Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 21-08-16

Just recently I got a NP Pajero foot rest out of a wreck (5 bucks). Replaces my original mod out of a Magna.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg magna footrest.jpg (189.8 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg new one.jpg (185.9 KB, 136 views)
Old 07-09-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishForWhat? View Post
Meant to get around to this earlier, but I've been flat-out busy.

On the left is the slightly larger MR402163, and the right is the MR402160.

I can't speak for fitment differences as I have not had a chance to take a look at it.
Attempted to make a start this afternoon - I can see no way that the larger MR402163 would fit.

Only found three posts in this thread that mention the length of the hex coupler used - 30mm, 25mm, and 15mm.
Yet "the coupler from Bunnings" is 18mm long, which appears to be a fairly standard size for an M6 hex coupler.

Has anyone got a definite length for the coupler?
Old 07-09-16
Valued Member

The only one I could find at my Bunnings was in a pack of 4 and they are 15mm. I got some M6 threaded rod, a pack of the washers, a pack of nuts and the couplers. I put a nut and the coupler on the floor stud, the rod then extended up through the hole in the footrest. One washer under neath, another on the top of the footrest, then the second coupler used as a nut to tighten it down. I found that a lot easier using the other coupler on top rather than trying to get the socket on to a smaoll nut. Then the footrest cover went on and it's tight as it can be. Fiddly job but only 20-30 minutes including cutting the rod.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Ridepro springs & Rox Shocks, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with Toyo OPAT AT2's, Titan drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 07-09-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
The only one I could find at my Bunnings was in a pack of 4 and they are 15mm. I got some M6 threaded rod, a pack of the washers, a pack of nuts and the couplers. I put a nut and the coupler on the floor stud, the rod then extended up through the hole in the footrest. One washer under neath, another on the top of the footrest, then the second coupler used as a nut to tighten it down. I found that a lot easier using the other coupler on top rather than trying to get the socket on to a smaoll nut. Then the footrest cover went on and it's tight as it can be. Fiddly job but only 20-30 minutes including cutting the rod.
Thanks for that - do you find the footrest is fairly secure?
Old 14-03-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishForWhat? View Post
On the left is the slightly larger MR402163, and the right is the MR402160.
I'm pretty sure the MR402163 is for LHD cars where the footrest is of course mounted towards the outer wall, as it has a different angle than the transmission tunnel. It looks like the angle should fit.

I will order the MR402163 and try!

/M
Old 21-05-17
Pajero Club Life Member

Default Footrest

Spent a bit of time this morning fitting the footrest into our MY17 NX.

Ordered the footrest components directly from our local Mitsubishi dealer $46.40, ordered Tuesday (ex Sydney) picked up from dealer on Friday morning.

I followed the majority path for fitting the footrest, no real surprises other that a plastic lock fitted onto the stud, presumably to hold the foam in position that was not mentioned by any posters:

The other thing was, not wanting force the stud down to get a good fit to the floor (not wanting to risk snapping it off), there is a gap under the footrest which conveniently my rubber mat fits under nicely:

I still cannot understand why Mitsubishi would drop this footrest as it was standard on our GLX NP Pajero.
Old 21-05-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paj View Post
Spent a bit of time this morning fitting the footrest into our MY17 NX.

Ordered the footrest components directly from our local Mitsubishi dealer $46.40, ordered Tuesday (ex Sydney) picked up from dealer on Friday morning.

I followed the majority path for fitting the footrest, no real surprises other that a plastic lock fitted onto the stud, presumably to hold the foam in position that was not mentioned by any posters:

The other thing was, not wanting force the stud down to get a good fit to the floor (not wanting to risk snapping it off), there is a gap under the footrest which conveniently my rubber mat fits under nicely:

I still cannot understand why Mitsubishi would drop this footrest as it was standard on our GLX NP Pajero.
Lol, that plastic lock nut was a given hence no one mentioned it.
Old 21-05-17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paj View Post
Dollars $$$

Cost may be $10 fitted, opposed to $1 fitted - There are a lot of Pajero's around... Huge Dollars
MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | 2" Bilstein/King Spring lift | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | Worklights | GME3500 UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | factory fog lights | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift

To do; window winder mod, Custom Side Steps
Old 22-05-17
Pajero Club Life Member

Default Footrest

Yes, dollars is the only real likelihood that I can think off also. However to not even have it as an optional extra still mystifies me.
Old 02-11-17

Default Small item but big differnece.

It is now so comfortable to drive with the footrest, I also added a Japanese genuine MM cover to blend in with the pedals.