Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Raiser false boot floor

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has had a raised false floor folded up out of Alu. Or steel to allow access to 7 seat well, whilst still using a drawer system?
False floor bolts down to car, drawer system bolts to false floor......
Cheers👍
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nxsr View Post
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had a raised false floor folded up out of Alu. Or steel to allow access to 7 seat well, whilst still using a drawer system?

False floor bolts down to car, drawer system bolts to false floor......

Cheers

Hi NXsr - I have a Gen 3, NP.

I removed the 3rd row seats, & installed a set of those Titan drawers from 4wd SupaCentre. I reckon theyíre pretty good value for money.

I wanted to get the side wings up & over the wheel arches, so I used a few strips of pine (canít remember if 70 or 90mm), and basically used them as Ďpackersí to sit on each side to lift the whole setup.

The main drawer frame is still bolted down to the chassis at the front (behind 2nd row seat), & with stainless stirrups & Ďtwisty tensionerí things at the back to hold it still.

The drawer system includes a fridge-slide, when when open gives clear open access to the storage well from above, plus I can access from the rear easily. It helps also with the volume of storage underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Pajjy

Thanks for posting your idea of raising the Titan drawers.

Can you post a few pictures whe you have time

Hill
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill View Post
Pajjy

Thanks for posting your idea of raising the Titan drawers.

Can you post a few pictures whe you have time

Hill

No probs. Will do

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanks for reply, Iím keen to see pics also.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Raiser false boot floor

Here’s a few pics. Don’t mind the cargo - have spent the weekend on the south coast, via McLaren Vale wine region.

I still need to trim a couple of the side panels to match perfectly, but that’s easy stuff.

I can take some more detailed ones later if you like (from underneath etc). Let me know if you need more. Cheers

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Looks great. How do you access the items in the seat well? Do you have a false bottom in the drawers?
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
Looks great. How do you access the items in the seat well? Do you have a false bottom in the drawers?

Hi Mikel. I can actually access most things from the rear of the Paj actually. Down there is spare belts, tyres repair kit, the usual factory jack & bar (thatís probably the most awkward thing to get in & out, but still easy enough), 2 side walls for awning, butane gas stove in a box. The largest thing is a recovery kit in a bag (I get it out if getting into hairy terrain), but otherwise I can access directly under the fridge slide. The Titan drawers are all based on a frame, but with no floor, so once the fridge slide is open I can get in easy via left hand passenger door, & fold up the seat.

We did a big road trip in June (Adelaide to Cairns then down the east coast). I removed the second row seats & we had stacks of room - putting heavy stuff right in the middle of the vehicle. Cheers

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanks for the explanation, and sounds like a very convenient setup. I have a full cargo barrier which stuffs that up a bit.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
Thanks for the explanation, and sounds like a very convenient setup. I have a full cargo barrier which stuffs that up a bit.

No probs - I just do it that way, because thatís easiest without a cargo barrier, but even with one in place, & the fridge slide out, you could get access all the way down - itíd just be a little more awkward. Be very easy without a fridge strapped in place. From the rear I can still fit a butane stove through the gap, inside its case.

Another way is simply to remove a drawer (I havenít installed the drawer stoppers just yet) - they come out like a kitchen drawer - then you can place things through the gap and down underneath. Easy.