Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Where the rubber hits the road.

Where the rubber hits the road. Discussion about drive train; (locking) diffs; wheels; hubs; suspension and, of course, tyres

Old 21-06-10

Default proper fitting 16x8 wheels

USA-based NM here, so i'm not subject to the authoritarian wheel/tyre laws i hear you folks talking about...

my question is this:

currently running 265/75-16 on stock 16x7 wheels, which are beyond tatty. am i correct that they have a 6 x 5.5" bolt circle and +46mm offset? it's the offset that seems hardest to swallow.

anyway, wanting to find some inexpensive 16x8 wheels that will fit more or less properly and allow a 285/75-16 tire (with my 50mm OME lift). a brief look at some of the big USA tire/wheel sellers turns up exactly nothing...
Old 21-06-10
Valued Member

Toyota and Nissan run the same 6 stud bolt pattern, but not sure on the offset. And out here, they do come with 16x8 rims. Not sure in your area, but worth checking out at a wrecker maybe.
Old 21-06-10
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie View Post
USA-based NM here, so i'm not subject to the authoritarian wheel/tyre laws i hear you folks talking about...

my question is this:

currently running 265/75-16 on stock 16x7 wheels, which are beyond tatty. am i correct that they have a 6 x 5.5" bolt circle and +46mm offset? it's the offset that seems hardest to swallow.

anyway, wanting to find some inexpensive 16x8 wheels that will fit more or less properly and allow a 285/75-16 tire (with my 50mm OME lift). a brief look at some of the big USA tire/wheel sellers turns up exactly nothing...
Have a check of the fitment to the Toyota tacoma rims?
I believe the stud pattern is the same, offset should fit around 20mm (more choice) or +30mm will be cloaser to standard.

BTW Hummer H3 rims may fit as well with a +38 offset Just got to be careful of the barke clearence.

Old 21-06-10
Valued Member

Ive just replaced my standard 16x7 rims with aftermarket 16x8 rims for the exact same reason. ie fitting 285/75/16's. The offset is +25, and they fit great. They have widened the wheel track by 31mm on each side. Check the pic below for the specs. Hope it helps. I dont have the 33's fitted yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01691.jpg (163.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01727.jpg (165.6 KB, 47 views)
Silver NM Pajero 3.5L Auto. ARB bullbar, Opposite Lock Rear bar, Front Lokka, Uniden UHF, Bilstein shocks, Lovells HD coils, TJM OX 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2's on 16x8 Advanti Rims, Custom bash plate, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 170s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Ironman Awning, Duel battery system.