Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 29-06-16
Administrator

Default Recall June 29th 2016. NW Pajero

Product description
Various Mitsubishi models: ; NS, NT, NW & NX Pajero;

HERE

Note this thread is for NW Only & please keep to subject any threads opened will be closed.

Admin.
Old 30-06-16

Interesting. I have noticed twice in my NW my high beams haven't come on after flicking the stalk. But the high beam dash light did. Maybe related. We shall see I guess.
Old 01-08-16

Default taking car in for recall tomorrow

I am taking my 2012 NW for recall work tomorrow. I will also ask about warrantee. My car I bought second hand its an ex Mitsubishi motors vehicle. It has only done 20000ks I bought it with 15000 on the clock having just been serviced by dealer. I have only had it 8 months. None of the log books have been filled in apart from the 15000 service done by the dealer when I bought it. The car is now 4 yrs old. The log books are blank with nothing written in them apart from the one service recorded by the dealer non Mitsubishi dealer where i bought it from. Without the log books filled in when it was a mitsubishis own vehicle i have no record of when servicing was done timewise. I will see what response i get from Mitsubishi dealer when i ask some questions.
Old 01-08-16

Took car in and had the recall job done only took an hour. Asked about service costs for next scheduled service which included tappet adjustment quoted $950. Might do some shopping around see if I can get a more reasonable quote. I used to work on engines and have done a lot of tappet adjustments myself. The tappet adjustment itself would take about half an hour to do its not hard. Most of the work and additional time is removing manifold ,rocker cover and injector pipes. Shopping around you can get oil filter,air filter and fuel filter non mitsi but still approved by mitsi for about $80. Plus oil $70. Plus seals and rocker cover gasket $100 . Could do the whole job myself for around $250. Question is do I trust dealers to do the job from past experience I don't. And as far as warranty goes most warrantees aren't worth having and have found in most cases the companies do their utmost to get out of them.
Old 02-08-16
Valued Member

Looks like you know all the answers to your own questions mate
NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, towbar, spare tyre lift kit, Safari snorkel, Milford cargo barrier, "Bushskinz" and "Basha" bashplates, UHF, Air compressor, SPV EGR Mod, Rhino Pioneer platform, MM Towbar, Redarc TowPro brake controler, 2.5" lift kit by Ultimate Suspension, 265/70/17 BFG KO2 AT LT, Opposite Lock Bullbar, VRS winch, Lightforce Genesis LED driving lights.
Old 03-08-16

The mitsi dealer said even though the car has only done 20000ks its due for 4yr or 60000k service. Which includes the tappet adjustment. According to a diesel mechanic the tappet adjustment is not necessary until the motor has actually done at least 50000ks. Typical
Old 03-08-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilo View Post
The mitsi dealer said even though the car has only done 20000ks its due for 4yr or 60000k service. Which includes the tappet adjustment. According to a diesel mechanic the tappet adjustment is not necessary until the motor has actually done at least 50000ks. Typical

That would be the last time I,d be stepping onto that dealers property. No wonder they get such a bad name.
Old 03-08-16

I just rang South Side Mitsubishi where I bought my pajero & asked why I had not received my recall notice in the post & was told that if you get it serviced by Mitsubishi it will be done when it is serviced. If you don't get it done by Mitsubishi you have to ring and book it in to get done, there will not be any recall notice being sent. If you don't know about it you miss out. Mine is booked in early October. The earliest they could do it.
Old 03-08-16

I just rang South Side Mitsubishi where I bought my pajero & asked why I had not received my recall notice in the post & was told that if you get it serviced by Mitsubishi it will be done when it is serviced. If you don't get it done by Mitsubishi you have to ring and book it in to get done, there will not be any recall notice being sent. If you don't know about it you miss out. Mine is booked in early October. The earliest they could do it.
Old 03-08-16

I was at Mitsubishi on Monday for something unrelated and asked them about the recall - the service manager promptly said that the indicator stalk just needed greasing and it would take less than 5 minutes. He then said that I should wait for a letter in the mail regarding it before coming back in.

I was a little disappointed as I was right there, he had my VIN on the computer and could have had it sorted with one click and a mechanic to grease it but sent me on my way.

Sometimes I do wonder about customer service from Mitsubishi
MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | 2" Bilstein/King Spring lift | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | Worklights | GME3500 UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | factory fog lights | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift

To do; window winder mod, Custom Side Steps