Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Tutorial - Fitting front speakers (with photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nik
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2010
    • Perth

Originally posted by The Last Streetfighter View Post
    Also, the base of the cone is too big, so I am in the process of making up a spacer to get the magent away from the window (in the down position.)
    You can buy mdf spacers, any car stereo shop will have them. I bought a set when I did the front speakers on my last Paj. Much easier than making them.
    2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

• rollysparks
      • Feb 2011
      • Melbourne

Thanks for the instructions.

Had to replace the check strap on the drivers door as the back of the bracket had cracked and would not let the door close. Your instructions were invaluable.

For anyone else in the same position of door no close remove the two bolts (10mm spanner dose the trick) that holds the bracket to the front edge of the door. This will allow the bracket to move back inside the door and allow the door to close. There is enough room that the bracket clears the window and any other door parts.

If anyone is attempting removal of the door panel get your self a panel removal tool from an auto store. while there pick up some spare mushroom plugs for attaching the panel with cos as they age they get brittle and you will probably break at least one. (I broke three).

Dont bother cutting the plastic film to get to the check strap either. Simply remove the speaker from the door and you can reach the inside of the strap.

Thanks

Rollysparks

Comment

• Brettsky
        • Jul 2016
        • Gold Coast Queensland

Thanks buddy, nice and informative. I just fitted a aftermarket head unit and was wondering what to do with the speakers. Now I know.
        Amp and sub to come as well, not for doof doof but for all round sound.

Thanks again for your time.

Comment

• Ranger J
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Perth, Western Australia

10 years on and this is still invaluable. Made swapping out the speakers a breeze
          NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• RRising
            • Sep 2018
            • Adelaide

Sorry for the bump but this has annoyed me, all guides i have seen and this is not in any of them

What sort of shit system is this?

Not only is the speaker not perfectly round, its recessed into this plate meaning making a spacer much more difficult than it needs to be, plus there is a plastic bit on the door card which means any spacer i do fit, the door card wont reinstall properly.
            Last edited by RRising; 25-04-19, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X