• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paj
    • Oct 2008
    • Perth, W.A.

snorkle for NL

Hey guys im looking at getting a snorkle for the paj but ive been told that airflow are the only coompany that makes snorkles for the NL, i read ages ago someone said that an older model safari snorkle will fit, just wondering what model it was... ive looked through existing pages but havnt been able to find it.. thanks guys sorry for the speal
    99 3.5 V6 GL, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ, ARB Winch bar, Tigerz11 winch, Uniden cb, 2" lift, 2" Bodylift, Airtec snorkle, spotties, Black widow drawers, 4wd systems lokka in the mail..
  • Mad Mac
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Australia

Originally posted by Paj View Post
    Hey guys im looking at getting a snorkle for the paj but ive been told that airflow are the only coompany that makes snorkles for the NL, i read ages ago someone said that an older model safari snorkle will fit, just wondering what model it was... ive looked through existing pages but havnt been able to find it.. thanks guys sorry for the speal

I would get the Airflow 1 anyways, looks much better i reakon.

I dont c why the safari snorkel for the 97 and older 3.5 dohc paj's wouldn't fit. Having said that i'm sure safari have not included it in the list of approved models for a reason.

Shane

Comment

• Paj
      • Oct 2008
      • Perth, W.A.

cheers shane, will probs stick with the airflow
      99 3.5 V6 GL, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ, ARB Winch bar, Tigerz11 winch, Uniden cb, 2" lift, 2" Bodylift, Airtec snorkle, spotties, Black widow drawers, 4wd systems lokka in the mail..

Comment

• Subi
        • Mar 2009
        • nsw

Safari dont make one for the NL as i found out - the option was then airtec TJM..

Comment

• Mad Mac
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2007
          • Australia

Originally posted by Paj View Post
          cheers shane, will probs stick with the airflow

Yer, sorry my bad, i meant the Airtech TJM snorkel looks better than the safari.

I would not get the airflow 1, not worth the dollars.

I think the reason for safari not approving the safari snorkel for the 3.5 was because of air restricitons or something. I remember reading its a smaller diametre tube than the TJM Airtec. Not sure if thats true but.

Shane

Comment

• krazykat
            • Aug 2007
            • Perth, Western Australia

I'm glad someone else is having trouble looking for a snorkel for a GL/GLX body NL. I have a GLX model NL with the 2.8 TDi and can't seem to find a snorkel for it. TJM says they no longer manufacture Airtec snorkels for the NL and Safari don't make one for the NL.

Does anyone have any idea where I can find a snorkel that fits the 4M40 engine?

The Airflow one (on eBay) says it will fit but the pipework on the fender seems to end way before my airbox.

Can someone please tell me if the airbox and under fender pipework for 4M40 varied from NH-NK (GL, GLX, GLS) vs. NL (GL/GLX)?

If not, what are my options if Safari and Airtec (TJM) are no longer available?
            1998 NL 2.8TD, GLX, manual, 255/85R16 BFG KM2s, custom rock sliders, custom winch bar

Comment

• GOONA
              • Jan 2009

Did the 2.8TDI change between models? If so you could always try an older model snorkel.
              I have an NL Escape (3.5) and have been hunting around for a snorkel, after speaking to a few people it appears that the older models will fit but you will need to customise the plumbing into the air box. This is because no one seems to make one for the 3.5 but the older 3.0L ones can be used.

Hope that helps,

GOONA
              1999 NL Pajero Escape 3.5V6 Man - 50mm Tough Dog Suspension, 285x75R16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar, ARB Steel Bull Bar, Runva 11XP Winch, 180XP Roo Lites, Snorkel, home made drawers, dual batteries, USB + Accessory Sockets, 305K+km's

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X