Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 04-02-11

Thanks for the heads up Rendrag. I have been looking at the Carnivals, but have a mate with one that when the timing belt was replaced the entire engine needed to be removed as standard practice, and cost over 2k!!!!

Yes, major disappointment with the anchor points, but according to the guy its the same story for most 4wds with back row seats. Apparently Patrols can only put 2 child restraints in the middle row because they are split in the middle, unlike the Pajero split at two thirds that allows for 3 seats with anchors on this row.

There is no way that they can modify and conform to the legal requirements for the 3rd row.

Jeremy

NS VRX manual, diesel, wife and 4 kids (non-standard additions).
Old 05-02-11
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherjez View Post
Glenn,

My thoughts also, but since buying only 6 months ago and spending too much money on mods we have found out that we are expecting a 4th child! Makes things hard and running out of options but to otherwise sell.

Haven't even used it off road yet!

Yes am talking about the third row.
wow, number 4!!! congratulations.
Old 05-02-11
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherjez View Post
Thanks for the heads up Rendrag. I have been looking at the Carnivals, but have a mate with one that when the timing belt was replaced the entire engine needed to be removed as standard practice, and cost over 2k!!!!

Yes, major disappointment with the anchor points, but according to the guy its the same story for most 4wds with back row seats. Apparently Patrols can only put 2 child restraints in the middle row because they are split in the middle, unlike the Pajero split at two thirds that allows for 3 seats with anchors on this row.

There is no way that they can modify and conform to the legal requirements for the 3rd row.

Ok Heads up my mate had a Carnival and it was a good vehicle and all until a cyclinder sleeve(s) moved in the engine and wrecked the thing. I think it is a known engine design fault in the Carnival for certain years... can't remember which years but a google will sort it out maybe 2002ish. Kia at that stage had refused to help even though it is a design fault. Beware and check out google.

Best of luck.

Starters

http://www.motorsm.com/complaints/up...y.asp?aid=1882

http://walshm.site.net.au/matt/badcar.htm

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/ki...6-present.html

Old 06-02-11

Thanks Cooperplace. There are all girls so I will be well looked after when older hopefully!

Bing,

Very interesting reading. I had no idea that the problem with these was so extensive. Wont be going near them. Thanks for the info.

Jeremy

NS VRX manual, diesel, wife and 4 kids (non-standard additions).
Old 06-02-11

Dont know if anyone has mentioned, although, you would have little space left for any prams of any sort, but, a Ford Territory has 5 anchor points in the car. It has the isofix variety in the middle row on the back and bolts are required to be installed and the holes are there for the bolts in the 3rd row...... just as thought