• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreamerman
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Sydney

Where to service my NX in Sydney

My first 2 scheduled servicing (15k and 30k) are free and I did my 15k service in Feb20. Capped 3rd scheduled servicing (45k) costs $645 (under Diamond Advantage).

I have always been under the impression (or been told, can't remember) that when servicing is done by a dealership, they would check and apply any software/system/technical service bulletin updates/fixes as appropriate during scheduled servicing; and these are not available to any other servicing organisations outside of dealerships (in this case it is MM). Recalls are excluded as we would receive notifications to visit a dealer for repairs at no cost.

So I would really like to know if my impression is correct or incorrect?
    03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar
  • alanymarce
    • Apr 2015
    • Colombia

- software/system/technical service bulletin updates/fixes

Can't really answer this - I've always put my vehicles into concessionaire shops at (or near) the appropriate intervals) while there is any warranty cover, to avoid any come back along the lines of "Oh no - we can't honour the warranty because you haven't done the servicing at an approved shop". I would guess that dealers will at least know about the updates, and should (within their approved maintenance procedures) implement them.

- Recalls are excluded as we would receive notifications to visit a dealer for repairs at no cost.

One would hope so, although if you've changed email or physical address and not notified the dealer network you may not receive a notification.

For what it's worth we had two routine services done by Sutton's of Arncliffe (which shows up as "Suttons of Arncliffe", in keeping with the apparent prohibition of the use of apostrophes in Australia) and they did a good job, as well as telling us that we needed to replace the airbag cartridge, which was interesting in that our vehicle didn't appear on the Australian database. They jumped through some hoops to get it onto the database so that subsequent servicing was simplified.

Comment

• Mundy55
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2015
      • Gold Coast

Originally posted by dreamerman View Post
      My first 2 scheduled servicing (15k and 30k) are free and I did my 15k service in Feb20. Capped 3rd scheduled servicing (45k) costs $645 (under Diamond Advantage).

I have always been under the impression (or been told, can't remember) that when servicing is done by a dealership, they would check and apply any software/system/technical service bulletin updates/fixes as appropriate during scheduled servicing; and these are not available to any other servicing organisations outside of dealerships (in this case it is MM). Recalls are excluded as we would receive notifications to visit a dealer for repairs at no cost.

So I would really like to know if my impression is correct or incorrect?
      Not sure where you live but I can recommend Artarmon Automotive for servicing if you wish not to use a dealer. The owner drives a Pajero. I had my servicing done there before I recently moved to Qld.

Why don't you just call and ask them if they address the "software/system/technical service bulletin updates/fixes" when servicing?

Comment

• dreamerman
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2009
        • Sydney

Originally posted by Mundy55 View Post
        Not sure where you live but I can recommend Artarmon Automotive for servicing if you wish not to use a dealer.
        Thanks but they are just too far for me, I am at North West. Cheers
        03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2016
          • Greater Sydney

I once recommended a MM service dept to a member here without knowing he had service from them previously. So no more recommendations.

Don't go there often now. Recalls and SQL only. Have had nothing but great service from them.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X