• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex52506
    • Feb 2009
    • Dampier W.A

Who has what snorkle on DID Pajero?

Hey all,
    I have a 06 NP Pajero VRX 3.2 DID auto. I want to put a snorkle on it but keep getting contradicting ideas from people/the net/magazines,etc.
    What I would like is to hear from people who have a snorkle on their Paj with the DID motor. From what I have been reading some people say that the Safari snorkle makes the car even more noisy, others say not.
    I Have seen the Airtech snorkle on various other vehicles inc a current model Triton and it looks really good. If the performance is similar then I would be leaning towards the Airtech purely because it looks more factory. However I have only ever seen Safari snorkles on Pajeros. I live in a small town and the only 4x4 store in town will only supply the Safari so they are not much help in researching other options. I have not found much info off the net either, mainly threads from forums like this.
    Do they make an Airtech for the NP Pajero?
    Does anyone out there have either of these 2 snorkles or in fact any other brand currently installed on their cars?
    If so can you give me some feedback on your thoughts on the product?
    Any info anyone could offer would be much appreciated.
    Cheers,
    alex52506
    06 DID Auto VRX Pajero. IPF Spots, Millford cargo barrier, Mitsu Bull bar, Reese hitch, 2" Lift with Lovells, Bilsteins and Polyairs, Gen MM snorkel, 7" Touchscreen GPS... More to come (if the boss allows)!
    Just installed:IPF900XS Spots HID converted.
    Still to come, Custom ali sump guard.
    Wish list, HEAPS!
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Mate go for gen pajero snorkel as iit goes straight through guard loops around into air box. Others have 1st elbow inside guard 2nd out in front of air box 3rd to air box 4th into air box I'll post pic of mine so you can see it's one loop into box. (as soon as I can) As far as noise any snorkel mounted on drivers side of any Vehicle you will here as it sucks the air in..
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• alex52506
      • Feb 2009
      • Dampier W.A

Gus,
      Thanks mate would be much appreciated if you could find the time to post some pics as I would be very interested to see how it looks. Function before form mind you but you know how it is.
      I looked on the Mitsu website a couple of days ago and could not find any snorkle they supply?? Weird.
      Anyway will give them a ring and see what they say.
      Thanks again,
      alex52506.
      06 DID Auto VRX Pajero. IPF Spots, Millford cargo barrier, Mitsu Bull bar, Reese hitch, 2" Lift with Lovells, Bilsteins and Polyairs, Gen MM snorkel, 7" Touchscreen GPS... More to come (if the boss allows)!
      Wish list, HEAPS!

Comment

• Matatak
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2008
        • Perth

Originally posted by Gus View Post
        Mate go for gen pajero snorkel as iit goes straight through guard loops around into air box. Others have 1st elbow inside guard 2nd out in front of air box 3rd to air box 4th into air box I'll post pic of mine so you can see it's one loop into box. (as soon as I can) As far as noise any snorkel mounted on drivers side of any Vehicle you will here as it sucks the air in..

I beleive that is what you may be talking about?
        05 NP DiD Auto. 265/75R16, OME Suspension, ARB Dlx B/Bar, Warn Zeon 10-S, IPF HID's, Rear Drawer Setup, Pioneer Platform Rack, ARB 78l Fridge, GME TX3520SW UHF.

Comment

• Gus
          Administrator
          • Mar 2008
          • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by Matatak View Post

I beleive that is what you may be talking about?
          Exactly thanks Matatak saves me posting..

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• alex52506
            • Feb 2009
            • Dampier W.A

Matatak/Gus,
            Thanks 4 the info and pic's. Much appreciated. I take it that the pic you posted Matatak was the genuine Mitsu snorkle and plumbing?
            I have only just bought my latest Paj (3 weeks ago) and although I did my reserch before deciding to go with another Paj, (this is my third turbo diesel.) I didn't really look into the aftermarket side of things. I live in NW W.A and the first weekend out I had water over the bonnet on 3 occasions due to recent flooding. Hence the need for a good snorkle!
            Appreciate all the info, Thanks.
            alex52506
            Wish list, HEAPS!

Comment

• psproule
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Googong, NSW

I have the safari in ours. It enters the guard in the same spot as the pics above, but then has a pipe inside the guard which enters the engine bay at the front of the air cleaner box, just behind the drivers side headlight. It then has a tube that runs around with a 180 degree bend into the original opening on the air cleaner. The air cleaner has new mounts that moved it back slightly.

Yes, with the window down you can hear the induction noise more.

Pat
              2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
              2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Matatak
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2008
                • Perth

Originally posted by alex52506 View Post
                Matatak/Gus,
                Thanks 4 the info and pic's. Much appreciated. I take it that the pic you posted Matatak was the genuine Mitsu snorkle and plumbing?
                I have only just bought my latest Paj (3 weeks ago) and although I did my reserch before deciding to go with another Paj, (this is my third turbo diesel.) I didn't really look into the aftermarket side of things. I live in NW W.A and the first weekend out I had water over the bonnet on 3 occasions due to recent flooding. Hence the need for a good snorkle!
                Appreciate all the info, Thanks.
                alex52506
                Although the snorkel was on their before we (my parents actually) bought the car i beleive it is a Genuine Mitsu snorkel.
                on the side running along the guard it says 'Pajero' where other makes usually say 'Safari' or 'Airtech'.
                It is also how Gus describes a genuine one.

But i could be wrong.

As for the noise also i find it very hard to notice it with the noise of the diesel chugging away and the turbo whining at me, so its not a problem.

also every now and then driving through sand it lets me hear the compressor surge/flutter.
                05 NP DiD Auto. 265/75R16, OME Suspension, ARB Dlx B/Bar, Warn Zeon 10-S, IPF HID's, Rear Drawer Setup, Pioneer Platform Rack, ARB 78l Fridge, GME TX3520SW UHF.

Comment

• Gus
                  Administrator
                  • Mar 2008
                  • Traralgon. Vic

Originally posted by Matatak View Post
                  Although the snorkel was on their before we (my parents actually) bought the car i beleive it is a Genuine Mitsu snorkel.
                  on the side running along the guard it says 'Pajero' where other makes usually say 'Safari' or 'Airtech'.
                  It is also how Gus describes a genuine one.

But i could be wrong.

As for the noise also i find it very hard to notice it with the noise of the diesel chugging away and the turbo whining at me, so its not a problem.

also every now and then driving through sand it lets me hear the compressor surge/flutter.
                  Yep thats a Gen Pajero Snorkel!

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• alex52506
                    • Feb 2009
                    • Dampier W.A

Gus,Matatak,psproule,
                    Thanks for all the info guys. Do any of you guys have a pic of your car/s with the mitsu snorkle installed? Would like to see what it looks like on the car. Think I will get hold of Mitsu parts on monday and try to order the genuine item. Appreciate the help.
                    alex52506.
                    Wish list, HEAPS!

Comment

• Gus
                      Administrator
                      • Mar 2008
                      • Traralgon. Vic

Will do tomorrow night.

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Gus
                        Administrator
                        • Mar 2008
                        • Traralgon. Vic

Gen Pajero Snorkel..

Alex52506 as promised..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Gus
                          Administrator
                          • Mar 2008
                          • Traralgon. Vic

Just found this 1 too it shows Pajero on side of snorkel.

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• RovingTech
                            • Jan 2008
                            • Darwin

I have the Airtec snorkel on mine and the instalation looks similar to the genuine Pajero one both inside the and outside. TJM Darwin fitted it
                            2005 NP Exceed DiD .TJM Alloy Bull Bar. Dual Battery
                            TX3440 UHF. Airtec Snorkel and false floor. Intercooler and sump guard.

Comment

• alex52506
                              • Feb 2009
                              • Dampier W.A

Thanks for the pics Gus. Much appreciated. The car looks gret. I am in the process of trying to source one and have it shipped up to me ex Perth. No dealers up here. Now I just have to find someone to fit it for me.
                              Cheers!
                              Wish list, HEAPS!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X