Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 06-07-11

Default help - ARB battery tray + Engine bay installed compressor

Hi Guys,

I'm in a bit of a pickle and would like to draw upon your expertise for some advice.

I'm looking at getting the ARB compressor installed into the engine bay (will get lockers later)

ARB have said that it will go in the top right corner of the engine bay (where there is heaps of room)

If that happens, am I limited to buying the ARB dual battery tray when I decide to go down that path?
I was told by ARB that their battery tray replaces the OEM tray and just sticks straight out? Is this true?
- They also told me that they would be moving the fuel filter to the left a bit to accommodate the 2nd battery. Is this true?

Has anyone had the compressor installed in the engine bay and have a dual battery setup installed?
- if so, can you take a pic of the setup (dual batt + compressor)
- what brand of battery tray did you buy?

Sorry for all the questions, but I need to know soon as the car is booked in next Tuesday to get the snorkel looked at and the compressor installed into the engine bay.

I hope all this made sense? If not let me know and I'll try to explain better.

Over to you guys.

Pajero RX 2011 3.2 DiD Auto, Warm White, 265/65/18 BFG AT's, Bushskinz Intercooler - sump - transmission - transfer case & Rear bumper guard & sliders, Neoprene seat covers, Factory Towbar, GME 3540 UHF, Rhino Sportz racks, ARB awning, Safari snorkel, Rhino steel platform, Black Widow drawers, Dual Battery, ARB fridge, ARB rear locker, ARB Deluxe bar, Warn Winch, OME Suspension

Wants:
more time off to go 4wd'ing and camping

Last edited by mil098; 06-07-11 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-07-11

ARB Dual Battery tray does replace the original, it sits on the left in the original postion. not sure if they moved the filter or not looks like the original spot, dont have the onboard compress so cant comment

Don't have pic at the moment, but sure someone else will

The other tray option is the Piranha one, it goes crossway against firewall behind crank battery (left corner) also holds bigger battery the the ARB one.

"LOVE'N THAT CAR"

Last edited by bushman; 06-07-11 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-07-11

Thanks bushman, would be able to say if there is a bit of room around the top left corner for a compressor?

Pajero RX 2011 3.2 DiD Auto, Warm White, 265/65/18 BFG AT's, Bushskinz Intercooler - sump - transmission - transfer case & Rear bumper guard & sliders, Neoprene seat covers, Factory Towbar, GME 3540 UHF, Rhino Sportz racks, ARB awning, Safari snorkel, Rhino steel platform, Black Widow drawers, Dual Battery, ARB fridge, ARB rear locker, ARB Deluxe bar, Warn Winch, OME Suspension

Wants:
Old 06-07-11
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushman View Post
ARB Dual Battery tray does replace the original, it sits on the left in the original postion. not sure if they moved the filter or not looks like the original spot, dont have the onboard compress so cant comment
The battery tray includes a new bracket to move the fuel filter a little. It looks stock so you wouldn't pick it if you didn't know.

As for fitting the compressor as well as the dual battery, it can be done but I wouldn't say there's a lot of room. I'd be interested to see how they do it. I made my own bracket to sit the compressor partially under the second battery.

Not the best pic but the only one I have:

Old 06-07-11
Valued Member

Yes if you imagine the ARB tray goes straight back in line with the existing battery, so there is a gap left over. Search for JKohn's thread, his Paj has the setup.

Install instructions say that yep the fuel filter needs to be moved, no biggie, they provide a bracket specially for it.

It is a bit squeezy in there though. I am undecided if I want to fit a compressor there or not.
2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.
Old 06-07-11

thanks bushman, I really appreciate the time you took to get me the info and photo.

anyone else with their own setups? or advice?

edit:

Sorry apsilon, in my hurry to reply, I thought bushman posted the photo

Wants:

Last edited by mil098; 06-07-11 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-07-11

will check out jKohn's thread, thanks Dion

Wants:
Old 06-07-11
Valued Member

Here's the link:
http://140.99.20.180/forum/showthread.php?t=9971
2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.
Old 06-07-11
Valued Member

Actually just looking at the ARB compressor range:
http://www.arb.com.au/products/arb-air-compressors/

I wonder if the high output one, being a bit flatter, but wider, might be able to fitted vertically to the side of the dual battery tray, rather than sitting on the floor 'under' the tray (so to speak)?
Old 06-07-11

Yeah the new twin compressor looks great, unfortunately it's priced great too. I remember the ARB guys telling me $800 or so.

I'm just getting the normal one CKMA12, thanks again for KJohn's thread, looks like a tight fit.

How do you find the ARB tray? One of the criticism of the ARB tray was it could only fit a smaller size battery compared to other trays. Has this affected you? What are you running? Fridge, etc?

Wants: