• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bak
    • Nov 2015
    • Caboolture

NX first drive

Picked up our new NX Friday and took it for its first trip out to Bellthorpe today. Upgraded from a PA challenger so was grinning the whole way.

Sent from my SM-P350 using Tapatalk
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Very nice mate, did the same...from a PA to NX
    Though I still have the old banger. What's the colour Ironbark?
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• bak
      • Nov 2015
      • Caboolture

yeah it's ironbark. I only had the PA for a couple of years but recently bought a camper trailer and the fuel economy went through the roof. was nice actually being able to accelerate up a hill today instead of just making lots of noise

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

Very nice. It's almost exactly a year since I did the same thing....still lovin' it

What extras are you planning to add ?
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Rovingman
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2014
          • Blue mountains

Very nice old man ironbark!! Im beginning to like the colour.
          Pajero NT RX 2011
          Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
          LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• green troll
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2015
            • Adelaide

Looks very flash. Lol.
            You'll love the Pajero mate. Good decision. Enjoy it.

Comment

• wazza1965
              • Mar 2011
              • Brisbane

Really nice pic. Plenty of enjoyable km ahead.
              NM2002 Exceed DID. Safari Snorkel, Garrett GTX2863R Turbo, HPD Intercooler, Synergy / Turbosmart controllers, Mandrel 3" Exhaust Pyro, Built auto, ECB Bar with 12,000lb Winch & Dyneema rope, Rotronic battery system, 2x 120Amp/h AGM AUX batteries, Lovell 2", Airbags, Rhino AT2012, Fiamma Awning. 4x IPF spots 120w HID inserts. Alpine NAV Bluetooth with Type R sound system, UHF Uniden UH8080NB, Couplertec. Rear draw system, 1500w inverter. ARB twin comp / tank, ARB Locker. Evakool. NASA BM-1.

Comment

• m_and_m
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2010
                • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Great photo! I've never seen a car that shiny!!
                2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Stroker
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Glenorie NSW

Hi Bak

That looks really nice, is it an exceed?

Cheers Glenn
                  NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

• bak
                    • Nov 2015
                    • Caboolture

it's the GLS. haven't really thought about mods yet but will probably look into a bullbar first. was thinking of upgrading the tyres but it'll mostly be used for towing the camper on weekends so will probably stick with the standard ones for a while.

Comment

• Phree_ed
                      • Apr 2016
                      • Moreton Bay area

I just upgraded (last Thursday) from a much loved V6 120 Prado after 13 years.
                      Got a warm white GLS at a very good price with tint, towbar, spare lift kit and nudge bar.

Comments so far:
                      Ride is a bit firmer than the Prado but handling is much better.

Brakes feel much better.

Seats feel a little higher off the ground.

It's quiet but definitely not as quiet as the Prado was.

It's slightly more practical in the back for loading but MUCH more practical than the current 150 series Prado which is a dead loss.

The Pajero needs a decent foot rest. Will have to make one up.

I like the performance of the 3.2. Not quite up to a petrol V6 but way better that Toyota's 2.8.

Would have liked to have door pockets in the rear door trims. The official brochure says they're there but what would they know

Now to run it in and hook the van up.

Comment

• Ian H
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2015
                        • Melbourne

Originally posted by Phree_ed View Post
                        I just upgraded (last Thursday) from a much loved V6 120 Prado after 13 years.
                        Nice to see you have stepped in to the light.
                        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• bak
                          • Nov 2015
                          • Caboolture

Love the second pic. They always look good in white.

Sent from my Y635-L02 using Tapatalk

Comment

• RUGGA
                            Valued Member
                            • Nov 2014
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Phree_ed View Post

The Pajero needs a decent foot rest. Will have to make one up.
                            You can buy one from Amayama. There is a thread getting around that explains this. Will see if I can find it.

Read here. http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ight=Foot+rest
                            Last edited by RUGGA; 24-05-16, 04:40 PM. Reason: Found link
                            02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Phree_ed
                              • Apr 2016
                              • Moreton Bay area

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
                              You can buy one from Amayama. There is a thread getting around that explains this. Will see if I can find it.

Read here. http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ight=Foot+rest
                              Thanks Rugga but no need.

Step 1: Cut a piece of wood to the correct length, thickness and taper
                              Step 2: Paint it matt black.
                              Step 3: Put some good quality sticky back velcro hook on the lower side and transmission tunnel side of the new footrest.
                              Step 5: Place it on the current excuse for a foot rest and the velcro hook will grab the carpet and the new footrest will not move.
                              Step 6: Go for a drive then home for a beer.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X