• Show
Clear All
  • bigbuzz73
    • Nov 2012
    • wodonga

Buying an NT

Hi all,
    New to the forum, so please be kind to the new kid
    We have an 08 Mazda BT 50 dual cab with the 'usual' kit- BFG muddies, ARB bullbar, ARB canopy, Tough Dog suspension with 2" lift and a chip.
    It's an excellent ute but rides a bit 'bouncy' with the suspension mods and whilst it's great for off road work, it's not a comfortable car for daily use.
    The issue is, I cycle to work most days and the Mazda sits in the carport while my wife drives a little Astra. Realistically, our Mazda does 95% of it's klms on the road, as does most 4WDs I guess, so we are looking for a car that is better for the 95% but still capable for the 5%, if that makes sense.
    The plan is to sell off both cars and buy an NT Pajero, fit a Bullbar and 2" lift and this will be Bec's daily driver, yet should still be a relatively capable tourer/off-roader. I'll then get myself a cheap ute for a 2nd car for the times I'm too lazy to ride to work or need to go to do a Tip run!
    My questions is, for those of you who have lifted their Pajeros 2", how has this mod affected the on-road ride quality? I don't want to end up with the same ride quality issue I have with my Mazda.
    Any other info would be greatly appreciated and very welcome.
    Oh yeah, one other thing... been watching your forum for a few weeks and I congratulate members for the way they conduct themselves in comparison to many other forums. It's refreshing to see people can be on a forum and still have decent manners! Well done!
    Regards,
    Wayne & Bec
  • markpeh
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2010
    • Lake Clarendon QLD

With the lift on my nt it now rides better than it ever did. I got bilsteins and Lovell springs in hd. It firm compared to my old commodore but Luxurious compared to my hilux.
    NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

• bigmitsu
      • Nov 2011
      • Redcliffe

Ride quality is good with the EFS suspension - The Paj is a nicer drive than my previous MN Triton manual but the auto helps that as well.
      On the MN I fitted Ultimate suspension and for leaf springs it rode great and could also handle a load. If it's just the bumpy ride it would be cheaper just to replace the rear leaf springs in your BT.

Cheers

Darryl
      2009 RX TD Auto - EFS suspension , Mickey T's STZ, Narva spotties, UHF with more on the wishlist, and now towing a 1999 Evernew Tandem van.

Comment

• eman
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2009
        • Cranebrook, NSW

Ride quality is great, even better with the lift. I've got Bilsteins all round with Lovells HD up front and SD in the rear as most of the time it's empty. I've also put in airbags for those camping trips or when towing.
        2009 NT GLS DiD 5spd - ARB Deluxe bar, Tigerz11 12,000lbs Winch, Airtec Snorkel, ARB Front Locker, TJM Rear Locker, Hankook AT-M 265/70/17, Bilsteins, Lovells HD 50mm, Bushskinz Intercooler, Sump, Trans & Transfer Case Guards, Brown Davis long range tank, Pioneer Head Unit, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Redarc SBI12, GME TX3440, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Stebel alarm & car horns, Rhino Pioneer Platform rack, DIY (Rear Shelf, Sliders, Fridge Slide), Ultragauge, 3" Exhaust

Comment

• Paj People 2009
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2009
          • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

Hi,

OME lift, suspension and Nitro shocks.

Also have Polyairs, as we tow a lot.

Great ride, love it!

Much better than the original - having the extra clearance is also a bonus. The wallowing is eliminated and you get a sportier, firmer (without being harsh), ride.

Don't think you'd regret having a suspension upgrade on a fourbie.

Cheers,
          Sally
          SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X