Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 05-09-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by starjunk View Post
Lmao... Yes, when my NS started doing it, it was 270,000kms old. Replaced all the injectors and lines, and all sweet now.
Mines only got 121,000km...Bugger
Old 05-09-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalma01 View Post
Mines only got 121,000km...Bugger
That dos sound very young to be failed injector... Not an old man problem at all!
Middle age crisis more likely....
'08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!
Old 05-09-17

Quote:
That dos sound very young to be failed injector... Not an old man problem at all!
Middle age crisis more likely....
Hope it doesn't go into Limp mode
Old 05-09-17

Default bit further

Taking this a bit further, one would assume that regardless of temp, a leaky injector would leak...that to me points more squarely back at the glow plugs...iirc they use ambient temp (not sure if air inlet temp or outside temp sensor...most likely former) and change the amount of current for the glow plugs to ramp up.

If you know the temp that it definitely does smoke, then try doing 4 key ignition on and off again without starting, waiting 5-10 secs between turning off and back on again..then try starting it and see if the smoke happens....if it does, it's definitely the glow plugs not working properly...either a) they are broken damaged or b) the glow plug relay is kaput or c) 80amp fusible relay on the +ve battery lead may have blown.

If it doesn't, then there will be an issue with battery voltage not being able to push the required current to the glow plugs and the battery or battery terminal/+ve lead will be the issue.

May be wrong on all of this...but may help narrow it down.

NOW - 2016 MQ Triton Exceed - All the TJM fruit re barwork and suspension, TJM canopy, twin diff locks OEM rear and Harrop front, breathers, rhinorack, eco foxwing
Old 05-09-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawty950 View Post
Taking this a bit further, one would assume that regardless of temp, a leaky injector would leak...that to me points more squarely back at the glow plugs...iirc they use ambient temp (not sure if air inlet temp or outside temp sensor...most likely former) and change the amount of current for the glow plugs to ramp up.

If you know the temp that it definitely does smoke, then try doing 4 key ignition on and off again without starting, waiting 5-10 secs between turning off and back on again..then try starting it and see if the smoke happens....if it does, it's definitely the glow plugs not working properly...either a) they are broken damaged or b) the glow plug relay is kaput or c) 80amp fusible relay on the +ve battery lead may have blown.

If it doesn't, then there will be an issue with battery voltage not being able to push the required current to the glow plugs and the battery or battery terminal/+ve lead will be the issue.

Your logic is sound, however I think the other aspect of white smoke on cold start, is that with the engine off, the leaky injector will dribble diesel into the cylinder, causing hard starting and white smoke (unburnt diesel) for a while. Once running, the extra dribbles are relatively insignificant compared to what's going in through the normal injector on cycle. The jury is out. Definitely worth totally eliminating glowplug issues before tackling the injectors, as this will be an expensive job.
Old 05-09-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawty950 View Post

I actually triple glow pugged at start up this morning...And same rough idle and white plume
Old 05-09-17

Hey Dalma, did you check what i posted earlier on this??
NW 3.2 Diesel Auto Platinum, Cool Silver, Redarc Remote Head Electric Brake Controller, Mitsi towbar, GME 3400 UHF, full window tint, home made rear drawers, bushskinz intercooler guard, custom alloy sump and trans sump guards, rhino racks, arb awning, UltraGauge, Lovells HD coils and Bilsteins, BFG KO2's
Old 06-09-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
Hey Dalma, did you check what i posted earlier on this??
Yes I checked the connectors as well.
Old 08-09-17

Quote:
Lmao... Yes, when my NS started doing it, it was 270,000kms old. Replaced all the injectors and lines, and all sweet now.

what did that cost .. (by mechanic ??)

Cheers
Old 08-09-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi horan View Post
what did that cost .. (by mechanic ??)

Cheers
Hmmm.... I left well over $3k with the mechanic, which included 2 2nd hand tyres and a wheel alignment too... I can look it up tomorrow if you like but it certainly wasn't cheap as I got the lines done as well. Only supposed to reuse them 6times apparently.