• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommynguyen
    • Aug 2019
    • Vietnam

Carb pipe diagram

Dear all,

I've Pajero Gen 2 1998 V31. My Paj lost some of part like in the picture. Please help if someone still has it working.

Thanks,
    Attached Files
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

At a guess, I'd say that's for helping cold weather performance, by sending engine coolant (at engine temp) through the manifold, to help prevent atomised fuel condensing in the manifold.

I wouldn't have thought this would create too many problems in Vietnam, but I'm happy to learn otherwise.

Is the manifold pipe allowing coolant to run out? If you have no coolant leaks I wouldn't be too concerned.

If you have a coolant leak, two options:

1. Connect them together with a suitable size of coolant / heater hose.
    2. Block both of them - somehow.

Option 2 may cause cold running issues, but I wouldn't think that's much of a risk in Vietnam. If it does, revert to Option 1.

I don't recall the coolant flow through the system. Option 1 may create a coolant leak elsewhere - in which case, deal with it as you can.

Good luck.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X