• Show
Clear All
  • apsilon
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2008
    • Hills District NSW

Couple of NSW SWB questions

G'Day all,

I finally got to look at a SWB up close the other day at the Sydney Caravan and Camping show and can now confirm that it's number 1 on my list as a replacement when my lease is up in a few months. There was no one at the stand at the time but I have a couple of initial questions that someone here might be able to answer:

1. Has anyone ever asked MM or has there been any word as to why the SWB is auto only? Any chance of manual being offered?

2. Why can you have diff lock OR sunroof? I don't see why these are mutually exclusive options.

3. Anyone know the wheel offset and PCD?

Sorry if these have already been answered. I tried searching and didn't turn anything up.

Thanks.

EDIT: Doh! That title should be NS, not NSW of course.
    MY09 NT Pajero X shortie diesel
    Mods - No longer fit in my sig so see here
  • Rich
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Canberra

Went through some of these my self before getting a SWB R diesel (cheapest combo)

. No answer on why no manual
    . The reason I was told about diff and sunroof was - they don't make that combination - lack of imagination I believe - like answer to previous combination.

What I was considering was go with the DIFF and get an after market sunroof.
    Ended up getting sunroof and no diff.

If you really want to get a diff get it now as after market extras for the SWB are very limited. Another good point is if you get the car with the diff it is then part of the 10 year drive train warranty. If by some remote chance an after market one became available you would not have that warrant for the diff.

Great cars to drive

Good luck

Comment

• Eastie
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Vic

I think ARB may already have a front locker for the NS and are soon to release a rear locker (same question as always as to whether these will fit the shorty?).
      NS oil burner shorty

Comment

• apsilon
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2008
        • Hills District NSW

R diesel is what I'm considering as well though it'll depend on what deal I can work on the X as there are a couple of little things I wouldn't mind but aren't must haves. I wouldn't go with an after market sunroof. Too many potential issues down the track IMO. Factory diff is a likely however. As Rich pointed out it's covered by warranty that way and who knows if there'll be an aftermarket option later. Sunroof is nice to have but the diff will be even nicer in the right conditions so if I have to choose, it'll be the diff.

I'll ask about the sunroof and diff combo when I start heading in to dealers but it seems so weird. Also not surprised about the lack of manual. I haven't driven an auto for at least 16 years. It'll be weird to swap, especially with my other car still manual.

Too bad there aren't more SWB options on the market. I'm single and don't need the space of the LWB so a shorty is perfect. Smaller around town but can still handle all my gear. My daily is a Forrester ATM. It's better off road than I expected it to be but it's let down by approach and departure angles and a low range that isn't low enough. I also have an upcoming need to tow more weight than the Forrie can handle legally.

Thanks for the info. Now, as long as they don't stop selling them before Sep (with my luck, anything is possible) I'm pretty sure this'll be my next vehicle.
        MY09 NT Pajero X shortie diesel
        Mods - No longer fit in my sig so see here

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X