• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • braddonfire
    • Feb 2014
    • Melbourne, vic

I've got the same kit, it's an ebay jobby

AirOnBoard is the shop, I'll find a link when I get home from work
    '93 NH LWB, sitting on 33's, LEDified interior, Exedy HD Clutch, Winch Bar, Narva Spotties, Extended Breathers, Cranked torsions, Rubber flares, Ironman Foam Cells

Comment

• grhyso
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Perth

I have the same or similar kit although the bracket for the filters is different. Air On Board is who I got mine through too I think on ebay.
      2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Troy711
        Valued Member
        • May 2013
        • Canberra

No major updates as yet however I had an impulse buy on a Tigerz11 Grande MkII winch fitted with rope when they were on clearance for $395. I figure it's cheap and I know they they don't have the greatest reputation but if I keep it regularly serviced and in good condition if it's only used a handful of times to save my car or a mates car then it'll be money well spent.

It hasn't arrived yet, I was hoping it'd be here by now but the tracking seems to have stalled and it doesn't appear to have left the warehouse.

Comment

• Troy711
          Valued Member
          • May 2013
          • Canberra

My winch turned up on Friday and I've started the install. It's mounted up at the moment and tomorrow I should have time to make a plate and mount the control box then it's just a case of running the cabling which shouldn't take long to do. I was going to put in an external isolator but it already has an inline one so I don't know if I will bother.

I ordered the MkII which was on run out but they've sent me a MkIII. I guess it's better lol.

Mounted up

I'm going to change the included hook to a Factor 55 FlatLink. The hook is fkn massive to say the least and it'll look stupid because when the winch is resting I'm not going to hook it to a tow hook like most other people do.

I'm not too sure which FlatLink I'll end up getting but they're both rates to 16,000 lbs so they're not going to be the weakest component.

Here's the other type which is called a ProLink

Comment

• Troy711
            Valued Member
            • May 2013
            • Canberra

I fitted the winch control box up today, it was much easier than expected! I had to fab up a plate so it could sit on which consisted of cutting a sheet of aluminium to size and filing the edges smooth. I used domed nuts on the underside of the plate so there's no chance of nicking the rope on any sharp edges.

After a quick lick of black paint and a whirl with the heat gun so I didn't have to wait for
            It to dry it was ready to put in. After a quick test fit it was simply a matter of running the cabling.

I gave it a quick test run and all works great. I'm going to get my old mans ute out on the flat street, knock it out of gear and pull it in just to get some tension on the spool as the rope is pretty slack at the moment.

Comment

• Rovingman
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2014
              • Blue mountains

Looking good!!
              Pajero NT RX 2011
              Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
              LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• TC.Barky
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2011
                • Melbourne

Yeah good plan on getting rid of that hook, looks way too big and out of place there. Great job though!

How much room you got to play with inside the OL bar now that the winch is in?
                MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
                Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Troy711
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2013
                  • Canberra

There's still a fair bit of room under there, I didn't have to move the bar to fit the winch under. All I did was lift it on an angle, rest it on a lip under there and then put the trolley jack under to lift in position. I probably should have rotated the gearbox another turn but I can still easily reach the clutch lever.

I tensioned it up tonight, no dramas. I just flat pulled my old mans Ranger with his handbrake up a few clicks. One of my mates said to pull it out so there's only s single layer left on the spool so that's what I did. I did notice that there's a very slight run off when releasing the button and it's more obvious when there's no pressure on the rope. I'm not sure if that's a design issue or if it's just a winch thing in general.

Comment

• Troy711
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2013
                    • Canberra

So long time between updates so I don't know what's new and what's. it. About 12 months ago I had an Ultimate Suspension lift installed, best decision ever! It feels fantastic off road and gives me so much more confidence in tackling tracks.

I also bought a set on 18s with HTs for during the week.

I've removed the 20 inch LED bar and swapped it out for a curved 32 inch.

And this weekend I replaced the factory CD stacker with a Kenwood DVD headunit and will be soon adding some LCD headrests to keep the kiddies happy on long trips.

I'm still thinking about upgrading the stock speakers, but we'll see what the missus says

Comment

• Vix2010
                      • Jan 2015
                      • Wamboin NSW

Hi Troy, you have done awesome with the Paj, wondering how hard it was to install the DVD head unit.

Cheers Vic
                      NT GLS DiD auto, ARB Bar,22" Cree Light Bar, Oricom UHF, Hankook Dynapro MT 265/70r17, CSA Granite Rims, Dobinsons 2" Lift, Safari Snorkle,Custom 3" exhaust, Thule roof racks,Kings awning,roof cage

Love The Paj 👍👍
                      (Everything happens for a reason)

Comment

• Troy711
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2013
                        • Canberra

It was pretty easy actually. Pop the air vents, pop the heater controls, a few screws and plugs and the factory unit is out. I had to buy a new facia which included an ISO plug, I also bought an ISO plug to suit the HU and it all went in pretty smooth. I did end up cutting the ISO plugs off and soldering the loom together because it was cutting in and out. But yea, easy as. I reckon 30 minute job if you have everything ready to go.

Comment

• Lando
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2013
                          • Lake Maquarie NSW

Very tidy mate! Shes looking awesome

Does the head unit work with the steering wheel controls Troy? And were ylu able to integrate it in with the aux and usb connections in the glovebox?
                          MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• Troy711
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2013
                            • Canberra

It came with a cable to use the steering wheel controls, I haven't done anything about it yet. As for the other connections I also didn't worry about them, it'll play music through Bluetooth so I couldn't see a use for them. There's also an option to use AirPlay Mirroring but once again, I doubt I'll use that function so I haven't connected it.

Comment

• Lando
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2013
                              • Lake Maquarie NSW

Was more so that i could play music via the usb with my ipad and use the bluetooth for the phone calls etc

But i assume the phone side of the bluetooth works still? So you could use the headunits bluetooth for the music?
                              MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• Troy711
                                Valued Member
                                • May 2013
                                • Canberra

Originally posted by Lando View Post
                                Was more so that i could play music via the usb with my ipad and use the bluetooth for the phone calls etc

But i assume the phone side of the bluetooth works still? So you could use the headunits bluetooth for the music?
                                Yep, once connected and set up you can play your music through Bluetooth and also have full control of sending and receiving phone calls from the head unit. You can also browse your phones music gallery and select songs from it too.

I finished off the screens today, they're easy as to install and look pretty good. The resolution isn't 1080p, but the kids will be happy.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X