Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 19-09-17

Default First 4wd.....first pajero?

Hi guys,
i am new to the forum so please be nice lol.

I am looking at buying my first 4wd and the only car left on the list is....the pajero of course.
I was looking at prados as well but they just to expensive and for the same price I can get a way younger paj!
So here I am!
Budget is 30k and max 150k km, even if the cheaper the better of course.
The use will be (besides drivin to work shopping kids to school etc) beach driving and some off road but nothing hard core....i come from europe and i just wanna explore this beautiful country and being able to do it with my family but i am not into extreme 4wding

This leads to 2 main questions.
1- NW or NX?
I know that NX atm cost more than 30k, but few 2014 and 2015 models are available in the low 30k mark...so is worth the extra effort or besides few ahestetical changes are they exactly the same?
Another improtant thing to consider is I won't be able to buy it this year since our first bub just arrived in the family and dont' really know what to expect with the extra expenses plus my wife is on leave, so maybe middle next year the nx will start to come down a bit more?

2- If youse reckon the nx has nothing more than the nw, well then which nw model?
A must is rear aircon. Then every model seems to have rear camera (which is another must), and the diff lock would be cool too, but this can be isntalled after market as well so...

There are so many different ones, glx,activ, gls, glxr platinum and platinum II, vrx....too much confusion. The only one i can exclude is the activ beause of the nudge bar, but thats about it.
I had a look online but even on the mitsi website theres nothing about the nw anymore now is just nx (which is so much easier, 3 models and full stop).
I also "lurked" a lat in the past months but this has only got me more confused.

could anyone shed some light on all of these different models and help me out?

Thanks guys!
Really looking forward to joining you off the beaten track soon!!
Old 19-09-17

Nw vrx (my14) std rear diff lock rear aircon and 7" screen with reverse camera. Or nx gls would be my pick

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 19-09-17
Valued Member

Welcome mate.
My 2012 NW GLS came with rear air con, reverse camera, rear parking sensors. It had no rear diff lock and no heated seats. I think some GLS owners do have the diff lock though so maybe it was an option? Also the GLS has the standard audio system as opposed to the touch screen MMCS which from what I have read is crap.
I know what you mean though, the NW range is ridiculous. So many variants with so many options etc. My advice would be look at cars for sale above the active spec and just
Good luck

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear shelf with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, tigerz awning 2.5 x 2.0m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.
Old 19-09-17

Hi Signo

My 2013 NW GLX-R (MY14 I think) has rear aircon, reversing camera in the rear view mirror and rear diff lock as standard. Also non-MMCS audio.

Matt
Old 20-09-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt73nw View Post
Hi Signo

My 2013 NW GLX-R (MY14 I think) has rear aircon, reversing camera in the rear view mirror and rear diff lock as standard. Also non-MMCS audio.

Matt

My 2012 (MY13) NW GLX-R Pajero has the same gear. Plus mudflaps and side steps aswell -excellent value in my opinion.
Old 29-09-17

First of all thanks for your reply, and sorry if it took me so long to "come back" but i have been painting the whole living and dining area lol

Ok so i'd say the picture is a bit clearer now.
From the list of the nw models I will esclude the active beacuse of the bar as said before, the gl (too basic) and the exceed (too expensive).
I am also excluding the vrx because of the 18inch alloy wheels.

We have left glx, glxr, gls, and platinum.
Glx and glxr are the same apart from the rear diff lock, i can't really find info on the glx in regards to rear aircon...does it have it or not?
If not...it means another one down.

So gls and glx-r. Now main differences....again the rear diff lock....what else?
I know (can see) that the gls has chrome side mirrors and chrome front grill (which i like a lot), but i cant really buy a car depending whether the the bar is black or chrome.
Am i missing anything else?

In all this....where the heck does the platinum sit????
Old 29-09-17
Valued Member

Link below to 2011 NW brochure.....if it doesn't work just google pajero NW brouchure mate.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...WiCpm8ANzDq4wg

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 29-09-17
Valued Member

Unhappy

Link to NW Platinum below. Based on GLX with a few goodiess.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au...atinum-returns

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
Old 29-09-17
Valued Member

Link to 2013 NW brouchure.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...lTSyBTSVr_8Oxg

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
Old 29-09-17
Valued Member

As you can see models and spec also depend on year models mate.

NW came out in 2011 through to 2014 originally with GL, GLX, GLS, VRX and Exceed. The Platinum came out 2011 and Platinum 2 in 2012 with rear air as standard and rear diff lock option.

In 2013 they changed the model line dropping GL and GLS but keeping VRX and Exceed. GLX became base model and GLX-R replaced GLS. 2013 models have rear diff lock as standard but have a look at the brouchures above for further details. Link to this revamp on model line up below.

https://www.motoring.com.au/mitsubis...-pajero-33986/

2015 brought the NX model with spec levels GLX, GLS and Exceed. All NX have 18" wheels as standard for info.

As you said on what you want in the car......rear air, diff lock, no 18" wheels and budget of $30000.

Looking at Carsales i'd be looking at a 2013/14 GLX-R. Quite a few on there between $25000 upto $41000 depending on kms, extras etc. Theres a couple of Platinums in your price range with a couple having the optional read diff lock fitted too.

Just my thoughts mate but based on your wants.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto

Last edited by aussieintas; 29-09-17 at 07:53 AM.