Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 07-09-13

Default Wheels for NW Pajero - 17"

Does anyone know how I can find out if 17" alloys from a 2012 Triton will fit my Pajero (other than putting one on the car and seeing how it looks)? I'm looking for new wheels for my camper so that the wheels from my camper will fit my new NW Pajero - save carrying a second spare.

There seem to be lots of near-new 17" alloys for sale - Prado, Mazda BT50, Patrol, etc. just no Pajero! It seems impossible to check if they will fit other than actually doing a wheel swap and look. New wheels are too expensive!
Old 07-09-13
Valued Member

I'm doing the same thing. However I am still holding out for a set of genuine Pajero steel wheels. The steelies are $200 each new from Mitsubishi.

I saw a photo on this forum of someones gen4 Pajero with Triton mags wheels. Maybe they will speak up here.

However Pajero offset is +46 and Triton is from what I have read +38.
Old 07-09-13

Send a message via Skype™ to stumaree

I bought a set of the genuine MM Pajero steel wheels for my NW and fitted a set of mudies, it makes the tyre swap easy. The steel wheel nuts are different to the alloy ones, as already mentioned $200 each. The big problem with the NW is the wheel offset from memory -46 mm to clear the front brake caliper, the spare parts guy told me the Triton ones were not the same part number although looked similar.
Old 07-09-13

As the days old proud owner of new NW Pajero, I can give you a definitive answer - no, the Triton rims will not fit.

We got a VRX model, but I really wanted 17"ers rather than the 18" standard wheels. The dealer had a Triton spare, and so tried swapping wheels from that. Apparently, the Triton rims foul the front brake calipers (I didn't see this, was just told).

Lucky for me, a GLX came in on the same delivery as mine, so they took the wheels from that instead.

Hope that helps!

a.
Old 07-09-13
Valued Member

The triton wheels are narrower than the paj
Old 07-09-13

I guess that tells me two things I needed to know - the Triton's don't fit, and it's gonna be hard to find out what will if even a dealer has to give it a crack to be sure.

Now I just need to figure out why Pajero alloys are rare on the used-rims lists. :-)

Thanks everyone.

Last edited by danm; 07-09-13 at 05:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-09-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by animal alex View Post
As the days old proud owner of new NW Pajero, I can give you a definitive answer - no, the Triton rims will not fit.

We got a VRX model, but I really wanted 17"ers rather than the 18" standard wheels. The dealer had a Triton spare, and so tried swapping wheels from that. Apparently, the Triton rims foul the front brake calipers (I didn't see this, was just told).

Lucky for me, a GLX came in on the same delivery as mine, so they took the wheels from that instead.

Hope that helps!

a.
no they do not fit the front and do hit the caliper
Old 07-09-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
Now I just need to figure out why Pajero alloys are rare on the used-rims lists. :-)
That is simple. It is because most people want to ditch their 18's and downsize to 17's!
Good luck with the hunt. Be patient, keep looking and a set will come up.
My brother (MoreliaMatt) picked up a set of 4 NT 17's only a month or so ago for a price so cheap it could almost be called theft! I don't think he is going to let his go though
Cheers, Dan.
2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!
Old 07-09-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
Does anyone know how I can find out if 17" alloys from a 2012 Triton will fit my Pajero (other than putting one on the car and seeing how it looks)? I'm looking for new wheels for my camper so that the wheels from my camper will fit my new NW Pajero - save carrying a second spare.

There seem to be lots of near-new 17" alloys for sale - Prado, Mazda BT50, Patrol, etc. just no Pajero! It seems impossible to check if they will fit other than actually doing a wheel swap and look. New wheels are too expensive!
I have a set of 17"x 7 triton alloys +38 offset
a set of genuine prado steel rims in 17"x 7.5 + 30 offset
and a set of aftermarket alloys in 17"x 8 + 20 offset

If someone was interested in coming and trying out- I'm Bayside Brisbane

Tried the triton alloys on a friends NS a few years ago- thought they fitted but with the 32" MTR would not fit on the rear carrier both for offset and diameter
Old 07-09-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpeh View Post
The triton wheels are narrower than the paj
I think Triton wheels come in both 7in and 7.5in. That is what my searching tells me but not looked at one as the gas company Tritons out here I've looked at only have 16in wheels. So they seem to come in different diameters too.