Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Mechanical

Mechanical Discussion of mechanical matters

Old 01-10-19

Default EGR Blanking

Before you block your egr system,read the article at tuner university.com about this myth. You will be surprised. I blocked mine and noticed that my oil got contaminated (blackend) whereas beforehand was running quite clean oil for a diesel.
Old 01-10-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groova 58 View Post
Before you block your egr system,read the article at tuner university.com about this myth. You will be surprised. I blocked mine and noticed that my oil got contaminated (blackend) whereas beforehand was running quite clean oil for a diesel.

Total scam.

The so called University tuner university.com sells Masters Degrees for $69.
Get a MASTERS DEGREE in Performance Tuning from the BEST in the Field for ONE low package price

For 3 days only, get ALL of our PREMIUM (not available anywhere else) Tuner University Courses featuring some of the greatest minds in motorsports:
- Top 10 Performance Myths Class (MP3 and Edited Transcript) - $29.95 value
- Performance on a Sip of Fuel Class (MP3 and class manual) - $69.95 value
- Header Design Secrets with John Grudynski (MP3 and transcript) - $69.95 value
- Dirty Secrets of Oil with Ryan Stark (MP3 and transcript) - $69.95 value
- Engine Tuning Secrets with Ben Strader of EFI University (MP3 and Transcript) - $69.95 value
Get all of the above courses (many of which not currently available anywhere else) for one single price of just $309.75 $69.95. A HUGE package savings.
You can also buy any of these individually through our resource center, but I don't know why you would as this is basically the whole store for the price of just 1 course. You'll get the MP3 recordings of each class as well as a transcript or companion manual with each course and you'll be able to download them all INSTANTLY.
Old 01-10-19

Did you even read it,or didnt understand it
Old 01-10-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groova 58 View Post
Did you even read it,or didnt understand it

Mate the WHOLE site is total .

It's a USA mob flogging fake university degrees.

And for your benefit I don't read BS.
Old 01-10-19
Valued Member

The article talks about people block their EGR in search of power etc.

Most people on this site block their EGR to stop the soot build up in the intake manifold that if not cleaned out regularly can ultimately start to effect perfomance.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 06-10-19

There are some truths in the above linked article but the whole concept that the throttle closing causes vacuum "pumping losses" is completely flawed for diesel engines. Diesel engines don't open and close the throttle to control engine speed, this is done by throttling the fuel pump and adjusting injection duty cycle. Diesel engines that are fitted with a throttle body (many are not) are strictly used to create vacuum to enable EGR gas to be pulled from the exhaust and to choke the engine on shutdown to prevent run on. The engine can run and drive with no throttle body at all. Now in saying this all combustion engines have pumping losses but in a diesel this is not due to the throttle body.

The idea that the recirculated exhaust gas reduces the capacity of the engine is certainly valid. If you reduce the capacity of the engine you certainly reduce the amount of fuel required to make it run efficiently. Based on my experience with the Pajero the impact on fuel efficiency is negligible. In my opinion the advantages of not having EGR far out way the fuel efficiency gains of having it.

Benny.
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, Fullriver DC105 & Odyssey 35PC1400 batteries, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced transcooler, 2 micron secondary fuel filter, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors & DBA XP pads, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB.
Old 06-10-19
Valued Member

Do you have to have bachelor's degree before you can get your tuning masters? Might be a cheap way of throwing some more letters behind my name....