• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Mac
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Australia

Originally posted by BBP View Post
    I did mine a few years ago. Stuck a how-to up on the old site at the time.
    There is a bit of tension still in them even at full droop with the front jacked up.
    I jacked mine up and put stands on both chassis rails so I could do both bars at once. Place a jack under the "arm" where the adjustment bolt is at the back end of the bar. This will hold the bar under tension while you undo the bolt and remove it. Then just carefully let the jack down until bar is loose. The bar will slip out out of the front easily enough. A little bit of "suction" so a quick jerk to the back normally releases it ok. Also check the rubber boots on the ends of the bars, the rear ones on mine were torn. Mitsu has them, cannot recall the cost exactly, not very expensive. Clean and grease the ends and shove them back in. Use the jack to pretension the bar back to where it was before you started, then do the bolt up until finger tight. Release jack, drop it off the stands and see how it looks. I took tension off each side as I adjusted them. Takes longer but is a lot easier to adjust the bolt. Oh yeah lube the bolt threads too.

Cheers

Robin
    You beat me to it, i guess using the jack is acceptable.

Shane

Comment

• twc
      • Sep 2007
      • Tewantin Qld

when Iwas in fisheries years ago, we had the series 2 pajeros as patrol cars but came with winches /bullbars etc. so the whole thing definitely had a slight droop up forward. Asked mitsubishi what a fix might be and guess what they simply wound the torsion bars up and realign the front wheels, all under genuine warranty. When we sold the vehicles ,they were sold that way, as is . We never had a problem with the vehicles, they actually performed better, and even our local mitsi dealer who serviced the pajeros couldnt fault them during their service life and at time of change over. As we looked after them they were never in the 2nd hand sales lot for long.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X