• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ra33er
    • Aug 2013
    • lowood

lift kit

this might be a stupid ? but ill ask it anyway wat is the maximum lift u can apply to the pajero before it becomes illegal im new to this modifying 4x4 so gotta start somwhere

thanks
    brian
    if water was vodka and i was a duck id swim to the bottom and never come up...........................but water is not vodka and im not a duck so pass me a bottle and shut the phuk up
  • chriso of penrith
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2013
    • emu plains

50 mm

Comment

• markpeh
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2010
      • Lake Clarendon QLD

Depends on your model. 50 self certification, more than that needs engineer. You can do a combination of tyres, suspension and body.
      NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

• ra33er
        • Aug 2013
        • lowood

ok ty
        if water was vodka and i was a duck id swim to the bottom and never come up...........................but water is not vodka and im not a duck so pass me a bottle and shut the phuk up

Comment

• captain_paj
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2012
          • Logan QLD

Where did you get that figure from guys?
          1994 NJ GLS Auto, 3.0 LPG, 31s, HD springs, 50mm body lift, Firestone rear air bags

1993 NH GLS Manual, 3.0 LPG, 31s, Iron Man Torsion and Coils, Lovells Shocks, 30mm body lift, Manual Hubs, Extractors and god awful droning 2.5" exhaust

Comment

• markpeh
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2010
            • Lake Clarendon QLD

Originally posted by captain_paj View Post
            Where did you get that figure from guys?
            Qld dept transport. New regs came in last year.
            NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

• captain_paj
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2012
              • Logan QLD

Originally posted by markpeh View Post
              Qld dept transport. New regs came in last year.
              Could you provide a reference?
              1994 NJ GLS Auto, 3.0 LPG, 31s, HD springs, 50mm body lift, Firestone rear air bags

1993 NH GLS Manual, 3.0 LPG, 31s, Iron Man Torsion and Coils, Lovells Shocks, 30mm body lift, Manual Hubs, Extractors and god awful droning 2.5" exhaust

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2012
                • Maitland, NSW

yep.
                50mm suspension
                50mm tyre
                25mm body
                Max of 75mm combined between the three.

Which means 1" tyre and 2" suspension with no bodylift is fine, or 1" body and 2" suspension but no tyre increase etc if you catch my drift.

And believe it or not, I saved the regulation change pic on my PC months ago for future reference and only delete it the other day when I was cleaning out excess stuff in my pics folder lol
                97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• Brendan93
                  • Dec 2012
                  • Boronia Heights, QLD

Could you provide a reference?

page 26???
                  92 NH Pajero - 2.5 Turbo Diesel. Drum & Leaf Rear.

Comment

• captain_paj
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2012
                    • Logan QLD

Thanking you...

Can anyone tell me if MM provided an option for 31" tyres on the NH-NL?

Comment

• nj swb
                      Resident
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Adelaide

Thanking you...

Can anyone tell me if MM provided an option for 31" tyres on the NH-NL?
                      In the US, I believe they did (3.0 litre Gen 2). I've never seen anything from MMA listing a 31" tyre in a Gen 2.
                      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• captain_paj
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2012
                        • Logan QLD

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                        In the US, I believe they did (3.0 litre Gen 2). I've never seen anything from MMA listing a 31" tyre in a Gen 2.
                        Cool - so what's the maximum tyre size offered as an option by the manufacturer?

Comment

• nj swb
                          Resident
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Adelaide

Oops. Engage brain before keyboard.

NK & NL came with 265/70 R16, which is 31" tyre. Sorry. NH - NJ came with 265/70 R15, nominally 30". (Memory is fading - did the NK get 16s?).

I challenged MMA about this - why can't I put the 16" tyre on my NJ? They responded that it was the "factory body lift" that provided the required clearance for the larger tyre, so it wasn't "appropriate" to install 31s on NJ.

I installed 31s on the factory 15" alloys, and they were on it when Qld Transport inspected the body lift. No problem. The inspector said they only worried about increases more than 1".
                          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Dejavou70
                            • Mar 2013
                            • Townsville

So how can I tell if my NJ has had more than just the factory body lift? I only ask as when I bought it, it already had 31's on 15" rims and I recently put new tires on it in the same spec, 31x10.5R15.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• nj swb
                              Resident
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Dejavou70 View Post
                              So how can I tell if my NJ has had more than just the factory body lift? I only ask as when I bought it, it already had 31's on 15" rims and I recently put new tires on it in the same spec, 31x10.5R15.
                              The "factory body lift" came with 2.8td and 3.5V6. If you have the 2.8td, you should have it.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X