Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 28-10-17

Default speed sensor input on MMCS

Hi all, thought there was some posts about this but can't seem to find them now.
I like many would like the passenger to be able to to edit the GPS on the MMCS while driving, and I can see the wiring showing the speed sensor input to the radio from plug D-37 pin 15. Who has added a switch to this input to disable this "safety" function. Has anybody worked out what the signal is, e.g. 1 Volt equals 10Km/h? I fitted an after market blind spot system, but if I'm sitting at the lights e.g. and there's a car next to me it beeps constantly, so I want to use this signal so I can disable the beeper below 20Km/h.
Cheers.
jditek, MY14 VRX 3.2 DiD.
Old 31-10-17

The MMCS doesn't just rely on the speed sensor wire. Even if you disable it, it still picks up the speed from the GPS. The only option is an override kit. I ordered mine from beatsonic japan. Its a quality unit and totally plug n play!

Heres the info if you want:
http://www.world-beatsonic.com/tv_na...vk-mitsubishi/

You need the item ID ND6724EP.

Can you share the details of the blind spot assist system you have? I would just get rid of the beeper and only use the lights.
Old 31-10-17

Thanks for that, I noticed the model in the link is for aussie pajero 2009 to 2012, is yours a 2014 NW that you fitted the unit to?

I agree the easiest way to eliminate the beeping is to unplug it, I'd still prefer to have it as I believe it would be good to also hear a warning when there is lots of road noise.
The unit is one I bought from Dig Options. can't recall a model,
Old 07-11-17

Thanks for the override kit details. Contacted Hendrik at Beat Sonic, really helpful. Unit arrived in no time via DHL to the door. 20 mins to fit, (including coffee and googling how to pull the fascia off).

Really appreciate the post. Very helpful
Old 08-11-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jditek View Post
Thanks for that, I noticed the model in the link is for aussie pajero 2009 to 2012, is yours a 2014 NW that you fitted the unit to?

I agree the easiest way to eliminate the beeping is to unplug it, I'd still prefer to have it as I believe it would be good to also hear a warning when there is lots of road noise.
The unit is one I bought from Dig Options. can't recall a model,
mine is a 2007 NS Exceed
Old 09-11-17

How much does it cost?
2012 NW Pajero Activ | Bridgestone Dueler D697F2 LT265/65/17 | Old Man Emu Suspension with 2" Raise | Airbag Man Air Bags | Safari Snorkel | Bushskinz Front & Sump Guards | Dual Battery | Redarc Battery Isolator | MM Alloy Bullbar | Rhino Roof Racks | GME TX3340 | Spare Wheel Lift Kit | Redarc TowPro Elite | SPVi EGR delete | OBDLink MX + Torque Pro |
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugga View Post
Thanks for the override kit details. Contacted Hendrik at Beat Sonic, really helpful. Unit arrived in no time via DHL to the door. 20 mins to fit, (including coffee and googling how to pull the fascia off).

Really appreciate the post. Very helpful
Jared01, can you say what the unit cost?
Old 1 Week Ago

mine cost $126 including freight and after the exchange rate. In Yen the cost was $18m or something odd like that.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugga View Post
mine cost $126 including freight and after the exchange rate. In Yen the cost was $18m or something odd like that.
Spoke to hendrik, he asked for photos of the rear of the unit, which I sent, he said they can't guarantee their override kit will work on the Aus NW.
Old 1 Week Ago

$126 is a small risk to take when compared to a Gorilla ($1000) to change out the whole stereo.

Mine's a late 2011 NT RX. Override works as per the promise on the box. Couldn't be happier with it. was so happy in fact I took the time to read the book of words and figure out the sat nav.

Just beware the override switch has some of the best double sided stickiness on the planet. Thought I'd just touch it to the panel to check the look. Lucky I got it square. Sticks like the proverbial to a blanket.