• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camb
    • Sep 2010
    • melbourne

got my letter thismorning......
    Attached Files
    2011 pb ls bfg a/t. arb bashplates...many more mods to come when $$$$allow. 2010 pb ls 7 seat, no mods.

Comment

• Challenger2.5
      • Jan 2012
      • Townsville

Both lower control arms replaced yesterday and questioned dealer as to whether a wheel alignment was carried out following the replacements. Service manager replied that alignment was not part of the recall procedure and that in any case they had marked the pins and he did not think one was necessary. Drove out the yard and a across the road to where our last four vehicles have had alignments and tyres for the last 18 years and he was adamant that changing out two major suspension components would definitely warrant a re alignment. Back to the dealer with the upshot being vehicle booked in for alignment next week. Credit to the dealerships service manager though as following my explanation as to why I thought one was required he went out of his way to ensure the alignment would be carried out.

Comment

• aaron.miller
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2011
        • Epping, NSW

Mine is going in tomorrow for the "inspection" which apparently takes 3-4 hrs.
        Then if the control arm is deffective they will order in the new ones.
        How long did it take from the inspection to the parts being ready to install?

Aaron
        2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

Comment

• BMN
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2010
          • Perth WA

Both lower control arms replaced yesterday and questioned dealer as to whether a wheel alignment was carried out following the replacements. Service manager replied that alignment was not part of the recall procedure and that in any case they had marked the pins and he did not think one was necessary
          Its a real worry when service managers make comments like this
          2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• greig
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2010
            • kanwal

Originally posted by aaron.miller View Post
            Mine is going in tomorrow for the "inspection" which apparently takes 3-4 hrs.

Aaron

The actual inspection would take approx. 30 secs.......after another 1 min to put it on a hoist !!

Comment

• Peebee
              • Jan 2011
              • South Fremantle

Mine is with the dealer as I type. Dropped it off this morning and drove home in a loan base 2WD Challenger. Not nearly as comfortable in the seats but also noticed it had the same issue that I've noticed recently in my 2012 XLS. The fan stays engaged after it has warmed up to around the 2000 rpm mark. Makes it noisy in taking off so when you're in traffic the fan noise is almost constant. Anyone else have the same issue?
              I guess I'll find out in a few hours if my car needs to go back to have the remedy installed for the lower control arms.

Comment

• aaron.miller
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2011
                • Epping, NSW

Originally posted by greig View Post
                The actual inspection would take approx. 30 secs.......after another 1 min to put it on a hoist !!
                I would have thought so too.
                I think the service manager is milking this

Aaron
                2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

Comment

• Peebee
                  • Jan 2011
                  • South Fremantle

I've just picked up my car from the dealer's and all OK, no need for new control arms. The bloke in the service department indicated that most they were seeing did not need any work.

Comment

• Cormac
                    • Jul 2012
                    • Sydney

the actual inspection books @ a little over 2 hours.. job is a little over 3.5...

if there are any members who are city sydney cbd based, please email me direct and we can fast track the process - especially now coming into the festive season

[email protected]
                    Cormac
                    ~~~~~~~~~~
                    1992 NH 3.0 Manual
                    few months old, Tough Dog shocks, GQ Coils in the rear, Torsion Bar wound, Maxxis bighorn 32" 764....
                    Sales Manager Sydney City Mitsubishi
                    Member of Triple Diamond 4WDClub NSW
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• greig
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2010
                      • kanwal

Originally posted by Cormac View Post
                      the actual inspection books @ a little over 2 hours.. job is a little over 3.5...

if there are any members who are city sydney cbd based, please email me direct and we can fast track the process - especially now coming into the festive season

[email protected]

Mitsu dealers must be milking Mitsu Australia for this recall work......to inspect the welds on control arms and a front prop shaft would take 30 secs....

But good luck to them, they gotta make money where ever they can...

Comment

• BMN
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • Perth WA

Yep ....they can book MMA 2hrs if they want, but the inspection should be a while-you-wait job
                        2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• Chris4x4
                          • May 2012
                          • Geelong

Had my check only 1 LCA requires replacing, only real issue I've had. Actually believe it or not I want an SRS light to come up as am 18 months into 5 year warranty and want it on record. Will be very pissed if it comes on in 5 years and 1 month and Mitsu don't come to my party!!
                          2022 Paj Sport, Grey, nicely hidden factory towbar, thanks MM,

Comment

• Ovets
                            • Jun 2011
                            • Canberra

Had mine in today with an all-clear given.

Mine also fell outside the prop shaft range so no further action needed there.

They did recommend replacement of "engine room cover" and "under plate" at a cost of $450 + labour; looked it up on the service CD and its obvious they were referring to the intercooler and sump bash plates which I had taken off to make their job easier!
                            2011 PB Challenger LS, Charcoal, manual, Hayman Reece towbar, ARB deluxe combo bullbar, Bushskinz bash plates (intercooler, sump and transfer case), Safari snorkel, Mickey Thompson ATZs, dual batteries, Uniden UH7760NB UHF, ARB 60l fridge, custom rear drawers

Comment

• tilly
                              • Apr 2012
                              • Bundaberg

Waiting Still

Booked mine in for the check today agreed at 12.30. Went off shopping returned at 3.15 and car is in the back car park. Went to service desk thinking all done but no they tell me its being checked as we speak. I don't think so.....
                              Comes back tell me it will be ready by 4.00 (of course it will ) so the whole check takes around 30 mins or so given the time frames.

Car given all clear.

Third or fourth time I have been made to wait to pick my vehicle up even though they say they will ring me when ready.

That's why I didn't buy my car locally (but that's another story)

Comment

• BMN
                                Valued Member
                                • Aug 2010
                                • Perth WA

Probably took them 15min to find and retrieve from the back carpark

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X