• Show
Clear All
  • Terryo
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Where ever we are parked, traveling full time

Driving light question

Hi,

I have Rallye 2000 driving lights and both the bulbs were blown. I think they may have blown because both lights were loose and wobbling around.
    Got some new bulbs and fitted but the new ones won't go either.
    When I put the multi meter across the power and earth that connects onto the bulb inside the lights there is 12 volts but when I put the bulb in and test the power and earth there is no pwer.
    So unless the new ones blew straight away I don't know what's going on. They don't look blown though.
    The buzzer doesn't work any more on my multimeter to check condinuity, might have to get a check light tomorrow.

Ayone got any ideas?

Thanks

Terry
    Last edited by Terryo; 01-06-19, 07:53 PM.
    2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously
    NH 1992 GLS 3.0 V6 13 years
    NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD 12 years
  • Kingbrown
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2012
    • Port Augusta - SA

A high resistance joint seems a likely culprit.

Check wiring connections (including earths), fuse and relay for signs of overheating &/or corrosion.

With the circuit energised and the lamps installed you could work your way around the spotlight circuit to pinpoint where the voltage drop is occuring.
    2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Terryo
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
      A high resistance joint seems a likely culprit.

Check wiring connections (including earths), fuse and relay for signs of overheating &/or corrosion.

With the circuit energised and the lamps installed you could work your way around the spotlight circuit to pinpoint where the voltage drop is occuring.
      Thanks, found the problem. The 30a fuse wasn't blown but it looks like it has corrosion in it or it has overheated.
      New fuse and the lights work but the spot light has a brocken mount so it's no earthing properly. Will see if I can weld the cracks up or maybe just get a new one.

Terry
      Last edited by Terryo; 02-06-19, 05:32 PM.
      2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously

Comment

• Terryo
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007

Old fuse on the right new on the left
        Attached Files

Previously

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X