• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
    I think at anytime a car is not reliable, has unresolvable issues or no longer meets your needs then it needs to be moved on. Unfortunately someone else is going to pay good money that they have worked hard for, to unknowingly buy someone's else's problem if the car has unresolved mechanical, electrical ot electronic problems.

I do not believe the PB/PC Challenger has many more inherit reliability or unresolvable problems than many other cars. There are many very reliable Challengers and happy owners out there, maybe they are lucky or have lower expectations. There are many Gen 4 Pajero's that suffer from annoying the early and unwanted ASC intervention from new so it appears to be a random issue across the Mitsubishi 4wd range.

OJ.
    x2 on above ...

some people don't appreciate what they have and only once they loose it they regret it ...

Challengers platform is as alike as the new PS ... yet they slander the Challenger and went out and bought a PS ... Same Same (until their DPF problems start to come up and electrical's) have been hearing also a few of the auto's overheating on the PS into limp mode the amount of gases coming out of rocker cover on the PS is scary (without a catch-can maybe detrimental) ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

There are many Gen 4 Pajero's that suffer ASC intervention from new so it appears to be a random issue across the Mitsubishi 4wd range.

????

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
        There are many Gen 4 Pajero's that suffer ASC intervention from new so it appears to be a random issue across the Mitsubishi 4wd range.

????
        Didn't have to search too far;

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• paj747
          • Feb 2012
          • Sydney

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
          x2 on above ...

some people don't appreciate what they have and only once they loose it they regret it ...

Challengers platform is as alike as the new PS ... yet they slander the Challenger and went out and bought a PS ... Same Same (until their DPF problems start to come up and electrical's) have been hearing also a few of the auto's overheating on the PS into limp mode the amount of gases coming out of rocker cover on the PS is scary (without a catch-can maybe detrimental) ...

I installed a provent 200 catch can in my pc challenger and also into my old mans PS at the same time and after 4000klms on mine and the filter is a little bit dirty, but my old mans after the same time less klms is completely black....
          __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
          MY15 White Challenger auto-MCC Falcon bullbar,Fog Lights,9ich LED spotlights, Runva 11xp Premium,Boos Bash Plates, TJM Airtek Snorkel, Provent 200, arkpak 730, waeco cf50
          __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Comment

• littleriver
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2013
            • Queensland

Originally posted by paj747 View Post
            I installed a provent 200 catch can in my pc challenger and also into my old mans PS at the same time and after 4000klms on mine and the filter is a little bit dirty, but my old mans after the same time less klms is completely black....
            The original spec oil 5w30 is too thin for our climate .. just this year MM stamped oil has gone to a 5w40 ..

If you ring mitsubishi spare parts they can verify .. I also rang a certain oil supplier and they wanted it in writing. . Guess it was to hard for them. .. I even mentioned the MM part number .. still not interested ..

As for original post ASC press it after starts = no problems. . As begins to rain - engage 4x4 on the fly ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2016
              • Greater Sydney

Thanks for the link OJ.

We have had it come on twice both our fault by trying to get out of a driveway to beat traffic. We learnt and drive accordingly. Seems like most of the posts are along the same line

An interesting read here.

Comment

• fester
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2013
                • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by Giddyup View Post
                Haven't you managed to get a life and move on from the challenger forum yet? Talk about self punishment, you get rid of the challenger yet you still have revel in someone else's problems.
                Actually i did.move on the day i bought the pajeri. It's just this thread caught my eye and i couldnt resist a read. first one in about a year. And I couldn't resist the urge, its like shooting fish in a barrel. Made me go out in the rain and test the pajero ASC & TC yesterday. Works as progressive as i would expect of a modern system. First time I've ever really noticed it.

I don't revel in anyone elses misery about anything in life. I was.congratulating someone for finally getting out of their dilema. And the blame for the next owner who gets stuck with these vehicles lies squarely with Mitsubishi.

Comment

• Lakey
                  • Apr 2012
                  • Brisbane

Personally I'd not had much of an issue with the stability control until recently. I think I had only experienced it once not long after we got the car out a track that I was going a bit fast on other than that it has been great. However in the last few months I have noticed it a few times but I put that down to five year old nearly 60K tyres that are close to their use by date. Leaving a certain driveway into afternoon traffic gets me just about everytime especially in the wet.
                  Cheers
                  Lakey

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X