• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The One Demon
    • Feb 2020
    • Australia

Where to buy EGR off module for NP?

Does anyone know where I could a module that's for the NP? I can only find them for the common rail models..

Cheers.
    2005 NP Pajero 3.2, Manual - 3" Scott's Rods Exhaust, Bullbar, 2" lift, 31" A/T, Rhino Racks, Fox Awning
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Comment

• The One Demon
      • Feb 2020
      • Australia

Thanks mate but not after the EGR valve ahah, after the EGR shut off module, SPV used to make one, but they aren't around anymore as far as I know and I can't find any that aren't for common rail Pajero onward.
      2005 NP Pajero 3.2, Manual - 3" Scott's Rods Exhaust, Bullbar, 2" lift, 31" A/T, Rhino Racks, Fox Awning

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

If you can strip a wire or 2, solder and apply heat shrink then you can do this at a fraction of the cost of a Plug and play module.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• The One Demon
          • Feb 2020
          • Australia

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
          If you can strip a wire or 2, solder and apply heat shrink then you can do this at a fraction of the cost of a Plug and play module.

OJ.
          Hmm, thanks, might not be the same for the NP model though ahah. Might just get a blank plate and block it... I came across a thread here saying that the NM-NP models don't throw codes and don't have the option of the modules like later models.

Comment

• Morville
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2008
            • Buxton Vic

Originally posted by The One Demon View Post
            Hmm, thanks, might not be the same for the NP model though ahah. Might just get a blank plate and block it... I came across a thread here saying that the NM-NP models don't throw codes and don't have the option of the modules like later models.
            I have not heard of an electronic device for a non-common rail DiD. The NM that I once owned and now my daughter drives ( done close to 400,000k) has a complete blanking plate (no hole) for half its life and has never caused a CEL or code.
            Peter

Comment

• AndyN
              • Feb 2020
              • Tayvallich

I blanked my egr off last week and it has solved all the sticky egr issues I was having, the ECU does throw code 51 but it does not light the eml, so as long as you don't mind it showing code 51 when you scan it you'll be fine. Mines a 2005 NP.

Comment

• Kingmarz
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2016
                • South Island New Zealand

NM and NP Pajero only needs egr blanking plate. No CEL and best is to remove complete unit including cooler and bracket if you can get away with in where you live. Here in NZ anything goes.
                02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

• averhamme
                  • Mar 2010
                  • Belgium

I do confirm.
                  Just a plate will do. No hole.
                  A.
                  Pajero 2006, 3.2 Did LWB. Tuned, Blocked EGR, Dual battery system, roof tent, Old Man Emu suspension, aluminium skid plates, 22 inch LED light bar. Iceland, Norway, Balkan, North Africa ...
                  Some 480.000 km.

Comment

• haz77
                    • May 2013
                    • nz

Originally posted by Kingmarz View Post
                    NM and NP Pajero only needs egr blanking plate. No CEL and best is to remove complete unit including cooler and bracket if you can get away with in where you live. Here in NZ anything goes.
                    Why is it best to remove it all & not simply slip a plate in place of one of the gaskets to block it off?

Comment

• Kingmarz
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2016
                      • South Island New Zealand

Originally posted by haz77 View Post
                      Why is it best to remove it all & not simply slip a plate in place of one of the gaskets to block it off?
                      Reasons?
                      Heat soak
                      Looks like shit
                      Weight reduction (bracket alone is about 2kg)
                      Restrictive bucket thingy in intake manifold

Just to name a few but depending on the laws in your region you may not be able to remove it.
                      02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X