X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kibz
    • Jul 2007
    • Melb, Victoria

Not yet Tim, I ended up making a Jerry Can holder that fits to the spare wheel and only fit it when required. Everytime I look at spare tank, I think about the effort required to remove the rear draw system to get to the bolting points, also the rear bar is almost due for replacement which would also require the draw system removal. So planning on both jobs at the same time.

All this being said I'm also debating a car up-grade.
    Cheers,
    Paul

Comment

• Goodsy
      Who ya gunna call....
      • Dec 2010
      • Hervey Bay

Originally posted by kibz View Post

All this being said I'm also debating a car up-grade.
      After all the cash you have spent!
      .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
      NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• kibz
        • Jul 2007
        • Melb, Victoria

Got up into the snow on the weekend - Sunday, Mt Matlock. Had a great day with the weather being mild but not as much snow as we were hoping for.
        Attached Files
        Cheers,
        Paul

Comment

• RUGGA
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2014
          • Adelaide

Sweet, are you glad you didn't sell the Paj yet. How are those tyres treating you. And the Intercooler. And the Lockers And....lol...
          02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• kibz
            • Jul 2007
            • Melb, Victoria

Everything is going fine, tyres have 48k on them and still performing, with about half the tread left. Still waiting for pricing on the new Ranger before making a decision on selling it.
            Cheers,
            Paul

Comment

• TC.Barky
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2011
              • Melbourne

Everything is going fine, tyres have 48k on them and still performing, with about half the tread left. Still waiting for pricing on the new Ranger before making a decision on selling it.
              Thought about waiting for the Everest rather than getting a ute?
              MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
              Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• kibz
                • Jul 2007
                • Melb, Victoria

Your are right, but the pricing has come out for the Everest starting at over 50k for the base model and topping out at 80k odd, this puts it out of my price range. I'm hoping the ute will be at a better price point.
                Cheers,
                Paul

Comment

• TC.Barky
                  Valued Member
                  • Oct 2011
                  • Melbourne

Your are right, but the pricing has come out for the Everest starting at over 50k for the base model and topping out at 80k odd, this puts it out of my price range. I'm hoping the ute will be at a better price point.
                  Blegh yeah fair enough
                  MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
                  Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• kibz
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Melb, Victoria

Time for Up Grade

Well went into the yards looking at up-grading and both yards have come back at $7k as is. Checking Red Book and this is standard price for the kms it's done. I was hoping to get a little more for the mods but I know mods doesn't matter when trading. So I'm still in talks with the yards and if they don't come back with a better offer I will have to strip some parts off to make it slightly viable.

I'm tipping that they can't adjust their trade in, might be taking parts off and getting rid of them separate to trade in.😕
                    Could be some goodies coming online soon.😄
                    Cheers,
                    Paul

Comment

• RUGGA
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2014
                      • Adelaide

Bad for you........... (Maybe) Good for me......
                      02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• kibz
                        • Jul 2007
                        • Melb, Victoria

Bad for you........... (Maybe) Good for me......
                        At least the stealer won't get all the goodies (Maybe)
                        Cheers,
                        Paul

Comment

• kibz
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Melb, Victoria

Paj is traded with the goodies and its on Carsales

Hi All,

I traded the Paj in and bought a Jeep.....(don't be silly I bought a Ranger).

If anyone is interested it's on carsales, the good can be seen on this thread and the bad is - injector pump giving trouble before xmas, replaced sensors and came good but for how long, Losing water about 250ml per tank of fuel for the last 18mths+. Possible small head gasket leak - no signs showing. I replaced the front upper ball joints with extended units. This made it heaps better off road but on road the suspension wasn't as tight as it should be.

So this might be my last post for a while, thanks for your help over the years.

P.S. I might have some parts left over in the shed (Goodsy - Long Range tank comes to mind) that I will post with picture later.
                          Cheers,
                          Paul

Comment

• Shogun 2000
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2009
                            • Dodges Ferry, Hobart, Tassie

Originally posted by sharky View Post
                            A question Paul I hava a set of NL 16' alloys, do ya reckon if I put these on I would get the same effect as your GU's in filling the guard in better? I really like the stance of yours. I would paint/powdercoat them black of coarse. I don't have a lift yet would putting these on cause any dramas do you think? These wheels
                            they wont fit on the front, i tries it 2 days ago, the hit on the front caliper, bloody calipers.
                            2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X