came with a TV receiver unit installed in the glove box, well, behind the glove box door but above the actual box.
                          Picture will describe it better, anyhow it's well out of sight & not in the way.
                          Food for thought.
                          If anyone's keen I can easily measure depth e.t.c for you
                          cheers
                          Attached Files
                          NS Super Exceed 3.8, MCC bar, Hella daytime, Bushskinz, Boos rear bumper protector, Diff and trans breathers, Safari snorkel, lift with Lovells/ Bilsteins, Runva Winch, Good year wrangler duratrac 265/60/18, plus a set of Desert Hawk Muds on a second set of wheels.

Comment

• pajflareo
                            • Feb 2013
                            • Syd

Originally posted by OldEmmGee View Post
                            I wonder why more people don't replace the silly flip-lid credit card holder (under the air-con controls) with a 1-DIN storage pocket (elsewhere on this forum for part number) and store things (like radios) in there. Pretty grumpy about the lack of storage on my Pajero Sport...
                            I might be the only one who likes the credit card holder!

These days I travel with no cash, digital license on the phone and one CC.

Comment

• alanymarce
                              • Apr 2015
                              • Colombia

"If you're buying a new radio I'd just get a remote head one and not bother personally."

We bought a radio with everything in the handset. All there is other than the handset and its cable is a small connection block in the footwell:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X