Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 12-10-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by signo1985 View Post
I am also excluding the vrx because of the 18inch alloy wheels.
Without wanting to confuse things further, I’d suggest that you leave the VRX on the possibles list. Tyres are improving all the time and the simple fact of 18 inch wheels shouldn’t cause you too much of a problem if you find a good VRX at the right price.

These days the biggest issue with going up to 18 inch wheels is that the tyres will cost a few bucks more, but as this is the direction all vehicles seem to be moving in, the market will soon enough catch up.

You get a bit more fruit with the VRX as well.
Old 13-10-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieintas View Post
As you can see models and spec also depend on year models mate.

NW came out in 2011 through to 2014 originally with GL, GLX, GLS, VRX and Exceed. The Platinum came out 2011 and Platinum 2 in 2012 with rear air as standard and rear diff lock option.

In 2013 they changed the model line dropping GL and GLS but keeping VRX and Exceed. GLX became base model and GLX-R replaced GLS. 2013 models have rear diff lock as standard but have a look at the brouchures above for further details. Link to this revamp on model line up below.

https://www.motoring.com.au/mitsubis...-pajero-33986/

2015 brought the NX model with spec levels GLX, GLS and Exceed. All NX have 18" wheels as standard for info.

As you said on what you want in the car......rear air, diff lock, no 18" wheels and budget of $30000.

Looking at Carsales i'd be looking at a 2013/14 GLX-R. Quite a few on there between $25000 upto $41000 depending on kms, extras etc. Theres a couple of Platinums in your price range with a couple having the optional read diff lock fitted too.

Just my thoughts mate but based on your wants.
Cheers mate you have been brilliant I couldnt find these brouchures otherwise i could have answered my one questions.
For what I can see, which is what you basically said, best all-around model considering the price is the glx-r my13 or my14.
I get rear aircon, rear diff lock, 7 seats (which i wouldnt use daily but when relatives come to visit us from Eu will come in handy).
Gls has more or less same fruit but the diff lock...could be an alterantive.
Otherwise platinums or vrx a step up from glx-r...but so it's the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcDermott View Post
Without wanting to confuse things further, I’d suggest that you leave the VRX on the possibles list. Tyres are improving all the time and the simple fact of 18 inch wheels shouldn’t cause you too much of a problem if you find a good VRX at the right price.

These days the biggest issue with going up to 18 inch wheels is that the tyres will cost a few bucks more, but as this is the direction all vehicles seem to be moving in, the market will soon enough catch up.

You get a bit more fruit with the VRX as well.
Yeah I know what you mean...I'll see when the time comes...as you said was mainly tyres cost related.

Thank you very much guys....now i have a clearer picture
Can't wait to get one next year