• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • denmonkey
    • Oct 2017
    • Newcastle NSW

Runva winch EWX9500 vs 11XP

Hi Guys,

I was looking into installing a Runva winch on the ARB commercial bar I've chucked on order.

I was a bit confused on some pricing and which way to go.

After dealing direct with Runva re a query between the EWX9500 and 11XP , I got back some spec sheets from them in less than a day.

I must say this has been the best response I've had from the larger retailers yet.

Anyway to the point.

My main concerns for the winch was weight and current draw under load.

I only have a single starting battery, so I was paying close attention here.

I do have an Aux battery and with this in mind , may consider an isolation switch on the dc-dc charger to turn it off whilst winching.

The 9500 is 30kg with the 11000 only 1.4kg heavier.

Current draw is also not that dissimilar as per the spec sheets.

They've recommended a 750cc battery for both. So no additional requirements here. Regardless of choice.

Sizing is also identical.

Here's the info I've been sent. For only $74 bucks more, the 11xp seems to be the winner.

Let me know if I'm missing anything

ARB and Runva, both say a offset Hawse fairlead is required and both can supply for around 100 bucks.

I've seen them as low as 40 and was wondering if there is anything specific about them or should I spend the 100bucks whilst I'm at it?

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

cheers Brett
    Attached Files
  • Pajshomoneroguntero
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Sydney

Have you looked at the Sherpa winches? You’ve mentioned weight and at 23kg the Sherpa is the lightest. All the specs are on the website too.
    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• NJV6
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2010
      • New Zealand

Have you considered the ewx 9500-Q? They are an impressive winch for speed and power.
      1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
      1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
      2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

I,ve always used Warn winches in the past. Now if I was to buy a winch I wouldnt get another Warn. Found that there are a hell of a lot of winches out there that can do the same job just as well at a 1/4 of the price. I,d choose a Runva winch after seeing good reviews from various forums and sites. Keep it as light as possible. I,d reckon 90+% of winches hardly get used and I know from experience my winches were used mainly for pulling others out of tricky situations. Thats why I dont have one now.
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• denmonkey
          • Oct 2017
          • Newcastle NSW

Hey Pajsh, I hadn't looked too hard at them but have been doing some checking since your post.
          They look pretty bloody good. Prices are starting to get up there though. For the price of the 9500 I can get the 11xp premium from Runva with full IP67 rating.
          Amp rating is up there and they don't come with a wireless remote in the price.
          Although I have seen the under water test from Sherpa. Keeping my eye open on these for now. Not a massive amount of info on them though.
          I like that they're Australian.

NJV6, I do like the look of them for how quick they are but theyre more a comp winch and pull 600amps. Not something I want hooked up to a single battery.
          I'm more than happy to take my time in a winching situation.

Agree with everything you say Dicko.
          if they weren't so closely priced, I'd get the 9500 without a second thought.
          Under the same loads on average its 23amp per lb of pull vs 24 for the 11xp.
          Size wise theyre the same.
          For the extra 70 bucks and 1.4kg, and with the Paj weighed down by batteries, full bash plates, sliders, fridge etc etc, I reckon I'm getting in the vicinity of 4T.
          A bit of extra grunt could be worth it.

Regardless of which I buy, it wont be getting used much anyway.
          Last edited by denmonkey; 10-04-18, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• 2bad4u
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2009
            • Perth, Western Australia

Hey Brett

How have you found the 11XP? I watched your video from when you got it, but wondering if you have used it in anger yet.

I'm looking at one currently but have some concerns about rating/weight. The 11XP would be up to the task of pulling out the Pajero but I need something that would also be able to pull out the car and caravan if needed. Total weight is around 5500kg which obviously exceeds the 11XP's capacity so a double or even triple line pull would be required.

I don't intend on doing anything serious with the caravan that would require the need for a winch more of a "just in case" scenario. Mainly things like beach camps where the potential exists to get stuck.

Any feedback appreciated.
            Warren
            2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
            2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X