• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rosscomatic
    • Feb 2011
    • Perth

Anyone got part numbers

Hi guys

I have a couple of things that I need to get done on my 2010 PB Challenger and rather than go to the service centre, have them confirm that things need to get done, then have them order parts and make me come back again, I thought I'd let them know what parts I need in advance...

What I'm after is the little handle that makes the drivers seat go up and down, and also the rear stabiliser bar/pan hard rod. See photos...

The handle should be a warranty job. I've already asked them about that so all good there. But unless the warranty covers solid contact with immovable objects then I guess I'll be buying a new stabiliser bar...

Does anyone happen to know what the part numbers for these two might be? And how much a rear stabiliser bar is going to set me back?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0398.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	994133Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0399.JPG
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	994134

Thanks!

Regards

RossH
    My blog - www.offroadaussie.com
    2010 PB LS Challenger Auto. RedArc dual battery. GME UFH 80ch. Cargo barrier. Custom recovery points. Factory bull bar and towbar. Wandering Star Bushmaster camper trailer
  • 02-SR5
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2010
    • Toowoomba

This is the 3rd Panhard rod I have seen bent.

How did this happen. I am currently researching other models that may fit. I was in a tyre shop one day and they had some on the wall.

An 80 series Landcruiser has the same physical measurements, but I didn't get a chance to try the bolt size as I need to take it off to compare, however, this will be getting checked early Feb. If it fits, I will be fitting the 80 series panhard rod and I will be able to provide specs too.

They only retail for about $270 from different suppliers. Good thing, they are heavy duty and fully adjustable too.
    MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• aus_andyk
      • Nov 2013
      • Melbourne

DRJohn11's broke back in July and he said that the OEM one was only $115 to replace.

Or maybe investigate an aftermarket product, as per 02-SR5.

Suspension Rod - MR210768
      RH Seat Adjuster - MR306204

Happy to be corrected if wrong model/part chosen: https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/mits...=NHF&group=010
      Last edited by aus_andyk; 06-01-15, 04:37 PM.
      | PC Challenger Manual MY14 | Front eLocker | Dobinson MRR | 3.15 Gears | ARB Deluxe Bar | Runva 11XP | Bushskinz Sliders & Guards | Kaymar Rear Bar | LRA Tank | Safari Snorkel | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 | Rhino Pioneer Platform | Foxwing Awning | Drifta Drawers | Lightforce Venom | Stedi Lightbar | Viair 480C | ARB 47L Fridge | GME TX3500 | TraxRax |

Comment

• Rosscomatic
        • Feb 2011
        • Perth

Originally posted by 02-SR5 View Post
        This is the 3rd Panhard rod I have seen bent.

How did this happen.
        We did a trip along the Holland Track back in September. Had a great time!

Got a bit stuck here and there and found some great camping sites...

But also did a bit of damage unfortunately... I'm not sure exactly when I did it. Didn't notice until we got back and I was washing the car.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	_Stuck.jpg
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	971995Click image for larger version

Name:	_Camping.jpg
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	971993Click image for larger version

Name:	_Friend.jpg
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	971994
        2010 PB LS Challenger Auto. RedArc dual battery. GME UFH 80ch. Cargo barrier. Custom recovery points. Factory bull bar and towbar. Wandering Star Bushmaster camper trailer

Comment

• Toddyh
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2013
          • Lalor Park, NSW

If you can wait for the pan hard rod to arrive from Japan is significantly cheaper than $115.
          Mitsubishi MR210768 ROD,RR SUSP LATERAL. New & genuine Japanese car parts. Fast shipping. Low prices. Request a quote from Amayama Trading Co. online.

You will need to change the currency to AUD and add postage onto that price but it still should be under $100.
          2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• Rosscomatic
            • Feb 2011
            • Perth

I finally got to tend service centre to get the suspension rod fitted...

Also wanted to get the driver chair height adjuster changed because it broke.

Anyway, they said that because my "suspension has shifted" that they want to drop the whole thing out and re-align it all. $650... They gave me more detail at the time but I have forgotten... I've asked them to call and explain in detail again but I'm sure they won't... And I haven't crawled under the car to see if I can see anything obvious yet...

Also, they said they'd charge $99 to swap the chair adjuster... I said that it should be covered under warranty....

Them: "It's not covered under warranty because it's broken"...
            Me after a bit of stunned silence and some lolwut: "But... Isn't that what warranty is for?"
            Them: "I'll have to put in a special request for customer good-will"
            Me: "But... Warranty is for... Whatever. Just fix it"

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011
              • Adelaide, South Australia.

Get it in writing!

Seat height adjuster handle, remove plastic cap, remove 2 screws, replace handle, refit screws and cap! 15 minute tops including 10 minutes of paper work!

Panard rod, with weight on rear wheels undo the 2 bolts, remove bolts and rod, refit, torque bolts, 30 minutes max!

Suspension realignment! Ask how they are going to do this?
              There are no adjustments that can be done!

cheers, old Jack
              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• BMN
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2010
                • Perth WA

Originally posted by Rosscomatic View Post

Them: "It's not covered under warranty because it's broken"...
                Me after a bit of stunned silence and some lolwut: "But... Isn't that what warranty is for?"
                Them: "I'll have to put in a special request for customer good-will"
                Me: "But... Warranty is for... Whatever. Just fix it"
                Do service departments attract these people, or do they have special dumb arse training schools ?. Would make a good Monty Python skit
                2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• Rosscomatic
                  • Feb 2011
                  • Perth

Originally posted by Rosscomatic View Post

Anyway, they said that because my "suspension has shifted" that they want to drop the whole thing out and re-align it all.
                  They mentioned something about being able to fit 3 fingers in some gap one one side, and only 1 finger in some gap on the other. He also said that if we just replace the suspension rod then it'll result in my right hand tyre wearing out quickly. I just had a look and can't see what they're talking about, but then I'm not a mechanic...

Public holiday over here on Monday and then I'm up in Karratha for the week. so I won't be able to get back to them for some time unfortunately...

Comment

• old Jack
                    Regular
                    • Jun 2011

Hi Rossco,

The only time you would need to adjust the length of the panard rod is if you had an extreme lift, I have not heard of anyone with a genuine 50mm lift (602mm EBH) that has had rear tyre wear issues, driveline vibration yes but not tyre wear.
                    Are you sure that are not confused with the IRS Pajero?

cheers, old Jack.
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• Rosscomatic
                      • Feb 2011
                      • Perth

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                      Hi Rossco,

The only time you would need to adjust the length of the panard rod is if you had an extreme lift, I have not heard of anyone with a genuine 50mm lift (602mm EBH) that has had rear tyre wear issues, driveline vibration yes but not tyre wear.
                      Are you sure that are not confused with the IRS Pajero?

cheers, old Jack.

Bahaha! I really hope they can tell the difference between a Challenger and a Pajero!!!

I don't have any kind of suspension modification (apart from a bent panard rod). I don't think they were talking about changing the length of the rod itself. But the service assistant said something about a 3 finger gap on one side and a 1 finger gap on the other, which meant that they'd need to drop the whole suspension out and put it back properly... Otherwise if I just put the rod in, I'd wear my right rear tyre out...

I'll have to get in contact with them again when I'm back and get more info off them...

Comment

• old Jack
                        Regular
                        • Jun 2011

Unless you have hit something very very very hard and bent the suspension trailing arms, I can not think of what they could possibly be talking about.

cheers, old Jack.

Comment

• 02-SR5
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2010
                          • Toowoomba

Rossomatic,

Your dealer is talking out of his arse. He just wants your money.

Two bolts to fit the panhard rod, that's it.
                          MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• Rosscomatic
                            • Feb 2011
                            • Perth

Ok so I'm thinking I might do this myself then...

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                            Torque bolts
                            So do you mean tighten them up or will I need a torque wrench. And if so, is there a particular torque I'd torque them up to?

Comment

• old Jack
                              Regular
                              • Jun 2011

Torque is 231Nm +/- 14Nm, must be done with weight of car on wheels.

cheers, old Jack.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X