• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • efeinblatt
    • Feb 2015
    • perth

Mukinbudin and Elachbutting Rock

Am thinking about heading east into the goldfields over the long weekend and wonder if anyone has been this way: Merredin, Westonia, Bruce Rock, Elachbutting, Muchinbudin. This will be the longest trip I've taken in my new (old) 1992 diesel NH. Swagging it with my wife and 3 year old. Went to York last weekend, Lancellin and Avon Valley before that. All good so far, but am really worked up for this trip. So seeking any and all advice - camping spots, areas to visit.
    1992 NH 2.5L diesel turbo intercooler, ARB bull bar, Hankook Dynapro AT 31x10.5x15, IPF 900 spotties, home-made bug guard, rola vortex roof rack, 47L Evakool, Thumper
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Originally posted by efeinblatt View Post
    Am thinking about heading east into the goldfields over the long weekend and wonder if anyone has been this way: Merredin, Westonia, Bruce Rock, Elachbutting, Muchinbudin. This will be the longest trip I've taken in my new (old) 1992 diesel NH. Swagging it with my wife and 3 year old. Went to York last weekend, Lancellin and Avon Valley before that. All good so far, but am really worked up for this trip. So seeking any and all advice - camping spots, areas to visit.
    Keep your eyes open. I will be there on the weekend as well. Leave Sunday, come home Tuesday. Haven't decided where I will camp atm, still working on it. Have a look at these two. Starts off in the wheatbelt but goes a bit further on.

I had a 4 day break from work and the weather had been dry, so I decided to leave the trouble and strife + tin lid behind and do a run ...

Edit: June 2015. I have just discovered the name of the unnamed Gnamma hole and added it in A combination of RDO's, shift swaps and an ea...
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• mckenzl
      • Mar 2013
      • WA

if your into Footy, country football is well worth a look. Park your car on the ground, Don't even have to get out too watch it in some places. PM for more details of games if your interested. Main features around Bruce Rock would be Kokerbin rock and the centenary pathway in town. Have a great trip and if your in Bruce rock drop me a line.

Liam
      Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

• sharkcaver
        • May 2009
        • Perth

at the bottom of this link is an informative map you can download

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• efeinblatt
          • Feb 2015
          • perth

Mukinbudin

Thanks for the replies and, especially, your amazing travel reports Sharkcaver. Inspiring!

Think we'll head toward Mukinbudin mid-day Friday and camp out at the Mangowine Homestead. Then up to Elachbutting and camp there on Saturday. That's all I know for the moment. Haven't thought through Sunday/Monday yet.

Keep me posted as to your plans. And, just in case we meet up, bring along some extra salami and jarlsberg. Mouth waters at the thought
          1992 NH 2.5L diesel turbo intercooler, ARB bull bar, Hankook Dynapro AT 31x10.5x15, IPF 900 spotties, home-made bug guard, rola vortex roof rack, 47L Evakool, Thumper

Comment

• sharkcaver
            • May 2009
            • Perth

Originally posted by efeinblatt View Post
            Keep me posted as to your plans. And, just in case we meet up, bring along some extra salami and jarlsberg. Mouth waters at the thought
            Lol.

Plan for me is to leave Sunday, following the York to Goldfields heritage trail. How far I get will determine where I stop on Sunday night. Will probably be either Baladjie, Elachbutting or Berringbooding. Plans for Monday will also be determined by what we get through on the Sunday. It will be a suck it and see job. On that, I don't know where I'll end up Monday night or Tuesday. I suspect Monday will be a caching day. I may even end up in the Helena and Aurora's yet???? So sorry, I don't really have a plan. But if you see a paj that looks like mine, give me a call on ch40. The other fella that's going with me doesn't have a uhf, so I'll just stick to 40.

My Journeys

Comment

• Ashley
              • Apr 2008
              • Perth

Bugger. I Should have checked this page before the long weekend.

I was camped at elachbutting all weekend.
              What a great place for a quiet few days.

I went home via baladjie to have a look.
              Also a nice spot from the looks of things.

We were in the camp spot close to the rock on the south side
              3 camper trailers and a wind up camper.
              2011 White NT GL - Goes fast because it is an ex cop car

The usual crap : Smartbar , Winch, Bushskinz , Traction control mod with rear diff lock,2 inch lovells, raw 46mm monotube shocks, 20c egr fix, cheap arse ebay roof bars. too much rubbish and tools in the back. Sand on floor mats.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

I got out to Elachbutting on Monday arvo. Everyone had cleared out by then. And guess what we found.......

A freakin tree still on fire on a quite windy day, cans and crap left in a fire pit and bags of rubbish some tard couldn't be bothered to take home with them. To that, I also had reports of dogs roaming around. Obviously the tards either cant read or associate a picture of a dog with a cross through it as meaning NO DOGS. There are truly some knobs still left in the world

That tainted an otherwise great weekend for me. Pitty I missed you guys. No doubt I have another trip report coming up.
                Attached Files

My Journeys

Comment

• Ashley
                  • Apr 2008
                  • Perth

The pit near the dunny ? There was a huge group there

Bloody silly not putting it out.
                  2011 White NT GL - Goes fast because it is an ex cop car

The usual crap : Smartbar , Winch, Bushskinz , Traction control mod with rear diff lock,2 inch lovells, raw 46mm monotube shocks, 20c egr fix, cheap arse ebay roof bars. too much rubbish and tools in the back. Sand on floor mats.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                    • May 2009
                    • Perth

Yep, thats the spot. No one at all at the rock when we rocked up about 1pm Monday.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                      • May 2009
                      • Perth

I've done a trip report:

Ashley, the reference to a pic of rego numbers applies

My Journeys

Comment

• stevemc181
                        Valued Member
                        • Sep 2012
                        • Thornlie/Perth

Another great report Shane, you sure do get around!
                        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                        3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

Thanks Steve. Life's too short for working.....or mowing lawns

Its been a good year this year, but it will slow down a bit for a few months now

My Journeys

Comment

• Rovingman
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2014
                            • Blue mountains

Great work, hope your son managed without the sauce ok!!!!
                            Pajero NT RX 2011
                            Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                            LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X