• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LS Challenger
    • May 2010
    • Newman

Poly Fuel Tank

Have just picked up my new NX GLX in Deep Bronze. Change over from PA LS Challenger, first mod wanting to do is fit a long range fuel tank. Has anyone removed the third row seats and fitted a poly tank this area. Thanks
  • SWF
    • Feb 2015
    • Mandurah, Western Australia

I had a 60L Long Ranger tank fitted underneath because I use my third row too often. I thought that I would get a poly tank made for water when the kids grow up.
    NX GLX Manual, Safari Snorkel, Redarc BCDC Charger and Dual Battery System, Long Ranger Auxiliary Tank, Coupletec, Rhino Roof Bars

Comment

• Mundy55
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2015
      • Gold Coast

I installed the ARB replacement (128L) poly tank with which I am very happy. It sits a little lower than the original tank but not lower than the muffler or the cross brace in front of the tank.

Comment

• geopaj
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Adelaide

I have a custom made aluminium diesel tank fitted into the rear seat well (make by the Paj’s previous owner who had an engineering workshop). It has a usable capacity of 80Ltrs. It uses a 'standard/commercial' dual filler from Brown Davies (or maybe LRA? - I forget) and a solid state fuel pump to transfer fuel into the main tank.

Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• IsaRodeo
          • Nov 2014
          • Gladstone CQ

Originally posted by Mundy55 View Post
          I installed the ARB replacement (128L) poly tank with which I am very happy. It sits a little lower than the original tank but not lower than the muffler or the cross brace in front of the tank.
          Sorry to Hijack this thread but do you have any pics and price you paid, Cheers
          Cheers Glen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY16 NX Graphite GLX, ARB Deluxe Bar, MM Towbar, REDARC Towpro Elite, Spare Wheel Lift, Full MSA Canvas, Sandgrabbas, Provent 200, HD Lovells and Bilstiens, Hema HN7, Scanguage Poly Airs, MM 4x4 Lockup Mate, Icom 450, RFI 6.6 & 3db, Traxide DB90 DBS, Drifta Custom Drawers, Stedi ST3303

Comment

• Mundy55
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2015
            • Gold Coast

Originally posted by IsaRodeo View Post
            Sorry to Hijack this thread but do you have any pics and price you paid, Cheers
            I am away at the moment and can't quite remember the final price. I will get back to you next week with photos and price. From memory it was about $1700 or so (there's another thread here somewhere with the details, too)

Comment

• Mundy55
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2015
              • Gold Coast

Sorry for the delay in replying IsaRodeo, photos attached.

In the first photo, the tank definitely looks lower than the old tank. Its by about 25mm. This arguably affects your ramp over angle, however from the second, you can see the tank is no lower than the cross brace and you can just see the tip of the muffler in the centre left of picture which also is as low as the tank, arguably meaning ramp over is no worse.
              Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X