Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Torque application hooked up to the NW - awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vladguan
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by gaz1 View Post
    Well after a couple of years very reliable monitoring the NT's transmission temp with Torque Pro, I've run into some problems. Firstly, the Android phone I had been using died last week; I have replaced it with an identical, new, but superseded phone. It will connect to the OBD reader, and will report most things I want - but not the transmission temperature. I have set up the phone with the same Torque PID details as set out in this thread by Glenn, afaik identical to the original phone - followed all the instructions in great detail, but still no go.
    Secondly, (and this is embarrassing) I have lost the GM Trans Temp 1 PID from the list on Torque - thoughtlessly touched the delete button and it has disappeared, and I don't have any way of reinstating it. This happened after I had re-worked the basic trans temp instructions a few times. Now I have tried uninstalling Torque and downloading/installing it again, but Trans Temp 1 is still missing - the vehicle profile seems to survive through uninstalling, downloading and installing Torque. I've done it twice! And turned the phone off between uninstalling and downloading it again.
    Any guidance for resolving either of these problems would be hugely appreciated, I've wasted too much time on it already!
    Hmm. Interesting. Only recently upgraded phone and had no issues. Try uninstalling, boot to clear cache partition and then restart and reinstall.
    Please call me Vlad.
    -----------------------
    MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• gaz1
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Blue Mountains NSW

Somehow or other, I've blundered my way to a solution. What I did was uninstall Torque, turn the phone off and on, then reinstall and set up a new profile for the vehicle - it sits there alongside the other one, but a different name. That enabled me to work my way through re-setting all the values etc....I finally found the GM1 Trans Temp PID again, (I think not via the same method I had found it previously) and all is good - the gauges I have set up are all working and all I need to do is get the display looking nice!

UPDATE: this morning (ie next day) I have found the trans temp displaying -40c when I started the Paj in the garage........and it's actually only about +3 in the garage! So I fiddled with the formula and got it to display something close to reality, the formula at present is f+10! A bit more adjustment over the next day or two should do the trick. Fingers crossed.

UPDATE 2: why it had displayed -40c as the tranny temp this morning I don't know - some sort of aberration somewhere either in the phone, the OBD2 unit or the Pajero itself. I've used the car several times today and initially it was displaying unrealistic trans temps, so through a step-by-step process of adjusting the numerals on the PID formula during several short trips, I think it is now displaying a realistic temperature for the conditions. The formula is now back at -40, which is what I had been using during the years prior to the original phone's demise. I will check tomorrow morning in the garage before using the Paj to see whether the coolant temp display and the tranny temp display on Torque are close to each other. When I first started using Torque I checked the engine and transmission sump temperatures with an infra-red temp gun first thing on a cold morning, they were always within a degree or two and that is how I originally arrived at -40 for the formula.
      Last edited by gaz1; 18-07-19, 05:42 PM. Reason: new information
      2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• toasta
        • Oct 2014
        • Northern Beaches, Sydney

I've been having a few issues with my Torque Pro and just reset the whole thing too.

I've noticed that there are now
        1. Transmission Temp - the one I set up from here.
        2. Transmission Temperature(Method 1)
        3. Transmission Temperature(Method 2)

I've got these and the Engine Coolant temp set up on one screen and trying to figure out which one is right for transmission.

Out of interest - what should the transmission temp be (ish) just normal city driving in a 2014 diesel auto (VRX)?

Comment

• Pauno
          • Dec 2012
          • Newcastle

It looks as though Torque Pro finally has an IOS compatible app. I have been holding off buying a second android phone for a long time now hoping one would come out.
          Can anyone confirm that the one in the Apple App Store is the correct one. It’s currently $13.99 and titled Torque Pro>OBD2
          NW Exceed

Comment

• birdd
            • Mar 2014
            • Bundaberg, QLD

Originally posted by Pauno View Post
            It looks as though Torque Pro finally has an IOS compatible app. I have been holding off buying a second android phone for a long time now hoping one would come out.
            Can anyone confirm that the one in the Apple App Store is the correct one. It’s currently $13.99 and titled Torque Pro>OBD2
            Had a quick look, no that doesn't appear to be the same as the Android version... just someone trying to make money using a very similar name to the Android app... don't waste your money on it
            2008 MY09 Pajero NT GLX
            MM Alloy Bullbar, MM Sidesteps, MM Tow Bar, Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards, Pioneer Platform, Supa-Peg Supa Wing Deluxe 270 Awning, 2x2.5m Kalahari Awning, 23" 144W CREE LED Light bar, Uniden UH8080NB, eBay Reversing Camera, Sony XAV-AX100 6.2" CarPlay/Android Auto Headunit, MM/Milford Cargo Barrier, Torqit Pedal Torq, Dual Battery (CTEK D250S Dual, PowerSonic 120AH AGM)

Comment

• Pauno
              • Dec 2012
              • Newcastle

Bugger
              NW Exceed

Comment

• carnut1100
                • Jun 2019
                • brisbane

I've followed the instructions, and getting no data on the trans temp gauge... everything else seems to work fine.

Comment

• Hatto
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2013
                  • Mandurah WA

Originally posted by carnut1100 View Post
                  I've followed the instructions, and getting no data on the trans temp gauge... everything else seems to work fine.
                  What model Pajero do you have?
                  Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                  ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Trisome
                    • Dec 2012
                    • Bray Park

Hi Guys
                    I have used this Torque app for years, just got a new phone, and lost all the settings from the old one. Like everyone else I had trouble getting the auto temp right in the gauges on the screen, followed my nose through this forum and some one said to download the plug in for Mitsubishi. So that is the red square one in on of the pictures, and once that was done, you go into the plug in, and tell it that you want Pajero, wizz bang....works perfectly straight away.

Note the auto temp on the left is 15 degrees cooler than the coolant temp on the right. I have a TCL also, and you can drive around unlocked, allow the temp to rise, then go for a run with the TCL locked and watch the auto oil gradually get cooler.

this forum is the best.

trisome
                    Attached Files
                    2007 VRX, Cold Air, HPD Intercooler, 3" Exhaust, Just Autos Tune, Lovels Springs, EFS Shockies.

Comment

• carnut1100
                      • Jun 2019
                      • brisbane

Originally posted by Hatto View Post
                      What model Pajero do you have?
                      2011 NT diesel.

I also have the plugin and still don’t get trans temp...

Comment

• nj swb
                        Resident
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Adelaide

2011 NT diesel.

I know you don't want to hear this, but best bet is that something isn't right.

I created custom PIDs from scratch (rather than modifying something, or using a plugin).

I have:

Mode & PID: 2102
                        Long name: Transmission Temperature
                        Short name: Trans Temp
                        Minimum value: 0.0
                        Maximum value: 120.0
                        Scale Factor: x1
                        Unit type: C
                        Equation: f-50
                        OBD header: TCM
                        Diagnostic start command: (empty)
                        Diagnostic stop command: (empty)
                        Overrides PID: Does not override any PID
                        Remember equation function data: Store value globally
                        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Wazza999
                          • Jun 2018
                          • Canberra

2011 NT diesel.

Same here as far as I can see the plugin is not useful. I had already created the custom PID and really haven't found anything useful. What would be good is a way to poll the ecu to identify what sensors are present in your particular vehicle. Depending on your vehicle and mods some might be useful others just because you can.

MY11 NT Pajero RX 3.2 DiD, OME 2'' lift, Boo' s bash plates (3mm), BFG KO2s (18''), ECB bar

Comment

• vladguan
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2015
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Wazza999 View Post
                            Same here as far as I can see the plugin is not useful. I had already created the custom PID and really haven't found anything useful. What would be good is a way to poll the ecu to identify what sensors are present in your particular vehicle. Depending on your vehicle and mods some might be useful others just because you can.

MY11 NT Pajero RX 3.2 DiD, OME 2'' lift, Boo' s bash plates (3mm), BFG KO2s (18''), ECB bar
                            Not possible unless each sensor has an associated canbus ecu or talks to the engine ecu and on top of that, is broadcast.
                            Please call me Vlad.
                            -----------------------
                            MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• gaz1
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Blue Mountains NSW

Well after a couple of useful years on the OBD system, it's started playing up. Sometimes it will start itself OK then stop working after half an hour or so, only to briefly restart a bit later, and so on forever. Sometimes unplugging it will resolve things briefly - in pursuit of that I used electronic cleaner spray on the pins etc of the OBD unit and the car's OBD socket, just on the offchance there was some dirty interference in that area - that made little if any difference.
                              So now unless someone reading this has a better suggestion, I think it's probably time to get a new, hopefully more reliable, OBD unit - the existing one was from e-bay, not outrageously cheap from memory, but not expensive either.
                              I'm thinking maybe the $70 Jaycar version, it seems a few people on the Forum have used them.....any other suggestions of a good one in a similar price range?
                              Cheers
                              2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• Ocean
                                • May 2014
                                • Blue mountains NSW

Originally posted by gaz1 View Post
                                Well after a couple of useful years on the OBD system, it's started playing up. Sometimes it will start itself OK then stop working after half an hour or so, only to briefly restart a bit later, and so on forever. Sometimes unplugging it will resolve things briefly - in pursuit of that I used electronic cleaner spray on the pins etc of the OBD unit and the car's OBD socket, just on the offchance there was some dirty interference in that area - that made little if any difference.
                                So now unless someone reading this has a better suggestion, I think it's probably time to get a new, hopefully more reliable, OBD unit - the existing one was from e-bay, not outrageously cheap from memory, but not expensive either.
                                I'm thinking maybe the $70 Jaycar version, it seems a few people on the Forum have used them.....any other suggestions of a good one in a similar price range?
                                Cheers

I read on the Jaycar site that it is not currently compatible with iOS not sure if that is still the same or you use iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Oct 2005 NP Diesel Auto, Roof Racks, Redark Brake controler, Tobar, Rear Suspension Air Bags, Turbo Timer, Oricom UHF030 CB, ARB Bar, Warn 10000 Magnum Winch, Old Man Emu 2" Kit, Bushskinz Cooller, Sump, Transmission and Transfer Bash Plates, Tigerz11 Rear Awning and Net, Tigerz11 side Awning, Dual Batteries, Cooper AT3s, home made steel rack, rear home made Draws, Donaldson 3 micron second fuel filter, ERG blank, all breathers extended and Integra side steps.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X