• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 98NL GL
    • Oct 2011
    • Cairns

Gq Coils

Hi Guys,

I have a set of old GQ coil to go on the IMPORT SWB NG. Do I need specific shockies to go with the GQ coils or will the standard shockies currently on it do just fine.

Cheers,
    XSWAT 1998 NL GL, 3.5L MANUAL, 2" OME 50 mm Lift, MAXXIS 751 33X12.5R15 on CSA N26 RIMS with -11 OFFSET, UNIDEN UHF, NARVA 175 SPOTTIES, AIRCON & RADIO/CD,......CONVERTED to SEVEN SEATER, Manual Hubs (ex tritton)
    1990 NG SWB 2.5 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, 33s, LIGHT BAR, GEN 2 IDLER & PITMAN ARMS. PLANS - Dual Battery.
    1999 NL SWB 2.8 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, INVECS TIPTRONIC AUTOMATIC GEARBOX, ARB BULLBAR, DUAL BATTERY, SPOTTIES, ROOF RACK.
    2016 MY16 PAJERO GLX AUTO DID GRAPHITE COLOR STOCK
  • big mik
    • Feb 2012
    • Adelaide

Hi lux shockers for the extra travel
    1988 NF V6 superwagon, 2 Inch suspension lift, 31 inch AT's, AM & UHF radio, twin HID 7inch driving lights, 20 inch LED light bar, Reese rear tow bar, Ally bull bar, Tigerz 11 Roof cage and awning complete with LED's and remote dimmer, LED side marker lights on the sills, 2 rear 10w LED work lights, Rear view camera. Bluetooth radio for hands free phone. 1200Lbs winch

Comment

• 98NL GL
      • Oct 2011
      • Cairns

Thanks. Is that for both front and rear?.

cheers,
      XSWAT 1998 NL GL, 3.5L MANUAL, 2" OME 50 mm Lift, MAXXIS 751 33X12.5R15 on CSA N26 RIMS with -11 OFFSET, UNIDEN UHF, NARVA 175 SPOTTIES, AIRCON & RADIO/CD,......CONVERTED to SEVEN SEATER, Manual Hubs (ex tritton)
      1990 NG SWB 2.5 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, 33s, LIGHT BAR, GEN 2 IDLER & PITMAN ARMS. PLANS - Dual Battery.
      1999 NL SWB 2.8 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, INVECS TIPTRONIC AUTOMATIC GEARBOX, ARB BULLBAR, DUAL BATTERY, SPOTTIES, ROOF RACK.

Comment

• big mik
        • Feb 2012
        • Adelaide

rear, front on mine are torsion bars, and thats how you get the height
        1988 NF V6 superwagon, 2 Inch suspension lift, 31 inch AT's, AM & UHF radio, twin HID 7inch driving lights, 20 inch LED light bar, Reese rear tow bar, Ally bull bar, Tigerz 11 Roof cage and awning complete with LED's and remote dimmer, LED side marker lights on the sills, 2 rear 10w LED work lights, Rear view camera. Bluetooth radio for hands free phone. 1200Lbs winch

Comment

• 98NL GL
          • Oct 2011
          • Cairns

Found some cheap GQ springs on the weekend. Went to get some quotes on 4runner shocks and the question of whether heavy duty or just the standard rear shock is required came up. So which one is it?.

Comment

• big mik
            • Feb 2012
            • Adelaide

Depends what you have in the back I guess, but I would go heavy duty to stop the springs bouncing so much, especially if you do carry a lot in the back or roof

Comment

• nitram977
              • Mar 2008
              • Wollongong.NSW

Hilux rear shock in NG Coil LWB for extra travel

Hi There,

Interested in your post about the GQ rear coils and hilux rear shocks for extra travel. If I were to source a set of hilux rear shocks, what model and year should I be asking for at my local parts shop?

Regards,
              Scott.

Comment

• stumagoo
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2014
                • Perth WA S.O.R

in a shorty you will find GQ wagon shocks may go a bit too high (unless they are really sagging) GQ shorty shocks are what a mate of mine has used in his swb. also if you go longer shocks often the GQ shocks are harder giving more lift but not much longer when uncompressed so be careful you dont have too much extension in your shock and leave the spring able to drop out
                1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X