• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baggyred
    • Feb 2015
    • Perth

Electric Brakes

Hi All,

First of let me start by saying I am a complete newbie when it comes to this stuff

I have a 2013 Pajero VRX and am looking at getting electric brakes.

I am borrowing a family van (about 2 tonne) and will do so once a year at most, that will be the limit of my heavy towing and it will all be on bitumen.

I'm looking at getting electric brakes and am deciding between either the new redarc towpro or the tekonsha primus hq.

My main concern is I don't want something that is going to be obtrusive 50 weeks of the year. I also need something relatively easy to install as a family member will be doing it (as they have installed the primus into a prado).

From a bit of reading I think I'm probably overdoing it getting the towpro - but just after some general wisdom

Thanks in advance

BR
  • MarkMan
    • May 2010
    • Kallangur, QLD

Go the Tow Pro

Ease of Use, non obtrusive and i dont believe any harder to install than any other controller.

I did mine myself and ill you will see is the little knob to adjust if needed if in manual mode, the rest of the unit is hidden, so nothing to knock your knees on.
    2010 Pajero NT Exceed 3.2TD,SmartBar,Traxide USI-160,2xOptima D27F,Basha Batt Tray,2" Lift Bilstein/HD Lovells,BushSkinz Underbody Protection,MM Towbar,Redarc Tow Pro,SPV EGR Mod,Oricom UHF380,ANU200,18" D697's,240w 20" Lightbar,Airtec Snorkel,Rhino Pioneer Platform.MDC Forward Fold Cruizer V5 Camper Trailer-Wish List-Runva 11XP Winch,3"Exhaust, Chip,BushSkinz Rear Bumper Protection & Side Steps,Joolca Hot Tap,more money, more time,and, and,

Comment

• mr_bosman
      • Oct 2014
      • Warrnambool

Most of the brake controllers on the market that are "Visible" can be unplugged when not in use.

If I was to fit another brake controller I would go redarc or tow pro without question.
      2012 NW Platinum Auto 3.2DiD, Colour Ironbark, with lots of other bits .......
      http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=42467

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X