• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snapcatcher
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2009
    • Brisbane

SEQ Glasshouse Mountains this Sat 1st Aug

Well my missus is having a Tupperware party at our place this Saturday 1st of August, which means me and my 2.5 y/o boy Lincoln need to clear out of the house away from all those crazy women.

So im planning a day trip to glasshouse mountains. I know the place quite well having spent a lot of days up there over the last 6 months. The tracks i'll be doing are by no means extreme, but not easy either. A good challange especially for stock vehicles. These days I also steer clear of most of the muddy bog holes, cause Im tired of spending ages cleaning the Paj. But there is a few I can show you if thats your thing.

If anyone is interested in coming along let me know. I havnt decided exact times yet, but wont be the crack of dawn. Prob start from the lookout around 10ish.

Last edited by Snapcatcher; 01-08-09, 08:45 PM. Reason: Edit title
    Silver NM Pajero 3.5L Auto. ARB bullbar, Opposite Lock Rear bar, Front Lokka, Uniden UHF, Bilstein shocks, Lovells HD coils, TJM OX 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2's on 16x8 Advanti Rims, Custom bash plate, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 170s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Ironman Awning, Duel battery system.
  • chilli
    • Jun 2009
    • Brisbane

Keen to tag along but I've committed to the Straddie trip. I went there last weekend with the Suzuki club and the GV with limited ground clearance and HT struggle badly on the muddy tracks. Even though we haven't had any rain for a few weeks, the tracks are very muddy and the bog holes deeper than normal. Anyhow , have fun and don't forget to post some pictures.
    Future: Triton Ute.

Now: Mazda MX5 NB8A
    Past: Suzuki Grand Vitara

Comment

• Kemsley
      • Apr 2008
      • Brisbane

I would also join you but will be on Straddie as well. Hope you have fun.
      I used to have a NS X DiD Shorty
      Now I drive a VW Amarok

Comment

• JoshF
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Brisbane

me too, but also on Straddie :-)
        NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
        Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• jop
          • Oct 2008
          • brisbane

Thanks for the pm on 4wd action Snapcatcher, i can't make it (again) due to work.

Still very keen though so thanks for the invites.

Cheers
          Mark

Comment

• Snapcatcher
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2009
            • Brisbane

No probs guys. I did notice the staddie trip was on this weekend. Im out at GH every second weekend or so, so ill let you guys know next time as well.

If anyone not going to straddie want to come let me know, cause ill be going even if im solo.

Silver NM Pajero 3.5L Auto. ARB bullbar, Opposite Lock Rear bar, Front Lokka, Uniden UHF, Bilstein shocks, Lovells HD coils, TJM OX 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2's on 16x8 Advanti Rims, Custom bash plate, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 170s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Ironman Awning, Duel battery system.

Comment

• Snapcatcher
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2009
              • Brisbane

Trip Report

Well couldnt find anyone to come along so it was just me and my boy Lincoln. Got up there about 12ish and time to air down. Who need staun deflaters when you have a son. Air down is possibly his favourite part of the trip. I give him a screwdriver to let air out and then I finish them off with the gauge.

Hit the tracks and found myself stuck bad not long later. Tried to go through a mud section Ive been through plenty of times, but found it more boggy and sunk in and wasnt getting out anytime soon. So much for me avoiding the mud hey! Found a shovel on side of track and started digging, then packed logs under wheels, and let tyres down to 18psi. Still couldnt drive out of it. Then a couple guys on trailbikes rode past and stopped to help. They then went to find anyone with a 4b, and returned 10 mins later with a guy in a Prado. First we tried to snatch me out forwards, but that wasnt happening, so we tried snatching out backwards which saw me unstuck after two attempts. Thanks go out to those the two dirt bikers and the Prado driver, all very nice and helpful guys.

Continued on my way after that to tracks I know away from the mud, and had some good fun. Drove down and then up Tower hill which is always a good challenge. Always takes a couple attempts to get up. Saw a fellow Paj driver in that area and said G'day. Stopped for some lunch and then worked my way back to the exit via a few more fun tracks, and found a fun new track on the way out.

All in all had a good day, and its great to be out and about with my boy! Had intended on exploring more new tracks today, but spending over an hour stuck in the Mud didnt leave me much spare time for exploring. Attached are a few pics. The ones of the car bogged are after a fair bit of digging.

Ill organise another trip out there in the next month and give you guys a lot more notice then this one. Hopefully we can get a few Pajeros out there together.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Snapcatcher; 01-08-09, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Snapcatcher
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2009
                • Brisbane

A few more pics
                Attached Files

Comment

• Quadcam
                  • May 2008
                  • Brisbane

Looks like a character building outing. Lucky the Tupperware ladies didn't have to come to the rescue.

That tower climb looks interesting, is it Mt Beerburrum?
                  ZH Outlander VRX previously NS X V6 - RDL

Comment

• Snapcatcher
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • Brisbane

Originally posted by Quadcam View Post
                    That tower climb looks interesting, is it Mt Beerburrum?
                    That pic above Isnt tower hillclimb, its just one of the many fun little hills I go past. There's no way I'd get out of the car on that hill with Lincoln in the back, like I did when these pics of Tower hill were taken a few weeks ago. Not sure of eack individual mountain name.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Pajenaro
                      • Oct 2007
                      • Albany Creek

Hi Snapcatcher,
                      I'd be keen to venture out and about around the Glasshouse area next time you are up that way. We've just moved to Landsborough and are looking for some close to home tracks to explore.
                      I'll keep an eye out for future trips. If only I 'd seen this post earlier I would've been out there amongst it.
                      Cheers
                      Scott
                      1998 NL GLX 2.8TD, Man

Comment

• jezzicaz789
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Snapcatcher View Post
                        Well my missus is having a Tupperware party at our place this Saturday 1st of August, which means me and my 2.5 y/o boy Lincoln need to clear out of the house away from all those crazy women.

So im planning a day trip to glasshouse mountains. I know the place quite well having spent a lot of days up there over the last 6 months. The tracks i'll be doing are by no means extreme, but not easy either. A good challange especially for stock vehicles. These days I also steer clear of most of the muddy bog holes, cause Im tired of spending ages cleaning the Paj. But there is a few I can show you if thats your thing.

If anyone is interested in coming along let me know. I havnt decided exact times yet, but wont be the crack of dawn. Prob start from the lookout around 10ish.

Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!
                        Watch 2012 Movie Online Free

Comment

• Snapcatcher
                          Valued Member
                          • Feb 2009
                          • Brisbane

Originally posted by jezzicaz789 View Post
                          Hi all, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!
                          Sure mate, we're a friendly bunch here. Im actually heading out to glasshouse this sunday if your interested.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X