Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 07-06-17

Thanks for all of the feedback.

I have not sprayed the airbags with any lube but will look at that.

After ready the comments, I think it may be related to the door.

I will try a few things and report back as it always may help another person if they have the same issue.
Old 21-06-17

I towed a 2.6ton boat from Adelaide to Perth - experienced the creaking noise from the towbar assembly - systematically lobed one thing at a time per day and found the hitch was the culprit. Replaced the anti rattle bolt with a Grade 8 bolt and Nut - Almost fixed - I also think possibly due to the mono chassis style there is flex in there more than a ladder type chassis. I just turned the tunes up - fixed
Old 21-06-17

While caravaning over the last few weeks, I also, noticed a creak/groan from the rear of the vehicle.
Tried the anti rattle locking nut, tight/ not tight (The the jury is still out)
On my return home I checked the tow bar and tightened the nuts. All were fine except one tucked right up high behind the exhaust pipe. Difficult to get a spanner to however finally did and managed to tighten nearly half a turn. It may be early day, but on a short trip with the van to adelaide and back, 300Km round trip, NO CREAKING and this on the road the RAA rated second worst in South Australia, so a good testing ground for the van with plenty of rocking and rolling.

So check all nuts and bolts
Cheers
Terry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170621_123320.jpg (188.1 KB, 72 views)
ALSO NT 30th Anniversary Model 3.2 DID Auto.(Accessory list needs to start again). Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 Tyres, ARB old man emu 50mm Suspension lift, SPV module and Catch Can,Bushskinz plates, King Brown 3" Exhaust turbo back
Old 21-06-17

Again thanks for all the feedback and I will post when I resolve the issue.

I will be towing again in about 2 weeks.

Having a look on the back of the car when I open the door, I can see the door lock/latch then below that a rubber piece almost in the shape of the letter D that a metal piece on the door covers over when closed. As shown below in the picture

I suspect the door is rubbing on the rubber which I have now sprayed with silicon spray and hope to see if it has resolved the issue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (5.4 KB, 60 views)
2012 NW Pajero Activ | Bridgestone Dueler D697F2 LT265/65/17 | Old Man Emu Suspension with 2" Raise | Airbag Man Air Bags | Safari Snorkel | Bushskinz Front & Sump Guards | Dual Battery | Redarc Battery Isolator | MM Alloy Bullbar | Rhino Roof Racks | GME TX3340 | Spare Wheel Lift Kit | Redarc TowPro Elite | SPVi EGR delete | OBDLink MX + Torque Pro |
Old 21-06-17
Valued Member

I have the same problem with the d shaped rubber causing creaking issues. Previous posts on the forum show some people have cut small pieces of marine carpet and glued to rubber. I tried this but didn't last too long as the carpet moved. Have tried rubber grease but again only lasts a short time, around 1 week before i have to reapply..

Well known issue on a pajero bud.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 11-07-17

Smile squark

Just wondered if anyone has checked there shock absorbers ?
If you have the ARB ones with the plastic shields they squark when they are dusty as the cover slides down the tube !
Regards.
Old 11-07-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieintas View Post
I have the same problem with the d shaped rubber causing creaking issues. Previous posts on the forum show some people have cut small pieces of marine carpet and glued to rubber. I tried this but didn't last too long as the carpet moved. Have tried rubber grease but again only lasts a short time, around 1 week before i have to reapply..

Well known issue on a pajero bud.
Aussieintas

I used two pieces of Velcro with the sticky backing (the side with the loops), and attached them to the rubber D-block. Have not had to change them yet and they have really reduced the vertical movement of the door and the noise.Cheap as Bu**ery to cut and fit.

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.
Old 14-07-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUGGA View Post
+1
Had the same noise in our Pajero, tightened up the towbar to chassis bolts the hard to get at one near the exhaust pipe took more than the others. Noise is gone now
Old 16-07-17

x2
NW 3.2 Diesel Auto Platinum, Cool Silver, Redarc Remote Head Electric Brake Controller, Mitsi towbar, GME 3400 UHF, full window tint, home made rear drawers, bushskinz intercooler guard, custom alloy sump and trans sump guards, rhino racks, arb awning, UltraGauge, Lovells HD coils and Bilsteins, BFG KO2's
Old 17-07-17
Valued Member

Thanks Rory........i'll give that a go

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit