• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Mitsubishi Paddle Shift Kits

Edit: My supply of paddle assemblies ran out early in 2021, and finding second-hand paddles at wreckers is too hard - the paddles assemblies are there, but I struggle to find wreckers who are interested in selling them. So I'm no longer selling complete kits; this thread is now closed.

I can still produce adapter wiring harnesses, and I have some stock remaining of Challenger steering column covers. For those who are interested in finding their own paddles assembly, please read this thread for more details.

As per this thread, I have been selling Gen 4 paddle shift kits for a little over two years. Being a manual driver at heart, preferring to make my own gear change decisions, I use my shift paddles continuously and wouldn't like to drive my Pajero without them.

Part of the process to make the kits required trimming the factory paddle assembly to fit inside the Pajero steering column lower cover, and hand-cutting slots into the cover.

More recently, some Mitsubishi enthusiasts in the Middle East advised that the steering column covers from PB / PC Challenger will fit the Pajero steering column, eliminating the need to trim the paddle assembly or cut the Pajero covers. I have finally found a source for the Challenger covers at a reasonable price, and can now offer Pajero install kits at a better price. I can also offer a complete kit to Challenger owners.

Pajero Kit

For Gen 4 Pajeros, the kit includes
    • New genuine factory paddle shift assembly
    • Screws to mount the paddle assembly to the steering column
    • New genuine upper and lower column covers to suit paddles (no more hand-cut slots)
    • A couple of custom plastic pieces to support the bottom of the paddle frame
    • A Plug & Play wiring harness - no wire cutting or soldering required
    • Installation instructions

The NS Pajero uses a different connector for the plug & play adaptor, so anybody interested in ordering will need to specify which vehicle you have: NS, or NT/NW/NX. There is no difference in the price.

Overseas owners with left hand drive vehicles need a slightly longer cable; again, no difference in the price, but please specify LHD.

Price:

The forum member price for this revised kit is $315, plus freight. Freight is typically $25 to cities and regional centres; I haven't yet shipped a kit to a more expensive location.

Please note:

- This install kit only allows the paddles to operate in Sports mode; to have the full factory-like functionality of being able to use the paddles any time, you'll need to also purchase m_and_m's awesome paddle-mate; for details, click here.
    - This install kit is designed for plug & play interface to paddle-mate - those who DIY paddles will also need to DIY the paddle-mate install.

Challenger Kit

For PB and PC Challenger owners, the kit includes
    • New genuine Mitsubishi paddle shift assembly
    • New genuine Mitsubishi upper and lower column covers to suit paddles

Please note that the factory covers on Challengers without paddles are too small to fit the paddle shift assembly, hence the need for new covers.

I believe most PB & PC Challenger have the factory harness including the three pin connector to plug in the paddles, but some may not. Please remove the lower steering column cover and look for an unused white 3 pin connector (as per the pictures below) on the left side of the column

If this connector is not found, I may still be able to help with a solution - PM me to discuss.

Price:

The forum member price for the basic Challenger kit is $200, plus freight. Freight is typically $25 to cities and regional centres; I haven't yet shipped a kit to a more expensive location.
    Attached Files
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

I absolutely LOVE my paddle shift kit... I can’t recommend the Scorpro kit by NJ_SWB highly enough!
    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Poita
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2010
      • Adelaide

I'm just about to purchase a Gen 4 NX. This and the automate are on the top of my list! Brilliant idea
      NW VRX MY2013
      Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Bump!

Installation instructions have been updated, and added to the first post.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Andrew.Osborne
          • Mar 2013
          • Wagga Wagga

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
          Bump!

Installation instructions have been updated, and added to the first post.
          I'm about to order your paddle kit... how can I secure the discount for members?
          Looking forward to hearing from you soon
          Cheers

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your interest in my product.

If you're only interested in purchasing my paddles kit I can supply to you at the forum member's discount price - send me a PM and we'll sort it out.

If you also want to purchase MM 4x4's paddle-mate I suggest purchasing from MM 4x4 to consolidate shipping. Send a PM to m_and_m (on this forum) for a discount code to apply at his check-out page.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• terryfirma
              • Oct 2007
              • Clare S.A.

Paddle Shift kit

Hi nj swb

PM sent regarding your Paddle kit

Cheers

Terry
              NH Pajero 1993 3.0 V6 GLS with ARB Bullbar, HD Suspension 2" lift, Roof rack, cargo barrier, rear drawers, onboard air compressor, Mickey Thompson MTZ tyres, Hella Spot lights, UHF radio, GPS
              ALSO NT 30th Anniversary Model 3.2 DID Auto.(Accessory list needs to start again). Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 Tyres, ARB old man emu 50mm Suspension lift, SPV module and Catch Can,Bushskinz plates, King Brown 3" Exhaust turbo back, Flappy Paddles, Auto Mate Torque Lock up Kit.

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by terryfirma View Post
                Hi nj swb

PM sent regarding your Paddle kit

Cheers

Terry
                Thanks Terry - PM replied.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• terryfirma
                  • Oct 2007
                  • Clare S.A.

Installed Scott’s Paddle kit today. Great accessory to have.
                  I got them mainly for towing our caravan. Like the idea of changing gears without removing my hands from the steering wheel.
                  Whilst testing the paddles I can see how they will be very handy while off road in 4wd as well
                  Can’t wait to get away and try them out.
                  Thanks Scott for a great product

Cheers

Terry
                  NH Pajero 1993 3.0 V6 GLS with ARB Bullbar, HD Suspension 2" lift, Roof rack, cargo barrier, rear drawers, onboard air compressor, Mickey Thompson MTZ tyres, Hella Spot lights, UHF radio, GPS
                  ALSO NT 30th Anniversary Model 3.2 DID Auto.(Accessory list needs to start again). Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 Tyres, ARB old man emu 50mm Suspension lift, SPV module and Catch Can,Bushskinz plates, King Brown 3" Exhaust turbo back, Flappy Paddles, Auto Mate Torque Lock up Kit.

Comment

• Ian H
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2015
                    • Melbourne

I used mine for the second time on the tracks in the high country during the week and they are brilliant off road. It's so much easier to change up and down, especially in low range,

We weren't in the fire areas by the way.
                    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Pickle
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2007
                      • All over Oz

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                      As per this thread, I have been selling Gen 4 paddle shift kits for a little over two years. Being a manual driver at heart, preferring to make my own gear change decisions, I use my shift paddles continuously and wouldn't like to drive my Pajero without them.

Part of the process to make the kits required trimming the factory paddle assembly to fit inside the Pajero steering column lower cover, and hand-cutting slots into the cover.

More recently, some Mitsubishi enthusiasts in the Middle East advised that the steering column covers from PB / PC Challenger will fit the Pajero steering column, eliminating the need to trim the paddle assembly or cut the Pajero covers. I have finally found a source for the Challenger covers at a reasonable price, and can now offer Pajero install kits at a better price. I can also offer a complete kit to Challenger owners.

Pajero Kit

For Gen 4 Pajeros, the kit includes
                      • New genuine factory paddle shift assembly
                      • New genuine upper and lower column covers to suit paddles (no more hand-cut slots)
                      • A Plug & Play wiring harness - no wire cutting or soldering required
                      • Installation instructions

The NS Pajero uses a different connector for the plug & play adaptor, so anybody interested in ordering will need to specify which vehicle you have: NS, or NT/NW/NX. There is no difference in the price.

Overseas owners with left hand drive vehicles need a slightly longer cable; again, no difference in the price, but please specify LHD.

Price:

The forum member price for this revised kit is $315, plus freight. Freight is typically $25 to cities and regional centres; I haven't yet shipped a kit to a more expensive location.

Please note:

- This install kit only allows the paddles to operate in Sports mode; to have the full factory-like functionality of being able to use the paddles any time, you'll need to also purchase m_and_m's awesome paddle-mate; for details, click here.
                      - This install kit is designed for plug & play interface to paddle-mate - those who DIY paddles will also need to DIY the paddle-mate install.

Challenger Kit

For PB and PC Challenger owners, the kit includes
                      • New genuine Mitsubishi paddle shift assembly
                      • New genuine Mitsubishi upper and lower column covers to suit paddles

Please note that the factory covers on Challengers without paddles are too small to fit the paddle shift assembly, hence the need for new covers.

I believe most PB & PC Challenger have the factory harness including the three pin connector to plug in the paddles, but some may not. Please remove the lower steering column cover and look for an unused white 3 pin connector (as per the pictures below) on the left side of the column

If this connector is not found, I may still be able to help with a solution - PM me to discuss.

Price:

The forum member price for the basic Challenger kit is $190, plus freight. Freight is typically $25 to cities and regional centres; I haven't yet shipped a kit to a more expensive location.
                      One of the best mods going on my Paj, paddles kill it off road and combine that with MXM Lock Up kit for on road and off ,these guys have combined a lethal combination for the Pajero.
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X