• Show
Clear All
  • psproule
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Googong, NSW

Originally posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
    Shane,
    I believe the new pump will come with all the sensors attached (as they are probably all internal to the pump anyway and unable to be removed without dis-assembly). The only ones that won't come with it will be the speed sensors, as they bolt onto the adapter plate in front of the pump (not onto the pump itself). Hence why Pats pump was changed multiple times but his fault was missed.
    Dan.
    a) the pumps are usually "reconditioned", not new - by a mob in Perth, and b) they are usually delivered minus the engine speed sensors - but the internals ones as you say will be there.

Pat
    2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
    2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2010
      • Cairns

Originally posted by psproule View Post
      a) the pumps are usually "reconditioned", not new - by a mob in Perth, and b) they are usually delivered minus the engine speed sensors - but the internals ones as you say will be there.

Pat
      Pat, are you saying that the pump that I am buying directly through Mitsubishi will be a recon pump?
      I find that very concerning, if that is the case.....
      Dan.
      2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• Phil
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2008
        • Sydney

Gday Phil.
        Nope, no codes are being given. Apparently this is not an un-common occurrence.
        With no codes, it unfortunately becomes trial and error to get the problem sorted.....
        What exactly happened with your car Phil, which required your pump to be replaced?
        Cheers, Dan.

In the end Sydney diesel did a reco pump with a modified part inside. They said they do a few for Mitsu dealers aswell.

If you get a pump from MMA it will be brand new and I think will come with sensors.... don't hold me to that.
        MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2010
          • Cairns

Thanks Phil. Was interesting to read your saga....
          Through one of the members on here (who has some contacts....), I have confirmed that the pump that I am getting through Mitsubishi will be brand new, genuine and completely intact.
          Only a couple of days now and hopefully all my problems will be gone!
          Cheers, Dan.
          2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• psproule
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007
            • Googong, NSW

Pat, are you saying that the pump that I am buying directly through Mitsubishi will be a recon pump?
            I find that very concerning, if that is the case.....
            Dan.
            Could very well be. Mine were. Each time they said "we're putting in a new pump", and when I heard them mention sourcing it from a company in WA I asked if it was new or recon and they said recon.

Pat
            2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
            2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Phil
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2008
              • Sydney

Dan, would be best to check what you are getting/paying for.
              I priced a Mitsu pump, over 3K trade and 3 plus weeks from Japan, nil stock OZ.
              I went with a reco/modified one for the quicker turn around and having the moded part inside.

Phil.
              MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2010
                • Cairns

Originally posted by Phil View Post
                Dan, would be best to check what you are getting/paying for.
                I priced a Mitsu pump, over 3K trade and 3 plus weeks from Japan, nil stock OZ.
                I went with a reco/modified one for the quicker turn around and having the moded part inside.

Phil.
                Originally posted by psproule View Post
                Could very well be. Mine were. Each time they said "we're putting in a new pump", and when I heard them mention sourcing it from a company in WA I asked if it was new or recon and they said recon.

Pat
                I have confirmed through the father (who works for Mitsi's) of one of our forum members that Mitsubishi do not stock recon parts of any kind within their own stores / warehouses. So going by this, my $3762 is buying me a brand new pump. There are 5 pumps in Sydney and there was 1 in Adelaide (which has disappeared from their stock listing as of Friday, so it must have been moved to the dealer where I am getting my car fixed).
                Apparently dealers or Mitsubishi central can choose to externally source and use recon parts for warranty repairs, to save on costs.
                Can you remember at all what the 'modified part' was inside your new pump Phil???
                Cheers, Dan.
                Last edited by Aussie_Dan; 24-10-10, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Phil
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2008
                  • Sydney

So they have brought a few in. A year ago it was nil stock.

Dan, the modified part is hard to explain, as Iam not up to speed on diesel pumps. There is a sleeve that has a unknown groove in it. This is found on other pumps aswell. I sure they replace this sleeve that causes problems with the actuator, hence my fault code
                  If you give the guys at Sydney diesel a call they'll be able to tell you.
                  Very nice and helpful, even if they aren't doing the job.

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2010
                    • Cairns

Got my car back this afternoon after having the pump changed by Agostino Mitsubishi's today.
                    So far, so good. Although I haven't driven far, the car certainly feels smoother and even sounds a bit quiter when cruising along at 60. I certainly have not felt any more hesitating / hunting / misfiring which is good!
                    The new $3.7K pump was definately a brand new item.
                    I have my old pump in the box in the back of the car, which is complete from the drive gear on the front, right through to the back of the pump. Speed sensors, adapter plate and the lot. This means that I now have a spare pair of speed sensors (the old ones) and brand new ones on the car aswell. Bonus!
                    The fact that some repairers are slugging people over $3K for a recon pump alone is disgusting, considering you can get a new one for not much more, and now we know that you also get new speed sensors too....
                    The service that I received at Agostino Mitsubishi's on Main North Road was nothing short of brilliant. They quoted me only 3 hours labour and that's all was charged. I would have thought that the pump change would take a lot longer than that.... They know what I have been through with this car, so perhaps they were just feeling sorry for me???
                    In the process of the pump change, when doing up a bolt that passes through the vacuum pump, the vacuum pump housign cracked. They replaced this pump with a brand new item, at no cost to me!
                    All in all I'm a happy customer now and I would recommend this dealer to anyone looking for a good and honest service dept in Adelaide. It was a huge contrast to the experience that I suffered with the last mob that touched my car.
                    Fingers crossed that my problems are now over. I am hopeful that they are but only time will tell I guess..... Will keep you all posted.
                    When I get a chance I will post up pics of the old pump for anyone who hasn't seen one. It's a bloody big unit at about 3 times the size of the pump that powered my last 4wd, a 2.4 EFI Surf.

Cheers, Dan.

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2010
                      • Cairns

Well, all is still well so far. Done a few hundred kms now and the car feels like it is driving much better than before the pump change. Much smoother and not a single hiccup.
                      Even did a small 4wd trip on the sand the other day. Took the car for a quick squirt along the beach to the Murray Mouth and back.
                      Anyway, as promised, here are some pics of the DiD injector pump. For a size comparison, I sat the old pump from my last 4WD, a 2.4 turbo (2LTE) Surf next to it.....

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

It's certainly a pretty big and heavy unit!
                      Cheers, Dan.

Comment

• CeeJay
                        Valued Member
                        • Sep 2008
                        • Samford, QLD

Glad to hear you're back up and running Dan.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

• green monster
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • Adelaide

hopefully no more problems from now on,, good to hear all is well
                          and look farward to perhaps joining you on the next 4by outing, ,,when i get back to Adelaide that is !!
                          NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• amr75wcr
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2009
                            • Sunny Coast

Joining the injection pump club

Well it would appear the trusty Pajero has joined the failed injection pump club
                            After 5 hours driving it started to appear to have a starvation issue, no power when trying to overtake.
                            After it was stopped for about half a hour and restarted cel and traction lights on, turn it off and restart and theses lights are still present ( it has had a history of fault 41 so no big stress). Anyway cycle the key lights still on try to drive it as we have in the past truck loads of black smoke and going nowhere fast. Plug the scan tool in and now it has codes 26 and 48 😞 from all indications this leads to a stuffed pump.
                            The findings so far in relation to a replacement unit
                            Brand new OE no longer available
                            Reconditioned range from 3k to nearly 5k
                            I guess with over 300k on the clock we have probably done pretty well
                            Wayne
                            04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• spot01
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • Adelaide

Any pumps at the wreckers?
                              Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• amr75wcr
                                Valued Member
                                • Dec 2009
                                • Sunny Coast

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                                Any pumps at the wreckers?
                                Not that I have been able to find, the other problem there is how good is a secondhand one
                                04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X