• Jun 2013
    • Brisbane

Nice work
    NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• underdog
      • Jan 2015
      • Campbelltown, NSW.

Added a proper shelf, which means no more school fencing!

When the car is packed, the boot light is always blocked and I can't see a damn thing in the dark. Solved that with some led lighting.
      2011 Pajero NW GL 3.2 Auto
      Bullbar, spotlights, twin wheel carrier, snorkel, spv, uhf, 3" lift, cargo barrier, bushskinz, 285/70/17 M/T, 2.5m awning, Waeco CFX40, DIY rear storage, drawers, fridge slide & dog floor, Intervolt EBI Pro, 105ah + 65ah batteries, 65L Abber tank & 12v pump.

Comment

• stevemc181
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • Thornlie/Perth

I think the LED strips are the best invention since sliced bread! Low power use and a good amount of light, while being flexible enough to put virtually anywhere.
        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
        3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• underdog
          • Jan 2015
          • Campbelltown, NSW.

65L water tank is in and plumbed into a generic 12v water pump.

Steering wheel audio controls arrived from amayama. Downside is they are basically a dull white led and not backlit red/orange like the rest of the interior controls. Doesn't really bother me though, I'm not the fussy type.

I bought a runva 11xp on the way home from a 4wd trip on the weekend, so will hopefully get around to fitting that soon. My SPV egr mod arrived last week also and I fitted that on the same day.
          Bullbar, spotlights, twin wheel carrier, snorkel, spv, uhf, 3" lift, cargo barrier, bushskinz, 285/70/17 M/T, 2.5m awning, Waeco CFX40, DIY rear storage, drawers, fridge slide & dog floor, Intervolt EBI Pro, 105ah + 65ah batteries, 65L Abber tank & 12v pump.

Comment

• stevemc181
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • Thornlie/Perth

The water tanks are great for the desert trips and anywhere you won't be around a water source for a while. Throw one of these in line and then you simply reset it every time you fill up and you'll know exactly how many litres you have left. http://www.topargee.com.au/h2f-fm-water-tank-gauge.html
            2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• sharkcaver
              "2000"+ Valued Contributor
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Nice work there. I just had a winch delivered today as well, may need to pick somebody's brain being a winch newb.

Not putting you or the other guys down, cause I reckon the internally fitted tanks are great, but I was thinking about how much water capacity is required the other day. With 170L of fuel at my disposal and if I did say 600KM trips per day, then I would only need a water source every 3 days to top up. I could go 3 weeks on 60L. That being said, places like the simmo etc, where you can spend a week doing just 500Km's, I was wondering how much water do you use? I suppose if you are running showers and the like, then consumption could well go up??
              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• stevemc181
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2012
                • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                Nice work there. I just had a winch delivered today as well, may need to pick somebody's brain being a winch newb.

Not putting you or the other guys down, cause I reckon the internally fitted tanks are great, but I was thinking about how much water capacity is required the other day. With 170L of fuel at my disposal and if I did say 600KM trips per day, then I would only need a water source every 3 days to top up. I could go 3 weeks on 60L. That being said, places like the simmo etc, where you can spend a week doing just 500Km's, I was wondering how much water do you use? I suppose if you are running showers and the like, then consumption could well go up??

Depends how frugal you want to be and how many people you are carrying. Also on the weather and how much you drink. My missus will easily drink 2 litres a day on a cool day. I'd reckon anywhere from 5-10 litres average per day between two, allowing dishes/coffee/ etc. A shower every couple of days is nice, we allow about 6 litres between us for shower days. Not too many times you need the extra carrying capacity, but it's convenient to have for the odd extended trip. I don't fill my tank if it's just a weekender, but I do fill it for the longer trips.

Comment

• caroma
                  • May 2012
                  • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by underdog View Post
                  Steering wheel audio controls arrived from amayama. Downside is they are basically a dull white led and not backlit red/orange like the rest of the interior controls. Doesn't really bother me though, I'm not the fussy type.
                  Has me wondering. The cruise control buttons (stereo controls are on order) in my NS aren't lit up orange. Pretty sure they are white. So i wonder how MM differentiate between the two SWC parts seeing as there is apparently only one part number available
                  2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• underdog
                    • Jan 2015
                    • Campbelltown, NSW.

Took me way too long but i finally got around to replacing the factory steel wheels with the nicer alloys after scoring a bargain on gumtree. Was overdue for a new set of tyres anyway so replaced with Hankook Dynapro MT's while I was at it. Installed snake racing strut spacers in the front to recover from the sag it had developed and 80 series coil spring spacers in the rear to level it out. Much nicer ride height again. Will keep the two best tyres from the last set for the twin wheel carrier, which should hopefully be mounted in the coming weeks. Also installed some tinted weathershields and a cheap pair of LED spotlights. Feels super good to be making progress on the pajero again finally have all my mapping software sorted out on the tablet now too and have started the trip planning for what will hopefully be the return trip to Cape York later this year

Comment

• mr_bosman
                      • Oct 2014
                      • Warrnambool

Did you need to get an alignment after fitting the strut spacers ?
                      Last edited by mr_bosman; 18-01-17, 04:30 PM. Reason: Spelling
                      2012 NW Platinum Auto 3.2DiD, Colour Ironbark, with lots of other bits .......
                      http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=42467

Comment

• Jack ANT
                        • Mar 2012
                        • Shoalhaven

G'day Underdog, how do you find the new tyres. I've been curious about the Hankook muddies but just worry about the road noise as the Pajero is a bit noisy in the cabin already.

Nice set up

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

Fark me, that looks high, I can hear the CV's screamin. But it looks mint . The tyres add to the image. Nice one.
                          MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• underdog
                            • Jan 2015
                            • Campbelltown, NSW.

Originally posted by mr_bosman View Post
                            Did you need to get an alignment after fitting the strut spacers ?
                            Definitely. I did a whole bunch of work at the same time and seeing as i got new tyres at the same time it was all due for an alignment anyway.
                            Originally posted by Jack ANT View Post
                            G'day Underdog, how do you find the new tyres. I've been curious about the Hankook muddies but just worry about the road noise as the Pajero is a bit noisy in the cabin already.
                            Nice set up
                            Not my first time using hankook muddies so i already have a pretty good opinion of them. They're still the quietest mud tyres I've owned so far but mud tyres make noise so that should be expected regardless.
                            Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                            Fark me, that looks high, I can hear the CV's screamin. But it looks mint . The tyres add to the image. Nice one.
                            Yeah will be keeping an eye on them for sure.

Comment

• mr_bosman
                              • Oct 2014
                              • Warrnambool

Originally posted by underdog View Post
                              Took me way too long but i finally got around to replacing the factory steel wheels with the nicer alloys after scoring a bargain on gumtree. Was overdue for a new set of tyres anyway so replaced with Hankook Dynapro MT's while I was at it. Installed snake racing strut spacers in the front to recover from the sag it had developed and 80 series coil spring spacers in the rear to level it out. Much nicer ride height again. Will keep the two best tyres from the last set for the twin wheel carrier, which should hopefully be mounted in the coming weeks. Also installed some tinted weathershields and a cheap pair of LED spotlights. Feels super good to be making progress on the pajero again finally have all my mapping software sorted out on the tablet now too and have started the trip planning for what will hopefully be the return trip to Cape York later this year

Sent you a pm regards the coils spacers.
                              Last edited by mr_bosman; 20-01-17, 05:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
                              2012 NW Platinum Auto 3.2DiD, Colour Ironbark, with lots of other bits .......
                              http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=42467

Comment

• underdog
                                • Jan 2015
                                • Campbelltown, NSW.

Rear bar is on, and the back door plate is on order (will take a few weeks to arrive). Remounted the spare wheel 70mm higher with some custom made 5mm steel plate and high tensile bolts. Trimmed the plastic edges and remove the majority of the spare wheel garnish to fit the raised spare tyre. Just need to reinstall the towbar before I leave this arvo

Finally get to mount my spare wheel rubbish bag without blocking the number plate no more rubbish in the car!
                                Last edited by underdog; 27-01-17, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X